This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

Yes it does!

Good to hear. 🙂

BTW as I was editing xml tonight i saw that napalm…

description>A projectile weapon that explodes into a large river of flame. Any tanks near the flames near tanks will loose life.</ 😯
    We need a bomb that will tighten life up a little bit. 😛

I don’t want to be known as some kinda “Ho”.

Too late. 😛

BTW: Tidbit of info for Linux users: To convert Unix style text files to DOS style, open up in vi, and type “:set ff=dos” (without the quotes, that is), and to convert DOS to Unix, it’s “set ff=unix”

Cheers!

cbx550f
    Participant

Say, would one of you kind Windows unsing folks mind trying to load the .txt file from this (the one in the .zip file) into Milkshape? I’m curious to see if converting the newlines to DOS style fixed the “Milkshape crashing when loading cbx’s files” problem.

Thanks 🙂

cbx

Deathstryker
    Participant

Well it’s not crashing anymore however it still gives a generic error when loading it up. Sadly, it’s the error isn’t in-depth.

I can however tell you what I see as looking wrong. First off, the material names have random characters, and secondly the model looks a little strange. It looks transparent in some areas. Also, the material doesn’t appear to be working.

cbx550f
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Well it’s not crashing anymore however it still gives a generic error when loading it up. Sadly, it’s the error isn’t in-depth.

I can however tell you what I see as looking wrong. First off, the material names have random characters, and secondly the model looks a little strange. It looks transparent in some areas. Also, the material doesn’t appear to be working.

Whups – just noticed your post here!

Thanks Death. Looks like the normals are all flipped – interesting. With this model I finally came across the problem others had seen with my export script where you have to actually flip the normals the wrong way to make it work. Interesting to note that it’s “inside out” in Milkshape, the same as in Blender.

Well, at least it load now! 🙂 Hopefully I’ll have some time to work on this soon – thanks for the test and feedback!

cbx

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.