This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 13 years ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

If your in spectator mode and wait to follow forward and join the game, interest still takes effect and your cash will increase.

I joined the server and quick checkd the baseball game, (twins won 😉 ) then got into a discussion with ppl.. came back maybe a half hour later, was on round 4 (said 6 rounds left) . . had almost 60,000 $ . . so consider interest yet agian that I think was almost 80,000 …

This is something else I would like to have thought about, it would be nice to have a way to jump to a spectator mode… what if there was an option to be kicked or shipped to spectator . . when you are 3 turn failed. While in spectator mode your interest will not climb (as origional paragraph indicates).. If a person is lagging they would be kicked in either event, so kicking for being away from the computer seems irrelevent.

Also there are times I wish I could jump to a spectator mode manually and leave for a period of time, say I had a small task to do but knew I would be gone for 3plus turns? . . heck maybe that idea I mentioned in my prior paragraph would surfice but… if manually maybe this could be applied but at a price, this idea I do not like but I’m hopin someone will think of something better… maybe a person can jump to spectator at the cost of 1/4 their resources?

hobbesme
    Participant

I agree that we need the way to ‘Sit Out’ for one or more rounds, but still remain in the game & on the server :

1. Get refreshments
    2. Restroom break (i.e. NEED to pee)
    3. Family obligations
    4. Telephone
    5. Doorbell
    6. etc.

I agree that interest should NOT accumulate while you are sitting out; but I do NOT agree that any other negative effect be applied. You shouldn’t be penalized any more than necessary since a player sitting out will not gain interest, make kills, win rounds, etc.

Bobirov
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

I agree that we need the way to ‘Sit Out’ for one or more rounds, but still remain in the game & on the server

I think this would be a good idea too. The only thing I suggest is that there be a limit on the number of rounds the person is allowed to sit out. Say after 3 rounds or something they are booted. If you need to be gone for longer than that you shouldn’t be on the server taking up a space anyways… 😛

Just my opininon.

Willis
    Participant

Well agreed, penalizing a person does not seem right (I dont even know why I made that idea in the first place…), because as is your penalization would be being kicked, how much worse can it get :P.

Bobi your idea of a 3 round max makes some sense, but I cannot hole heartly agree. 3 Rounds can take a very long time, or no time at all. So unless your sitting out yet not leaving the computer, you have no concept of how long you have. Maybe instead have it be 20min? This is more structured.

hobbesme
    Participant

@willis wrote:

your idea of a 3 round max makes some sense, but … 3 Rounds can take a very long time, or no time at all … Maybe instead have it be 20min?

You took the words right out of my post — as soon as I read Bobirov’s 3-round limit, I thought the same thing.

Most of the time I need to sit out in any online game — Scorched3D or online poker — it’s because I either need to pee or take a dump. Since taking a dump takes a little longer, I don’t want to come back & see that I’ve been booted.

Then again, if you’re gone that long, you’re probably behind in the game & relogging onto the server isn’t that big of a deal, so maybe it’s not too unbearable to be booted after 3 rounds if you’re sitting out. I dunno.

Bobirov
    Participant

@willis wrote:

So unless your sitting out yet not leaving the computer, you have no concept of how long you have. Maybe instead have it be 20min? This is more structured.

*bonks self on head*

I should have thought of that but thats why I have you guys here to keep me straight… 😉

Ebonite
    Participant

umm, about that accumulating interest while spectating, how about cap players at one round of interest accumulation? my thinking is that without that one round, new players come in at a disadvantage to the players already playing. The best example of this is in the event of a server reset. Got 6 people playing, and suddenly, the server has a blonde moment. Everybody gets booted. No players in the game, so game resets, and everyone tries to log back on. On a clean server, as soon as two players choose tanks and names, the game starts, regardless of how many players are “spectating” (i.e. trying to pick names and tanks so as to reenter the game).

