This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Reactorfighter 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Some people have mentioned to me that a reset of the scorched3d player stats may be in order. What do people think about reseting the stats and storing the list of the current top 100 for posterity.

If this is popular it may become a regular occurance.

Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Some people have mentioned to me that a reset of the scorched3d player stats may be in order.

I dont this this is good idea…. Is here somebody who want to RESET their stats?I dont think top players will agree this.

p.s. Somebody show me these “some peoples” please.I want to look at their stats…

Shark
    Participant

I’d say yes. It sounds like a good idea to do this every once in a while, and then save the resultant top 100s.
    After a while running on the same stats, new players don’t stand much of a chance to fight themselves to the top. They might look at the top ten and in great silence think: “a 1000 kills… a 1000 kills… Dammit!”
    And the top 100 will be saved, so it’s not like any of the tops will actually lose their positions as such. If done as I think, they may actually be engraved in an html file for future generations to look at and wonder about 😉

Participant

@shark wrote:

I’d say yes. It sounds like a good idea to do this every once in a while, and then save the resultant top 100s.
    After a while running on the same stats, new players don’t stand much of a chance to fight themselves to the top. They might look at the top ten and in great silence think: “a 1000 kills… a 1000 kills… Dammit!”
    And the top 100 will be saved, so it’s not like any of the tops will actually lose their positions as such. If done as I think, they may actually be engraved in an html file for future generations to look at and wonder about 😉

Maybe you think im scary to lose my stats?Well this is A BIG mistake.I came in game when apollo had more than 1000 kills and look at me now.So dont worry about me.I am the best player (if not,then show me who is better)That’s why i cant see any replies in my post about Championship or competition.And that’s why apollo & wowbagger will vote “no” 🙄

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I vote yes re-set them. And then re-set them on a regular basis, say 60 or 90 days.

Or you could make it a race to 500 kills 💡 , that would be interesting to race to a specific number, it almost guaruntees the participation in intense game play among those who get close!!!

At that point, maybe an admin could be present or a tourney room could be opened for the top 20 players.

I endorse it!

The people who don’t are somewhat mystified, being top ranked isn’t so cracked up to what some (people) might think it is.

It’s just a number (1). It doesn’t make you Gain undue respect, (that is earned).

It doesn’t pay your bills. 8)
    It doesn’t curl up in bed with you at night. 🙁
    It doesn’t cook dinner. Then do the dishes. 😆
    It doesn’t defrag your hard-drive when needed. 🙄
    There is a whole list of things that the number doesn’t do… LOL 😕

Yup Gavin, re-set it. It’s also a nice motivating factor for newbies to hang onto the game and dedicate more time to playing it. (taking out the GEE I can never get that many factor). 😀

Thanks for putting up the Poll Gavin!!! 😛

Apollo

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

@1 wrote:

Maybe you think im scary to lose my stats?Well this is A BIG mistake.I came in game when apollo had more than 1000 kills and look at me now.So dont worry about me.I am the best player (if not,then show me who is better)That’s why i cant see any replies in my post about Championship or competition.And that’s why apollo & wowbagger will vote “no” 🙄

Maybe there is a way that server logs the “No” votes… I would hate to see ficticious names casting votes from the same IP… LOL

So anyone voting “No” should maybe give their opinion.

A race to 500 would kind of be a competition wouldn’t it?

Please stop picking on people who have valid issues that need to be discussed in forums, not only is it rude but when you complain about issues that seem to be relevent to “You” and only “You”… Yet are critical of other people. (calling them cry babies and A**-kissers),it points out your selfish and self centered nature. After all there are about 900 + (or so other players in the game. It would be unselfish on your part if you would be able to just let those 900 players all start out on a level playing field.

Pull yourself up by your boot-straps (1) Maybe when the stats are re-set, you can find a name instead of a number for your nick-name, have a pleasent attitude and YOU Might actually develop friendships with the other players instead of alienating them.

