This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

Edit: Fixed files attached

Well, I’m calling this done now – I may do a bit more detail texturing sometime, we’ll see.
    1440 Triangles – Took a bit to get it that low, wanted it lower, but it would have required losing some detail that I wasn’t ready to part with. 😉

Screenie:

Edit tanks.xml as follows (yup, indentation, spelling, and capitals count!):

Staghound
    Tank
    staghound/staghound.txt

Unzip the file of your choice to the data/tanks directory, and enjoy!

Cheers,

cbx

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Looks great!

Apollo

Deathstryker
    Participant

Sorry CBX, got the same probs as Apollo. I tried loading it up in Milkshape to have a look at it but Milkshape said it couldn’t read it.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Looking at the .txt some more I see that all new lines are replaced by unrecognized characters or squares. Did you use an encoding method that Windows has probs with? This may or may not have have effect on it I dunno.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

(portion deleted)

Deathstryker
    Participant

(removed)

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

(portion deleted) saves space on thread!

Deathstryker
    Participant

(removed since it no longer makes sense after Apollo deleted his.)

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

(same)

Deathstryker
    Participant

(removed since it no longer makes sense after Apollo deleted his.)

cbx550f
    Participant

Whoa! Holy cow! I’ll fix right away… stay tuned. 😉

cbx550f
    Participant

Okay, sorry about that folks – I, embarassingly enough, did something I really should know better than do – I changed “1 little thing” before uploading. 😉 All fixed now.

As for the lack of newlines/strange box characters:
    Windows/Dos and Linux/Unix systems handle newlines differently in text files: Windows uses a CR (Carraige return) and a LF (line feed), whereas Unix systems use only a LF. This mucks up some editors. This has been a problem before 😉

I already uploaded the fixed files, but I was just thinkin gI should convert the .txt in the zip file to DOS format – I’ll do that and upload a new one. 🙂 Edit: Done!

Sorry for the trouble!

cbx

cbx550f
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

p.s. typo in topic…. stagou(n)d and yes i know you whacky Canadians spell armored different from those of us South of your border… I hate when I typo in topics.

Apollo

Whups! Thanks for pointing that out! 😳 For some reason my fingers just DON’T want to type StaghouNd. :O I can’t count the number of times I have mistyped that in the las couple days.

And, I forgot to mention in my above reply:
    You guys ROCK! Love the quick and detailed feedback!
    Geez – I had to delete the “u” in “colour” to get that to work right!

Cheers!

Deathstryker
    Participant

Everything works fine now on the Windows side of things.

@CBX wrote:

Geez – I had to delete the “u” in “colour” to get that to work right!

And you’d think Gavin would have it set to “colour” since he’s over in the U.K.
    I guess he had it left at default.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Yes it does! (i’m going to delete some of my previous thread now).

BTW Deathstryker… You don’t like “naked GUI”? I’m sending soupie over to your house to break your knuckles all the way up to your elbows….
    heh heh… just kidding.

Glad to be of help cbx, I’m eager to get these files in my directory. Death probably is as well, but I’ll let him say so.

Apollo

BTW as I was editing xml tonight i saw that napalm…

description>A projectile weapon that explodes into a large river of flame. Any tanks near the flames near tanks will loose life.</ 😯
    We need a bomb that will tighten life up a little bit. 😛

I don’t want to be known as some kinda “Ho”.

(yet it is known that xml is very strict on syntax and spelling……………… > / < and all of that bok bokoayuck)

see bok bok explained here: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze72ib5/s3dezbe1/
    A.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.