End of Round 1, and the lucky two who were in the game start Round 2 with a minimum of $33250 (getting less is possible if they cbx, but cbx’ing in Round 1 is extremely newb). Under current interest guidelines or with a one round cap on interest, the four other players who waited out Round 1 would also have $33250 to spend in Round 2. With a “No Interest” rule, they would only have the starting $25000, hardly fair when the server is to blame for them not currently playing, and thus not accumulating interest.

Now, to prevent abuse of “spectator interest”, cap the “spectator interest accumulation” at once per game OR only upon joning a server. This should prevent any “play a round, skip a round” behavior without penalizing fresh players or people who need to use their plumbing. I would recommend disabling “spectator interest” in rounds 8 and 9 to prevent players from “sitting out” to earn money for the final round, IF the “once per game” limit is used.

I do think a “pause” feature, like spectating is a good idea. Thursday nights, I have to water the lawn, which means leaving the computer, walking downstairs, going outside, moving the sprinkler (without getting wet), coming back in and up, and getting back on the computer. I almost have to cbx early in a round to have enough time to accomplish all this. So, yeah. This idea has my support, whatever good that does for it.

Ebonite
    Proud earner of $500k in ONE game

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah I spotted this bug too, it looks quite funny when the round ends and the money display floats up from the spot where the spectator would have been if they were playing.

I have fixed it for 38. Spectators only get money at the end of the round that they actualy join the game in now.

Nater
    Participant

🙁 I miss scorch!!! Stupid Belgium with its no computer for me… Never again will I be at the top of the stats, with 6 months to make up 🙂 (Of course after a couple weeks practice I’m sure I’ll still be able to smoke any of you.. 😉 )
    Ah well.. my apologies for the off topic post.. 😛

-Nater out

Ebonite
    Participant

Ahh, so THAT’s where you went off too. No worries, tho. When v38 comes out, the stats will be reset. 😈

Gooseberry
    Participant

@nater wrote:

🙁 I miss scorch!!! Stupid Belgium with its no computer for me… Never again will I be at the top of the stats, with 6 months to make up 🙂 (Of course after a couple weeks practice I’m sure I’ll still be able to smoke any of you.. 😉 )
    Ah well.. my apologies for the off topic post.. 😛

-Nater out

Ya I remember saying you were going somewhere. You’ll have to wait for stats to get reset to catch up with people. Get a computer soon so we can fight.

As for this spectator thing, I would like a way to go into spectator mode somehow instead of quiting the game. I think its probably bad to get money while just sitting as a spectator. Even though its funny to buy 4 death heads at once and kill everyone.

Anonymous
    Participant

Ya.. I’ll be getting one soon, but it’s just going to be an old 400MHz or something for while I’m here, so I don’t know if it’ll be scorch-worthy.. But I’ll be back in December..
    Hmm.. is there a forum for just general discussion like this? If not, there should be 🙂

Anyway, whatever.. the only reeeally important stat is the kill percentage – the others just show how much you play 🙂 (Although I see you Have surpassed me on the important one as well! 😯 )

Gooseberry
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

Ya.. I’ll be getting one soon, but it’s just going to be an old 400MHz or something for while I’m here, so I don’t know if it’ll be scorch-worthy.. But I’ll be back in December..
    Hmm.. is there a forum for just general discussion like this? If not, there should be 🙂

Anyway, whatever.. the only reeeally important stat is the kill percentage – the others just show how much you play 🙂 (Although I see you Have surpassed me on the important one as well! 😯 )

Yes mirvs are the secret. even at 15k

Anonymous
    Participant

I made your tank it took 1 week you better not have died
    or got kidnap’d =(

its on hold in my vault for safe keeping I am using it as a
    hostige until you return & return you betteR!

l8r burP!

Anonymous
    Participant

well why did’nt you say so ?

I have a SOYO FIREDRAGON Motherboard just collecting dust
    you want me to ship it to yA ??

you prob need a pentium chip for it though but its yours if
    you need it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.