Apollo

Participant

😆 Yes,reset these fckin stats and provide CHAMPIONSHIPS,because now rank means nothing.No more reason to spend time in game to get more kills,because they will be deleted anyway.So i’ll be present only at championships,to take my 1st place.Like this idea?Great,me too. Adios 😉

triangles
    Participant

yeh – reset the frickers!
    -triangles:0

A Moogle
    Participant

@1 wrote:

now rank means nothing.No more reason to spend time in game to get more kills… So i’ll be present only at championships,to take my 1st place.Like this idea?Great,me too.

So you’re saying the ONLY reason you play is for the rank? LOL omg.

That really seems pathetic. It’s a GAME. If you can’t enjoy it for the fun it is supposed to provide, then you might as well not play.

“You should also work on a better attitude.”
    -Me, and several others.

Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

@1 wrote:

now rank means nothing.No more reason to spend time in game to get more kills… So i’ll be present only at championships,to take my 1st place.Like this idea?Great,me too.

So you’re saying the ONLY reason you play is for the rank? LOL omg.

“You should also work on a better attitude.”
    -Me, and several others.

I like to be 1st,this is my best fun.I also have fun when some “noobs” cry on forum and posting sh*t about me (cheater,hacker,flooder…ect).Then i like to kill these “noobs” every 1st shot.Then they change all gameplay (noobs revolution) but this never stop me to gain fun.
    You can like my attitude or not – it is your problem.No bad language – no questions to me.Adios.

cbx550f
    Participant

I’d say reset it occasionally. I remember when I used to play Crimson Skies online, the stats ran on a cycle of about three months – I thought that worked nicely.

Having said that, it would also be nice to have something like “awards” show up beside a player’s name for placing well in a previous cycle’s stats. ie: If you reset the stats today, Apollo would have a Gold star beside his name in the future, Wobagger a silver, 1 a bronze. (I’m just citing the ranking as it shows by default on the stats page) Or maybe a gold star for #1, and a silver star for top ten, or whatever. Take Gooseberry, for example: If he suddenly showed up in the game tonight, he may get blasted for being a cheater (as they guy is GOOD, and many of the new folks wouldn’t know him) – but if they were able to look him up in the stats, and see 9 gold stars beside his name, it would show his experience.

Another added bonus of doing shorter cycles is the added factor of competetiveness it adds, ie: “I’ll show these guys NEXT cycle!!” 😉

1, I understand your feelings against it, but I think if we showed a person’s previous acheievement (in the form of stars or something beside their name) – it would be a good comprimise.

Cheers
    /cbx

BOY
    Participant

New stats mean a chance to improve my shooting percentage more easily! YA!

I really like the idea of putting stars or medals my the names of players who have some high stats from previous lists
    I did vote yes, but i would like to say yes only if the reset is after at least several months of play or when the total of all kills reaches like 50,000 or 100,000 or something like that. We could introduce something like a season with a Tournament or Playoffs to wrap it all up.

Cheer up 1, its not that NOW rank means nothing, it ALWAYS meant nothing, it always will mean nothing (after the funeral I attended today I could put in better perspective for you if you like, message me and i’ll explain) did you look at my Hit list? you made my number 1 most deadly player or did you notice? You should be happy, but yet you have not thanked me for recognizing your skill. GO HERE http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8216#8216

Wowbagger
    Participant

I voted yes to reset the stats. It would give renewed interest to all who play the game. Maybe every other month or so.

Farfignuken
    Participant

I cast my vote as a big Yes.
    Reset them and archive the past stats positions so that any1 so inclined can look back and see there position.

It’s a wonder some people can have time to play scorched they must have to divide there time between staring at themselves in the mirror.

How does any1 with such a big head stand himself.

If Championships are that important to some people, why not set up your own server and invite all to join you.
    Lets see how many people will play?

I like the forums registration…it rocks!

Participant

I like this idea with gold stars..But they must show SKILL (i mean global skill).I think this is fair to both newbies and top players.

p.s. Thanks for your job BOY ,your ranking system is great.It shows real skill of players,but you must add kills graph to your system because some newbie can make 50 kills with same high kill rate like me with 2000 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.