This topic contains 20 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 9 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

About time for a stats reset or new version don’t y’all think? If the new version is too far out then a stats reset would be welcome. XTC/Pizza has it won and doesn’t even bother playing anymore. IMO it’s time to start over. There are some dang good players who don’t have a chance cuz they couldn’t get in on this version until they figured out how to run it on their systems or bought new ones. So anyone with me for the stats reset?

Mcb Lover
    Participant

No matter for me.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I was with ya when I was in line for my top 10 medal.

But yea, definately time IMO.

Thrax
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

About time for a stats reset or new version don’t y’all think?
    If the new version is too far out then a stats reset would be welcome.
    XTC/Pizza has it won and doesn’t even bother playing anymore. IMO it’s
    time to start over. There are some dang good players who don’t have a
    chance cuz they couldn’t get in on this version until they figured out how
    to run it on their systems or bought new ones. So anyone with me for the
    stats reset?

While the progress is promising, and have had very few set-backs
    so far, the V42 project is still a not quite ready to test.

Locking in the stats and starting over would help a few players
    try harder again, I was considering it on mine in a while too.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

While we are on the subject of stats and such should we not have a pro-server? Not sure what to base it on but I would say skills rating. Some of these guys are stupid good (in USA that is a compliment). Would love to have a server where only ppl with **** skill rating could get in that would be a real battle ground IMO. If it was possible to have the 50 kill limit for main would this not be possible too? May take some pressure off of the other players like myself if there were a place for pros to gather we non-pros could play worry free =)

Thrax
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

While we are on the subject of stats and such should we not have
    a pro-server? Not sure what to base it on but I would say skills rating.
    Some of these guys are stupid good (in USA that is a compliment).
    Would love to have a server where only ppl with **** skill rating could
    get in that would be a real battle ground IMO. If it was possible to have
    the 50 kill limit for main would this not be possible too? May take some
    pressure off of the other players like myself if there were a place for
    pros to gather we non-pros could play worry free =)

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=40450#40450
    Returning the minkill limit has been discussed a few times, and
    somehow never seen it’s way to fruition…

I personally don’t see the harm in a minor training requirement before
    hitting the regular server; if only to prove that you’ve gotten the hang
    of the controls.

A 2nd-server minkill of 25 would be enough. Not so high that it
    can’t be reached swiftly, but enough that they prove some level
    of competancy and focus. Those merely intending to join a packed
    server and flame/spam the game away, will be weeded out.

NAKED STONER
    Participant

Their should not be a pre-required 50 kills to join main.
    Let the noobies choose where they want to learn,I learned on main and it pushed me to learn faster and deal with the trash talk, real quick. Also, IMO, a point system of 75-Win,50-Kill,25-Assist would stop any run away winner and the game would be close up through the last rounds.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

There is a limit of 10 on assists and other limits exist.

I like the idea of a kill limit, too many new players join main, get slaughtered and leave the game for good, with the limit, they could play the bots, get a bit of a taste and then really start learning.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Wasn’t looking to start a debate on the kill limit. I was forced to get my 50 before coming to main and I think it helped me. Like starting in level one of any video game before moving on.

NAKED STONER
    Participant

I see the real world sense in making people jump through a 50 kill hoop. A lot of people would RQ and never come back. Idealisticly,it’s like taking a cell phone camping. It’s a very good idea to do, but big brother should not make you. Let everyone decide for themselves where they want to start. THE NAKED STONER

EatMyCar
    Participant

Honestly, I’m a bit unsure of what to do here. Most games don’t have forced newb only servers, but RTS games generally have automatch features that line a person up with opponent(s) of similar skill so Random McNoob doesn’t end up fighting LEETPLAYR69 with 1000/1 K-D. Though granted any player can join any server if they choose so.

On the other hand, while newbies against pros/addicts could be a recipe for rage-quitting and foot stamping, it also seems to be the only option here (Lets be real, who plays bots out of the regular players?). Either sit alone and fight bots in a bot server, or go into the only lively server? If I wanted to play with bots, I could just by-pass the whole joining the server thing myself.

Also, Reset? Do Want!

Thrax
    Participant

For many years, the 2 primary servers were set up such.
    The Beginners server for initial training, and the 2nd server for those
    who wished to play against others that understood the control already.

The 2nd server had a minkill of 50, and as such, required at least a
    basic understanding of the game in order to enter. We as players
    had accepted that as the norm, and strived to learn so that we could
    hang-out with others like us.

It is actually only recently that the minkill was removed, and since have
    had more than our share of troubles appear in the ‘once happy’ 2nd
    server.

I was only proposing a half-way level of access. minkill of only 25.
    Letting more beginners jump the gate and join the other fans, while
    still requesting a slim ammount of training.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi All:

I resisted posting in this thread before now, due to not wanting to sound like I had been eating sour grapes after losing my rank to POM. Being in a somewhat less awkward position now, I’d like to offer my opinion. It appears that the stats are still in a state of flux.@pastor of muppets wrote:

About time for a stats reset or new version don’t y’all think? If the new version is too far out then a stats reset would be welcome. XTC/Pizza has it won and doesn’t even bother playing anymore. IMO it’s time to start over. There are some dang good players who don’t have a chance cuz they couldn’t get in on this version until they figured out how to run it on their systems or bought new ones. So anyone with me for the stats reset?

As an example:

The top five players have all changed places in the 14 days which have elapsed since the request for a reset.

Raden is now in first (was seccond)
    xtc is in second (was first)
    Rommel is in third (was fifth)
    Pom is in fourth (was third)
    Vitos is in fifth (was fourth)

Not only that, we’ve had a great many people change spots further down the list during this same time period.

From a purely selfish stand, it appeals to me to close the stats immediately while I’m still in third but that hardly seems fair to the other players that are regulary (and hopefully honestly) trying to better their scores.

Even though I whispered to POM last night that I would make a post to support the reset after I took back my rank, I can’t in good conscience support this request.

So in closing I’ll paraphrase the immortal words of Mr. Johnny Lee Hooker and request this instead … Let them boys boogie woogie!

Good luck and best wishes to all,

Rommel

Rommel
    Participant

To All:

Not wanting to misdirect this thread, but a correction needs to be made with regard to the scoring mentioned.

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

There is a limit of 10 on assists and other limits exist.

The range of permissable values for an assist are:

0 – 50 in increments of one.

That is all,

Rommel

pastor of muppets
    Participant

For the record I was 5th when I suggested the reset. My whole point is that there are a bunch of newer players who are good that really don’t have a chance for a higher rank because honetly time played is your biggest ally for stats in this game. Would be nice imo to be fighting 7 or 8 guys for rank instead of just Rom. When Vitos gets a chance to play he plays a day or two then gets several hundred kills ahead and waits for Rom and I to chase him when I know that if we reset it would be a battle between many instead of a handful.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.