This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  parasti 7 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I don’t see the problem. It’s not like someone’s gone out and printed half a million dvd’s. There are always a couple of release .1’s .2’s and .3’s – that’s just the way it works? You’ll never get every bug ironed out when the testing is restricted to devs and helpfulls.

I feel a bit bad for not testing the beta enough too, but I expect there’d have been at least 43.1 and 43.2 anyway. S’just part of the process.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Arrrghh…. This isn’t about debating whether or not more testing was needed before release because I’m not trying to debate that and I’m not going to. I’m trying to justify why my post should not have been deleted. That’s the reason this whole thing started and I want it to stay in this direction.

Let’s all please stay on topic.

parasti
    Participant

R.I.P. Scorched3D community. I just don’t know what else to say.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

@parasti wrote:

R.I.P. Scorched3D community. I just don’t know what else to say.

I am here to save this community.

Have no fear, Levi is here!

Deathstryker
    Participant

Good luck with that.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Dont make me get my Friends 😀

KAnga

BOY
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Ok. So I made a mistake in that there was a test server. I’ve been gone a while and made the assumption it wasn’t there anymore.. After all, I don’t remember anyone discussing playing on it. But beside this one mistake, my main point of the post was to try and rally for everyone to play on a test server before we release next time and that purpose was totally lost when you deleted my post.

I am really bothered by the fact that your reasoning for deleting my post was purely opinionated and maybe even personal for some reason.

Personal, yes. You’ve jacked with my posts in the past… favor for favor.

deleting was also an attempt to avoid a conversation such as this arising in the News section. We have a hard enough time as it is trying to get new fans. your idea was a very poor one for a news discussion. You should bring up such ideas as “do more beta testing” in the developers section… (if you had been in that section you would have noticed that there was a lot of V43 beta discussion and testing)

Sometimes I begin to feel that parasti is right.

bender
    Participant

Hey stop making sense its hurting the way things are done around here.

Did you just remove the post i ment to comment on parasti?

naka
    Participant

So why Para post was removed? I saw it. There was nothing bad in it.
    I wanted to comment a bit of it. Only 1 line of the post was kept in my clipboard.
    @parasti wrote:

……healthiest open source games are the ones that do development in the open.

This is another sign that scorched goes bad and bad with small steps and not showing any sign of improvement. 🙁

bender
    Participant

It was his own choice, changed his mind.

parasti
    Participant

I didn’t change my mind about what I said, I just figured I’m not helping the cause.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.