They specificaly asked for developers :-
– Robert Hand (Bobirov) for pioneering the mod community
– Paul Vint (CBX) for continuing and ongoing development
– Joris Beugnies (Redzebra) for the initial cross-platform port
But I would also like to thank :-
– the web and server admins for doing such a good job 24/7.
– the other developers for coding when everyone else is playing.
As did Rob – I completely missed the email train on this. lol
I’m only really soory for that for one reason: The game deserves the POTM, and really only for one reason… you know it’s true, so don’t be so smug, Gav. 😉
Your work over the years is much appreciated, as you know, I’m sure. The game is cool, blah blah blah…
I really want to point out a couple things:
1. The way you listen to requests from the community, and all too frequently, implement it in a better way than requested! It doesn’t go unnoticed.
2. Listening to requests from modders, and, as above, all to often, implementing better than asked for.
3. All of the background research that goes into the game. While your education and your day job may give you the skills for it, I know damned well that it takes much more than that – you’ve done a TON of hard work….. call it play if you want…. but you’ve done it. Thanks.
4. The longevity and ongoing development. Wow. You may have to leave the “Lead Developer” role in your will! 😛
I wish I hadn’t missed the “interview” or I would have loved to point out how much “Some Guy” has done. 😉
I’m glad, and proud, just to be a little part of it.
Cheers to all involved – Gavin, Devolopers, Modders, and Community!