This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Hyde911 8 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

linux. always keep a copy of your fav linux live dvd handy. can save your life.

i recommend knoppix http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

(or if youre feeling ambitious, a bootable linux usb stick or set up a permanent dual boot)

when all else fails, if you have the skillz, you can usually fix windows from linux. and if you dont, you can at least use it to backup your stuff and get internet access for fixes.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

linux. always keep a copy of your fav linux live dvd handy. can save your life.

i recommend knoppix http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

(or if youre feeling ambitious, a bootable linux usb stick or set up a permanent dual boot)

when all else fails, if you have the skillz, you can usually fix windows from linux. and if you dont, you can at least use it to backup your stuff and get internet access for fixes.

As excessively common as this is getting, I must agree with the above.
    Distro, thankfully I’d have to disagree with, but any old Linux with live capability, especially from a USB.

Good luck db and long may learn form this.

Deathbal
    Participant

The entire thing was my fault. I have become so confident with my protection that I took any and all risks. If I get something, I just wipe it out. This time, my pc got AIDS!!

Anyway, I did lose something I can’t seem to recover. My Bad Egg Avatar. 🙁 . I can’t seem to find it anywhere now.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

The entire thing was my fault. I have become so confident with my protection that I took any and all risks. If I get something, I just wipe it out. This time, my pc got AIDS!!

Anyway, I did lose something I can’t seem to recover. My Bad Egg Avatar. 🙁 . I can’t seem to find it anywhere now.

If you’re lucky it might be recoverable from the drive still.

Maybe someone can suggest some good data recovery software our Lord and Master can use in an attempt to recover his avatar (that’s free of course).

However, bare in mind the files it finds are a right mess to sort through and find something m8.

tumbleweed
    Participant

If you bring up your stats, you should be able to right click on the image and re-save it to your hard drive. Hope that helps.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

which avatar, dbal? you dont mean this one?

if not – if youve used it on the internet, someone somewhere will prob have it cached. is there a reward?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

@deathbal wrote:

which avatar, dbal? you dont mean this one?

if not – if youve used it on the internet, someone somewhere will prob have it cached. is there a reward?

That’s not a bad egg, it’s a ticking bomb surely?

Bad Egg

Deathbal
    Participant

Thanks guys, I am such an idiot………got it back. I also was able to get my ID back. That I did all on my own. 😳 You’re a good man, Tumbleweed.

Hyde911
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Thanks guys, I am such an idiot………g

It’s a gift DB, use it wisely.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.