This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 4 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Subsentient
    Participant

Hi, I’m not a newbie to Scorched3D but I am a gameplay noob. I’ve dabbled in other RTS games and become very good in one, but Scorched3D seems to have that non-stressful quality I love that is found in seemingly not many games. I’m a Python programmer, deep thinker, and the creepy guy that is standing on your lawn with no pants. Don’t look.

I hope I can make meaningful contributions.

-Subsentient

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hello! 😀

Welcome to scorched3d subsentient!!

I ArmorWraith, nice to meetcha!
    I would like to welcome you to our fine community here at scorched3d!!

IF you have any questions or just wanna chat, feel free to ask!!

If you would like to find ways to contribute, just send me a note or leave me a message, im sure we could find a good use for you 😀

All the best,

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Sub, you a Spring player? Cos I recognise the name, not in a good way.

Welcome to Scorched though, it is generally far more laid back, especially as I’ve not played in months 🙁

Chopper
    Participant

Hmmm….might be on to something there Mr Peanut.
    Any case sometimes I play without my pants too…..Gotta be careful though, the old laptop can get a little warm….

Subsentient
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Welcome to Scorched though, it is generally far more laid back, especially as I’ve not played in months 🙁

I don’t even know what a spring player is, but if it’s this community’s term for cheater, I don’t cheat.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Odd I thought I was the only one standing on my lawn with no pants.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@subsentient wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I don’t even know what a spring player is, but if it’s this community’s term for cheater, I don’t cheat.

It’s an RTS game…. Spring RTS. Originally done to continue Total Annihilation, it kind of grew, it’s the best RTS game I’ve played, beating the snot out of SupCom, not graphically, but in overall UX.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

are there cheats? i heard there was talk of a new aimbot or similar, possibly one that even worked on the new official AWE mod.

stop cheating in scorched3d. stop using aimbots on a selection of dedicated game servers tweaked on request for your gaming pleasure.

stop taking advantage of our money-saving 12-pack.

stop enjoying scorched3d on the patio, in the car or on the boat. wherever good times are had : )

ps:
    hi

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Not sure what the rest of your message means but I somehow feel you may be flipping me off.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Oh how quickly this thread turned into a load of randomness.
    Forgot how much I missed S3D for that ‘special quality’.

Chop, even when you’re not wearing clothes you’re still not naked, you’re so old the amount of fur on your body means it’s hard to tell you’re not wearing clothes.

POM .l..

Lappy… hey man, I feel we’re in need of a good argument on windows RT/8 with plenty of tempers having tantrums and unfortunate items being thrown at monitors!

Sub, to re-iterate, Spring is a game, not term for cheats. We had a cheating problem, which contributed (IMO) to the downfall of this game before it got repaired (which I hope it still is).

harrybro
    Participant

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

^ missing one wowgold/latest discount jewellry link

peanut, im scared to try win 8. i still get frustrated with 7’s failings. i think i’ll probably move to linux as my main this time around. i need a virtual solution for windows

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

^ missing one wowgold/latest discount jewellry link

peanut, im scared to try win 8. i still get frustrated with 7’s failings. i think i’ll probably move to linux as my main this time around. i need a virtual solution for windows

Richie’s gone the other way, instead of using nix as his primary in a dual boot, he’s Win7ing and using nix in a virtual box as he’s found 7 to be OK (though he’d still prefer nix for everything).

Windows 8 looks to be POOR for standard desktop use. I tried the preview a few months back and it was dumb, but I’ve read reviews & articles and seen several videos on it for tablets/notebooks and it looks to be pretty good, mostly because it’s so heavily based in touch screen UX where the screens too far away on desktop.

Something that did strike me as a good point on tablet/notebook was that when you’re typing and need to click something, it’s far quicker to reach up to the screen to press than reach across to mouse, move it a bit to find cursor, move cursor to button and click.
    of course the drawback there is that you need a reasonably large button to press for your finger, which wastes screen real-estate, where a cursor can click a damn small button.

It’s exciting to see different UI/UX being tried and implemented though, as much as I love K&M, there’s better ways, but I think it’s gonna be a while until something’s really found and implemented properly.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

youre probably right.

i dont see touch screens taking off for desktop use, personally.

i think theyre another one of those cool (failed) space-age ideas from decades past, now cheap enough that anyone can have a go. try using one when youre actually trying to get something done, and i reckon youd (one would) soon realise why they didnt take off against the cool more operative innovations like those mice you can get now with more than one button and the scrollllllll wheels.

it’s apple’s doing. i hear they have some cool tricks lined up for the iPad pro. a built-in, lightweight, flip-down keyboard, so we can type on one almost like it’s a proper computer, and a micro single-finger touch pad, so we can navigate through pictures of ourselves without traversing all of 9 inches for every click.

Something that did strike me as a good point on tablet/notebook was that when you’re typing and need to click something, it’s far quicker to reach up to the screen to press than reach across to mouse, move it a bit to find cursor, move cursor to button and click.

come onnnn. dont tell me it’s easier to lift your whole arm a foot off the desk for every click across a 25″ monitor. even if the screen was flat on the desk and the increased travel wasnt a problem, you wouldnt want your hand in the way of the things you were trying to click on, not to mention the dirt and finger marks.

even if each iTouch came with a year’s supply of cleansing wipes (and i hear they do), touch screens for the desktop are not to be taken seriously. (unless youre a… you know… apple user : P

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

You even included it in the quote:
    On a tablet/notebook!!!!!
    Ya know, the things where the screen’s just a few inches away from your hand anyway!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.