This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

JiNx
    Participant

hello i was just looking into spread mirvs which i love now

and i think that it is stupid that they are an arms level 5 and a normal mirv is an arms level 6

can this be changed also because not many ppl use them
    and i would like mor money

but hey at least make them a 6 or 7 please

what does everyone think?

Spectrum
    Participant

I personally have not used them much, mostly ’cause they aren’t much good. The only apex weapon i use alot is the DH, the MIRVs i use occasionally & spreeds i use once in a blue moon; all this to say: I really don’t care what is done to the Spreed MIRVs!

Willis
    Participant

Agreed with Spec, I think the reason people don’t use spread-mirv’s is not because of their cost or cash return, but thier efficiency and apropiateness (when it would be good to use, VS other weapons)…

I don’t mind them in general, truth be told it’s been so long I forgot what thier cost is, bundle size, or cash return….

Brain Damage
    Participant

I do not use them beause of the “too much random” thing too, but i do agree with jinx, if armslevel is based on how much it is easy to kill a target (weapon’s power) then a S-mirv should be the same or more high ranked than a reg mirv, even just to make a bit sence…

Deathstryker
    Participant

As defined by the Scorched Earth manual.

This lets you disallow the use of
    certain items from the game. Using an
    Arms Level of 0 is often useful for
    beginners, so there aren’t so many
    options to deal with. Some people just
    don’t like using the large weapons at
    all.
    To see what items belong to what
    Arms Level, consult the Equipment List.
    The Arms Level also affects available
    accessories.

To be honest, when I choose between the Mirvs, I’ve always found Spread Mirvs more useful… HOWEVER, it’s a little more easier to aim a normal Mirv because you only have to worry about one random direction, which in that sense, would make them a little more lethal. But on the other hand, a spread Mirv has a better chance of killing multiple close enemies (which is usually why I choose it over the normal Mirv).

Considering that they both have their strengths and weaknesses, I think the Arms level should actually be the same for both of them.

JiNx
    Participant

agreed people dont use them because they are very difficult to control but i seem to have a knack for them

but the question willis please i no you dont use them but surely theres no way they are a higher arms level than a regular mirv

Willis
    Participant

*looked things up*

Not considering how the economy values ajust the price… thier virtually identical, with the exception that while S-MIRV is an arms level lower, and upon purchase one more is provided to you (bundle size).

but surely theres no way they are a higher arms level than a regular mirv

I think I know what your trying to say but, what you said there seems backwards. You still want them to be a higher arms level value, correct?

*for anyone else trying to follow along* – Remember that the arms level is inverse to the destructive abilities. Baby Missile is 10, Death head is 2.

Regular MIRV:

MIRV
    A projectile weapon that on reaching its highest point releases several small warheads. These warheads fan out in a straight line from the direction of the firer.

mirv.bmp
    shoot/large.wav

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

bomblet/bomblet.txt

down

explosions/large.wav
    exp04

Spread MIRV:

Spread MIRV

A projectile weapon that on reaching
    its highest point releases several
    small warheads. These warheads fan out
    in a random direction.

mirv.bmp

shoot/large.wav

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

clusterbomb.ase
    white.bmp

bomblet/bomblet.txt

down
    explosions/large.wav
    exp04

Deathstryker
    Participant

I dunno if Gavin calculates bundlesize when considering Arms level or not but it’s not suppose to in the original, I know that.

JiNx
    Participant

sry willis what i am trying to achieve is that spread became arms level 6 and hoping for them to be a level 7 but i wwould be happy for a 6

BOY
    Participant

IMO the arms levels scheme needs an overhaul. It does not seem to make much sense for many of the weapons.

cbx550f
    Participant

I agree, Jinx, they should be a higher value than regular MIRVs, or at the very least, the same.

JiNx
    Participant

txs

Deathstryker
    Participant

@The Scorched Fairy wrote:

Fixed: Spread MIRV is now the same armslevel as the standard MIRV

JiNx
    Participant

txs 😉

Hiroyuki
    Participant

Hmm… I might be one of the few who actually find the spread mirvs incredibly useful at times…. they are pretty good at wasting shields in close range…. and they don’t backfire in these situations as the funkies can do….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.