This topic contains 24 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  parasti 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

Your “post was silly”, BOY so I deleted it.

Now we’re even. Don’t ever delete my posts again without reasonable cause.

bender
    Participant

Still one big happy family.

Nice to see you work so well together.

But seriously this game needs some leadership, i dont know who is the boss around here and i dont really care. Its sad to see the culture seems to be the people in charge dont trust each other and it reflects in the forums.

Get your act together, form a group of developers who can actually lead and build a community from there. If you have to fight over whos the boss and it prevents you from doing whats good for the game. Its really sad.

If you want to see a successfull game and maybe learn how its done go to Battle for Wesnoth. Maybe you should talk to them.

So,

Learn to organise.
    Get help from the people who want to help and motivate them instead of ignoring them and treating them like they say stupid things.

If youre smart do what i tell you to do.

** edited by gcamp **

Thrax
    Participant

Strange. Apparently someone believes we’ve got an issue with ownership of Scorched3D.

Some player i’d never seen before joined the server, announced his message
    and Exited again within one minutes time. I’m unsure of the meaning, maybe
    someone else knows?

Wed Apr 07 13:24:40 2010 – Finished generating landscape
    Wed Apr 07 13:24:40 2010 – Client connected dest=”4″ ip=”xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”
    Wed Apr 07 13:24:41 2010 – Add new stats user “13121”
    Wed Apr 07 13:24:41 2010 – Player connected dest=”4″ id=”9000002″ name=”Player 3″ unique=[….] SUI=[….]
    Wed Apr 07 13:24:41 2010 – Player connected [p:Player 3]
    Wed Apr 07 13:24:56 2010 – Player playing dest=”4″ id=”9000002″ “Heirloom”
    Wed Apr 07 13:24:56 2010 – Player playing [p:Heirloom]
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:29 2010 – [general][Heirloom] : “this game is stolen”
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:32 2010 – [general][Heirloom] : “and killed”
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:43 2010 – [general][Heirloom] : “i dont know What for”
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:54 2010 – [general][Heirloom] : “but i know its from high level”
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:59 2010 – TCP3 Destination 4 net stats:
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:59 2010 – 290 messages sent, 15987 bytes out
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:59 2010 – 213 messages recieved, 8147 bytes in
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:59 2010 – Client disconnected dest=”4″ ip=”xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx” reason=”User”
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:59 2010 – Player disconnected dest=”4″ id=”9000002″ name=”Heirloom” reason=”User”
    Wed Apr 07 13:25:59 2010 – [info] : “Player disconnected (p:Heirloom) (User)”

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Whats going on lately?

wierd people popping in…
    eh new players it seems

Kanga

bender
    Participant

Clearly who wrote that is either a nutcase or a conspirator.

You not trying to blame bender are you?

Bender is rude and mean not dumb.

Get your act together.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bender wrote:

Clearly who wrote that is either a nutcase or a conspirator.

You not trying to blame bender are you?

Bender is rude and mean not dumb.

Get your act together.

Thanks bazzz. We’ll keep it in mind.

bender
    Participant

bazzz is gone.

Bender is here.

Hope its not just sarcasm.

BOY
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

There was a good reason. Make reasonable posts.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@boy wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

I don’t see that reason listed in the Rules and Guidelines. Huh. It must be some sort of new policy designed confuse forum members. Apparently, we don’t get an opinion on this forum anymore.

I don’t understand why you didn’t just reply to my post and tell me what was wrong with it instead of just deleting it.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

In most of the online game forums that I am familiar with, it would be inappropriate for a moderator to delete a post without just cause. I have seen moderators lose their positions over such things.

Viking62
    Participant

Boy, I have known you for some time now(virtually) and I tend to agree with the above two people. You seem to be acting out of character…. In circles of our past together I have known you to be a fair/honorable person even throughout your steadfast stance on your opinions. If you ever need someone to chat with, pm me…. If we do not work together as a community-We will have no community here 😉

BOY
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@boy wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

I don’t see that reason listed in the Rules and Guidelines. Huh. It must be some sort of new policy designed confuse forum members. Apparently, we don’t get an opinion on this forum anymore.

