This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

joebob
    Participant

I still have that bug makes me want to mod, and ive started again on a mod i began back in 38.1, going thru the learning curve again haha.
    anyone still active in modding S3d? I’d be interested in farming out models for weps, as im fighting milkshape to build models that dont crash the game.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I know the engine inside out at this point. What issues are you having?

Armor

joebob
    Participant

not sure but i think its something with # of verts or polysmy models have. < 200 verts w/ 1 material works ok, but they are very primitive looking. my fav models are all like 400-450 verts/1200 polys, 5 meshes and 3 to 5 materials. is there a limit on # of polys?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Not to my knowledge. Would you happen to have a sample of one of the models you are utilizing?
    Perhaps I could take a look.

Cheers,

armor

joebob
    Participant

ahh it was something simple. textures have to be powers of 2. dohhh! now i can see even a 800 poly model will work, but i think safe bet is keep under 400 so it doesnt bog anything down.

am having issue with startmask tho. using a 256×256 only want tanks to start on the rim, so that area is white, rest is black. but when i start the map with target bots, we can be almost anywhere.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Good good.

I havent played with start maps in a while, I know they were updated in the last version.

Check the bug tracker to see how they were implemented.

Let me know how your mods come along. I host the awe server, so if you have any more questions let me know.

Armor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.