This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I was getting way ahead of the game trying to make a weapon that would take money from a tank on impact and give it to the player.

I was making this weapon here.(comes with vaccum clean sound and cash register bell after its done) When I tested it I realized, DOH!, you can’t do this yet.

I start thinking about all the problems with trying to get this in the game.

Should it be tied to an explosion radius or something simular or direct hit only?
    Shields, should they stop the effect or not?
    Making it so you can’t steal more then the person has? (big problem)

Posting the code reminded me of some other things.
    Should the this be an option of or would we need a new tag? or
    Would it be too over powering even if you only allow half the cost of the weapon to be stolen max and the amount stolen was random from 500 min to 5000 max

The code I used when I realized it only takes and gives money from yourself.

Money siphon
    A projectile weapon that takes money from your
    target and gives it back to you.
    Does no damage to shields or tanks.

dollargive.bmp
    shoot/flare.wav
    dollar/book.txt

dollar/book.txt

none
    none need to change
    explosions/vacuum.wav

data/wav/misc/cashregister.wav

Takecash100

money100

Takecash250

money250

Takecash500

money500

Takecash750

money750

Takecash1000

money1000

Deathbal
    Participant

I think it should be 5-33% of targets money. That would change the strategy of just how much someone saves. It also encourages “killing the leader”

I think it should be an item that you enable, like chutes. So if you kill someone, you get the money. But it probably should only work with weapons class 8 and up. Maybe 7 and up…..any lower and it would get ridiculous.

jdog
    Participant

When it come to giving or losing money the game only deals in whole numbers, no percents.

As the game is, it would have to be a weapon that you fire at a another play and give and take weapons like this work on hit. This means you would receive the money for a hit when you hit.

Beside there is no way to take money from another play in the game, and gifting money in the next version only works in teams

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.