I don’t understand why you didn’t just reply to my post and tell me what was wrong with it instead of just deleting it.

I was hoping it would be obvious by the replacement of your post with mine (assuming you read it) that the content of your post was nonsensical, and therefore deleted, but you went ahead and reposted it, even though most of those of us who have previewed V43 were aware of beta server testing for some time.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ok. So I made a mistake in that there was a test server. I’ve been gone a while and made the assumption it wasn’t there anymore.. After all, I don’t remember anyone discussing playing on it. But beside this one mistake, my main point of the post was to try and rally for everyone to play on a test server before we release next time and that purpose was totally lost when you deleted my post.

I am really bothered by the fact that your reasoning for deleting my post was purely opinionated and maybe even personal for some reason.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Ok. So I made a mistake in that there was a test server. I’ve been gone
    a while and made the assumption it wasn’t there anymore.. After all, I don’t
    remember anyone discussing playing on it. But beside this one mistake, my main
    point of the post was to try and rally for everyone to play on a test server
    before we release next time and that purpose was totally lost when you
    deleted my post.

I am really bothered by the fact that your reasoning for deleting my post was
    purely opinionated and maybe even personal for some reason.

it diddn’t get very far, but we did give it at least one good try..

V43 feedback / Field Testing

Not everyone is into the same game-modes, just the same as not everyone is a
    fan of Mods. We just have to allow players the choice to be happy where-ever
    they chose to play. I’ve already had 3 old fans declare that they don’t like the
    new version.. without really giving a specific reason, or listening to my
    reassurances that all modes arestill there if they wanted something simpler.

Whether they want to play a slow-missile Standard Turn type game that they
    remember, or if they want to play the speed-mode ( Havoc ) style.. That is
    thier choice. No-one should be forced to learn or like all the new features.
    Just the same as i don’t force everyone to learn or love mods.
    It’s already bad enough that the beginner server was shoved into Team-mode,
    and that the bots never leave.
    Set up a 3rd server for the speed-mode. Let them chose.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

Ok. So I made a mistake in that there was a test server. I’ve been gone
    a while and made the assumption it wasn’t there anymore.. After all, I don’t
    remember anyone discussing playing on it. But beside this one mistake, my main
    point of the post was to try and rally for everyone to play on a test server
    before we release next time and that purpose was totally lost when you
    deleted my post.

I am really bothered by the fact that your reasoning for deleting my post was
    purely opinionated and maybe even personal for some reason.

it diddn’t get very far, but we did give it at least one good try..

V43 feedback / Field Testing

Not everyone is into the same game-modes, just the same as not everyone is a
    fan of Mods. We just have to allow players the choice to be happy where-ever
    they chose to play. I’ve already had 3 old fans declare that they don’t like the
    new version.. without really giving a specific reason, or listening to my
    reassurances that all modes arestill there if they wanted something simpler.

Whether they want to play a slow-missile Standard Turn type game that they
    remember, or if they want to play the speed-mode ( Havoc ) style.. That is
    thier choice. No-one should be forced to learn or like all the new features.
    Just the same as i don’t force everyone to learn or love mods.
    It’s already bad enough that the beginner server was shoved into Team-mode,
    and that the bots never leave.
    Set up a 3rd server for the speed-mode. Let them chose.

You’re right. A good bit of the backlash wasn’t because of rushed development but because they simply didn’t like the new features and I really didn’t think of that until you mentioned it in this post. But there seemed to be some pretty obvious bugs in it as well. Bugs that didn’t require hours to find. At least I felt that way anyway.

I’ll tell you right now that I didn’t play it as much as I should have before release. I was too busy testing out the 2D view.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.