This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Reactorfighter 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I voted yes. Give us players who can’t play on-line a chance to show some skills. There are many talented players out there who just controll the top because they have been playing longer online or off then anyone else.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

After this topic
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1492
    the voting score has been reset to the correct amount.

hobbesme
    Participant

@1 wrote:

I am the best player

I have never seen you play & admit to having formed an opinion of your skill & gameplay only from reading your posts & other players’ posts concerning you.

However, you are clearly a good player — even your detractors begrudgingly admit this. However, your humility & people skills need lots of improvement.

@1 wrote:

if not,then show me who is better

Again, I have never seen you play, but I would venture to guess that Gooseberry & Paris are still the best players this game has ever seen.

Perhaps you are now Scorched3D’s “best” player — but that would be in skill only since you add no other positive contributions to the game or its enjoyment & your purile behavior overshadows all other factors.

I hope you enjoy your #”1″ status, since no one else in the game does!

Irishbandit
    Participant

😀 Why not reset i like the idea i think it will bring the fun back. People wont be so competitive, about there stat because it will be reset at a regular basis. As far as 1 saying that he is the best, when you are the best other people say it, you dont have to blow your own horn, thus proving yet again you will never be the best. Those who are the best are fun to play with willis wow kraft fungus apollo redi and a bunch of others who make this game fun to play. I vote reset the stats ever 90 days. And stop picking on the new players.

Ebonite
    Participant

Double post! Ha Ha!

I say do it every 3 months, that will give us 4 quarters a year. And then maybe Gavin can time his releases with the stat reset, unless he doesn’t like deadlines… 🙄

A Moogle
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

As far as 1 saying that he is the best, when you are the best other people say it, you dont have to blow your own horn, thus proving yet again you will never be the best. Those who are the best are fun to play with willis wow kraft fungus apollo redi and a bunch of others who make this game fun to play.

HERE HERE!!!
    I completely agree with IB’s assessment of the situation.
    _1_ obviously has earned respect from almost noone but himself.
    Maybe the people that just throw out their respect, are the ones that like him.

I don’t aim to be better than everyone else, but instead to improve myself(not just in-game!) and the general gaming experience, as well as the lives of the people around me.

BTW – I also think the stats should be reset regularly, maybe with something like a badge for being in the top 25 most accurate players, another one for being in the top 25 with the most kills, etc. Just for the sake of comparison, etc.

-Kupo, off.

Willis
    Participant

Well, when it comes to recording / rewarding .. heres the good n bad:

We should not limit it to the top 10 or top 25 players. Top 100 is better. Why? It gives more people the ability to get reconized. Need other reasons??? Let me give you 10 to start with:

Apollo Tangent
    Wowbagger
    redi
    Ebonite
    Willis
    Miro
    comedown
    apache64d
    Judas
    Xal

10 of the many consistant / best players of scorched, each already in the top 20 and upon any reset are likely to work their way up there again.
    So who’s going to be the other 15 outta +1,000? Give more slots.

The second is – stat’s pages should work on a _BASE_ level. By this I mean there are certain *parameters* needed to be fufilled before you can be seen on stat’s pages. Say 20 kills, 60 min of gametime.

This may seem like alot but.. consider ONLY the 20 kills filter – that would turn the stats list of over 1300 players on list – to (currently) 265 players on list. On the flip side if only filtering the 60 min – cuts it to 630 kills.

This would DRASTICLY cut down on the *5 minute* players. People who made their name and have it for over 3-4 months but, played for maybe 5 minutes.

I do for record aprove of standard resets of stat’s pages. And do agree with a “Hall of Fame” region for the top 100 players at the time.

DeVice
    Participant

I voted yes, and think the stats should get reset on a regular time basis.

They tend to reflect the players with the most free time to play the game otherwise, which isn’t really interesting 🙂

Zilla
    Participant

yes, and I like the race to 500 idea.

Cheers 😛

Willis
    Participant

I re-read my prior post and noticed an error.

In my filter example I did not mean by 20 kills AND 60 minutes of gameplay. In reality I ment ‘OR’.

Reactorfighter
    Participant

A stats reset appears to be a good idea, just don’t do it too often. An 1-years-frequent reset is just acceptable.

Miroslav
    Participant

I wasnt so sure at first but i voted for’ YES’
    But i think Reactorfighteris right… I would vote 4 1/2 or 1 years resets..
    thanx

Willis
    Participant

1 year is a VERY long time. If you recal we got v38 on Dec 04. Thats already 2n 1/2 months.

Consider 4-5X that … theres your year. Active players such as those in top 10 would have near if not over 10,000 kills by that time.

I could see trimesters (3, 4 month intervals) but thats as high as I’d go.

Miroslav
    Participant

heh maybe ure right Willis:)
    3-4 months is better:)

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Okay, make it 6 months 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.