This topic contains 12 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years ago.

• Author

Princey
    Participant

Well, i’m not a forum regular but i mentioned a few months back how i starting a horror based mod named ‘spook’. I am trying to figure out how to create landscapes now all in good time. Im not xml savvy so if anyone fancies helping out in creating anything for this mod, feel free.

Made a few stepping stones closer now thanks to a bit of help from a few buddies on here but iv taken a few pics so you guys can see what to expect… Plus anymore ideas would be great… Keep em comin in

GUTS

CHAINSAW IN ACTION

BLOODBOILER

BLOODSTAINS

MORE BLOODSTAINS INC. BLOOD IN WATER(needs tweaking)

Berem
    Participant

Hmmm its look great good ideas, good weapons.

KTM Rider
    Participant

Yep, definitely looks good, Princey. I particularly like the bloodstains in the water.

I assume that the chainsaw is going to end up with chainsaw graphics instead of lightsabers?

Thrax
    Participant

@KTM Rider wrote:

Yep, definitely looks good, Princey. I particularly like the bloodstains in the water.

I assume that the chainsaw is going to end up with chainsaw graphics instead of lightsabers?

SHHH.. 😀 it’s red…. can’t really move a model around as easy as a laser..
    we’ll see what can be done later..

Princey
    Participant

Yeh absolutly ask him about that one ^^^ KTM. 🙂

The AI
    Participant

I might have an idea or two on how to get a real chain saw.
    The pics are looking great, give me a jab when you want to get down to the map side of things. Explosion rendering also.

MercuryCrest
    Participant

I’ve an interesting cross-type tombstone that I’m just finishing modeling. I don’t know if it would work for a weapon or just a funny grave-marker, but when I’m done with it I can upload a render if you’re interested….

KTM Rider
    Participant

Yeah, a graveyard map would be a must….. Any way to do fog? And trees….. Dead trees. Maybe owl sounds….. Yep, a creepy graveyard would make a superb map, or so I’ve convinced myself.

Maybe if you shoot a tombstone, a zombie (hand?) pops out.

Princey
    Participant

I’ve an interesting cross-type tombstone that I’m just finishing modeling. I don’t know if it would work for a weapon or just a funny grave-marker, but when I’m done with it I can upload a render if you’re interested….

Sounds good to me… like something to work upon. Sure i could pull something together :p…

Princey
    Participant

KTM: Yeah, a graveyard map would be a must….. Any way to do fog? And trees….. Dead trees. Maybe owl sounds….. Yep, a creepy graveyard would make a superb map, or so I’ve convinced myself.

Maybe if you shoot a tombstone, a zombie (hand?) pops out.

Well, spooky maps are a must really. All maps are played at night at the moment and sounds include an owl, ghosts, screams, Just need the themed maps i.e Graveyard to go with it.

Regarding the Zombie hands popping out of the tombstones… A fabulous idea in theory but wether its possible is beyond me. Im sure it can be modelled by someone but im not to sure as to wether solid objects can be rendered… Hmmm… Someoen with a little more experience, feel free to answer :p

The AI
    Participant

it is fully possible, once you get the correct model, then it is pretty easy, depending on whether or not you want it animated. or it could be a simple destroy, with zombies leaping out raptor style.
    Give me a jab, and we can figure it out.

Princey
    Participant

it is fully possible, once you get the correct model, then it is pretty easy, depending on whether or not you want it animated. or it could be a simple destroy, with zombies leaping out raptor style.
    Give me a jab, and we can figure it out.

Well, after 2days of playing on milkshape, i’ve come to the conclusion im poo at modelling. So, ideas so far that have come into place that will need modelling: “so far”

Tombstones
    Zombie hand (for the collision action on tombstones/graves)
    Weapon projectiles (knives, Skulls, Skull rollers)
    Boids (ghouls, ghosts)

As far as mapping goes, im eventually getting the general logic of it. AI if you can come up with some designs buddy, that’d be awesome. Ideas so far that have been requested:

Scream Mask
    Sword
    Cross

Theres a map i believe on Best of S3d i think, or Jdog and it is literally just black. The only thing you can se is the tanks which is an interesting idea but the one i am making at the moment is similar to that only you can see a tiny tuny bit with a moving mist addition which someone is working on but if it cannot be done then stationary mist will have to do.

AI, when you next on buddy. I dont know wether Thrax has told you but you have a chat app that i dont so if you could let me knw what it is, ill try and get it because i hear you dont use MSN or Yahoo..

The AI
    Participant

reply given via pm.

wow, it took you 2 days? it took me 30 minutes to figure out how bad I am at modeling. conversely, I do need to give it another try; but thats not the point.

For the sword and cross maps, a bit more detail, I know some things about stabby objects, and the generic “sword” doesn’t say much. Like wise with cross, do you realise the amount of variations?

I know the map you are referring to; void, want a similar one?

jdog
    Participant

@princey wrote:

Theres a map i believe on Best of S3d i think, or Jdog and it is literally just black. The only thing you can se is the tanks which is an interesting idea but the one i am making at the moment is similar to that only you can see a tiny tuny bit with a moving mist addition which someone is working on but if it cannot be done then stationary mist will have to do.

That would be my map. The void.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.