This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Ebonite
    Participant

Well, this question isn’t really an important issue, it’s just me being greedy. 😈 Anyway, I just wanted some clarification on how stats are logged, because it is my impression that information is sent to the stats tracking doo-hickey at the conclusion of each round. As such, a player who leaves in the middle of a round would not get credit for any action he performed in that round (weapon fired, kills, etc.). My question is when does the server log the winner of an entire game? At the end of the final round, the scoreboard is displayed twice, once to indicate the round winner, and once to indicate the game winner, at least, these are my assumtions. The reason I am bringing this up is because on two occasions now, the people I have been playing against have logged out at the conclusion of the final round, before the winner is declared, and the server reverts to a “waiting” mode, thus, presumeably, nullifying my game win. I am just curious if the game winner information is being logged without the server actually displaying it, and if not, could such an implementation be made. I believe that it is not, and am slightly discouraged that my hard earned win is so easily rendered moot. Like I said, I’m just being greedy, and this is not someting that should be looked into at the expense of someting else.

I just gotta beat Nater at something, though…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Stats events are logged as and when they happen. So kills are logged when the kill is made. But you are right if people leave before the winner message is displayed you won’t get credit for it.

Perhaps we could remove the first score display and only show the final score for the last round. i.e on the last round only display on score dialog,would that work better?

On a different note, currently the stats web pages only use kills as a metric so you have to beat nates kills (the wins actualy don’t matter at the moment!).

Ebonite
    Participant

eh, no way I can catch him in kills, he has too much play time. I would like to beat both his round wins and game wins though, just to give him something to think about. 😉

One score display on the final round would work great. Could it show both the round winner and the overall winner? It would be more fair that way I think.

While on the subject of stat metrics, I would like to see the development of some sort of efficiency rating or something similar. Again, I would hate to push this over something more directly game related, but any ranking by kills, rounds, or games would lend the higher ranks to the players who spend the most time playing. I would imagine that for a new player to come in and see Nater with his 600 kills and me with me 550 and so on down the line, it would be rather daunting to try to jump in online and feel competitive.

Off the top of my head, a good start would be the shots per kill ratio. New guy comes in and takes just over 3 shots to kill a tank, so his 3.12 rating is not so far from (for example) lynx(GER)’s 1.76 rating (I’m sure his would be rather lower). A secondary indicator could be the percentage of rounds won. Just a few ideas to place less emphasis on total time played.

Of course, the usual stats would be kept alongside whatever rating is used. In addition to each player’s kills, rounds, and games, I would like to see a running total of time spent playing, in hours and minutes (seconds would get too huge 🙄 ). I can see that this could be tough to program, so I wouldn’t expect it, but it would be nice to see who the addicts are…

StfN
    Participant

hmm yeah, i agree, i think shots per kill (or kills per shot, in percent, so higher would mean better) and/or percentage of won rounds as measurement would be nice additions.

Ebonite
    Participant

umm, just thought it would be more appropriate to track actual rounds played rather than total time played. might be easier, too. no rush on this, would rather the server disconnect bug get ironed out first. thanx

Ebonite
    Participant

ok, now this is going to sound really lame, but would it be possible to look up my user ID on the server and send it to me? I uninstalled 37.1 before installing the test version and forgot to get my ID#. would it by anychance be in one of the files not removed by the uninstall? there are a few folders left under data and such… nothing important is lost, just bragging rights. 🙄

Edit: found it in the old display settings. Ignore the lamer… 🙄

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, I’ve added the number of deaths each player has to the stats. You can see it on a]the players individual stats page.

This allows us to do the number of kills per death as a metric, which I think could be a good measure of skill.

Do you think I should display this extra ranking table now? As the death stats have only started been collected recently everyone will have very high scores 🙂 Also what to do if a person does not die.

Ebonite
    Participant

I would be fine with waiting until a new version comes out and makes restarting the stats feasible. I think it would be less confusing to let the current stats method stand until then. In the case of no deaths, can you assign a placeholder value, such as .01 or just .1? This would allow the respective player a correspondingly high ratio and avoid any “divide by zero” errors for the few minutes said player could maintain this feat… 🙂

Thanks for the effort. You so rock! 8)

Anonymous
    Participant

Is there anyway to access our old id# if we have lost it on a uninstall? I am currently ranked 31, but my old self is 12. Combine the two would put me in top 10 🙁 Is there any help for a fool like me?

Zilla

imported_gcamp
    Participant

At the moment I am the only one with the ability to get the ids back, if you mail me nicely I can give you the old id if you want. However I cannot combine the two together, sorry.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.