This topic contains 63 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

Now, assuming we always fire at 1000 power, and just vary our elevation… in windy conditions, we will have a footprint in the shape of an ellipse. Not surprisingly, this is with or without a table.

It would actually be a parabola, but an ellipse is close enough for our eyes. 😉

Landscape fog is clipped back down 10000% if the fog is greater than 90% ‘foggy’.

I think there’s a console command to turn off fog, isn’t there? (Can’t cheack in game at the moment – recompiling too much stuff atm)

– Added a /admin reload command to reload a different server configuration file.. REMOTELY.. without the GUI. (Hey, this one’s actually useful.)

Say, that’s a good idea!

– Added a reset_relative key to call subroutine makeshot().

Huh?

– Changed maximum money from 999,999 to 2,000,000. Tempted to change it to 4,200,000 if it’s stored as an unsigned long… VERY tempted.

It’s a static const int – which, if I recall correctly, will use as bany bytes as necessary for the value you assign. (I think? lol)
    I believe the only reason it’s been pegged at 999 999 is to save a space in the already crowded scoreboard. (Well, that and the fact that it’s quite rare in non-modded games for someone to reach it)

– Changed the server to prevent 707690183 from connecting.

No comments on this one. 😛

– Changed the server (yet again) to prevent bots from ranking at any place other than the last place possible in the MySQL database.

Care to share the code for this one? 😀
    I’ve been meaning to do something like that, but I’m just too lazy. 😉

cbx

SPYRER
    Participant

In my post concerning small missiles acting like homing missiles that was an example of a PAST cheat. The coding that enabled it has been altered three of four version ago.

Picci
    Participant

i would call it plagiurism (that’s not how u spell it…is it ?) anyways…

i think this guy siply copied the code, modified it, and then began playing his own game….

isn’t there a way that the server can check if the clients’ game is modified and then accept or kick the player ?

isn’t it better if the hack boy has to actually volountarily cheat the server into thinking his version is the original one and then get another “check sum” to detect him anyways and have an excuse to definitely ban him ?

if he proxys through servers to play, he’s pretty smart, but at the same time it makes him dumb, because every time he gets caught he has to change player ID anyways and start all over again…

stop wasting time….making cheats…

this is not “norton antivirus”, where they pay hackers to test their systems and to work for them to make patches…

if you are so smart wake up and use ur time wisely,. make programs for people…u get paid tons !!! (one guy said he would give me 300euros if i made him a very simple 6 page personal website….!!!! which i didn’t end up having time for and he got another guy to make it…, but the point is that these things exist and are out there waiting for programmers and developers….so work ur way in life and don’t waste time like i’m doing by writing this post !!!)

bye e1.

Picci

Oh, and if u still care about cheating and messing with scorched, can u give me a hand with the Chrismas mod i’m making 😉

bye bye.

Shotzo
    Participant

Picci: If the server checksums and compares it, then it would be relatively EASY to LIE about a checksum…

Or: Consider the development software. They have to test it SOMEHOW.

It’s not plagiarism if it’s open source. Not only that, I’m not claiming it as my own.

Who said anything about proxys?! It’s called dynamic IP

Picci: Do you even KNOW that I’m *STILL* in 10th grade?! I can’t drive (alone); I can’t work; I haven’t even graduated.

Cbx:

Is there a command to disable fog? I never saw one..

Here’s my really dirty code, which is the primary reason why I’m not releasing most of the code which is modified — I never took a formal education in programming, nor do I have an extensive knowledge of scorched (yet)…
    In common/StatsLoggerMySQL.cpp

void StatsLoggerMySQL::tankConnected(Tank *tank)
    {
    // Make sure it's not a bot
    if (tank->getDestinationId() == 0) return;

Kinda bad isn’t it?
    It basically just stops it from doing any checks on the playerId and stuff if it’s connected.

XMLFile command:
    Thanks. It works wonders..

Reset_relative:
    makeshot() under TankLib.cpp or something related; sets the ‘last shot’ values to the current ones without firing a shot.

Change of money:
    Static const int doesn’t change its length. Floating points do. Unless C++ is WHACKED OUT… lol.. Either way; it might change its length.. or it might go over its buffer size limit and make the data next to it get all mucked up… I don’t think you can do any calculations with a static const unsigned int, go negative, and go back to its boundaries, without something horrible happening to the code. (I tried this with a robot… yeesh. One direction it went forward both ways, the other direction one wheel changed its direction, but the other one stayed in place..)

Ooh. And it’s kind of fun in conjunction with admin givemoney to give players a ton of cash just to have fun. Not for score, points, or rank, just.. fun..

Server prevention change:
    😉

cbx550f
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

Picci: If the server checksums and compares it, then it would be relatively EASY to LIE about a checksum…

Yup.

Is there a command to disable fog? I never saw one..

I thought I remembered one… could be wrong. (And I still can’t even fire up the game – in the middle of recompiling everything on my system)

In common/StatsLoggerMySQL.cpp

Yeah, just saw that in another thread, actually. 😉
    I’ll take a look to find a way to keep the bots out of the stats entirely. (Is it worth making this configurable so that people can have the bots in the stats if they desire?)

Reset_relative:
    makeshot() under TankLib.cpp or something related; sets the ‘last shot’ values to the current ones without firing a shot.

Not sure what use that is… Oh wait, maybe I do: Make a change to the aim (ie: using “a” to aim at another tank), then “reset_relative” so that when you adjust for wind you see -10.5 or whatever in the aimer? (If that makes any sense lol)
    If that’s it, I would refer to that as a “mild advantage”. It’s just a tool to save a wee bit of brainpower ( which is == time ;)). I’d rather just calc the differences in my head than bother with all that. 😛

Static const int doesn’t change its length. Floating points do. Unless C++ is WHACKED OUT… lol.. Either way; it might change its length.. or it might go over its buffer size limit and make the data next to it get all mucked up…

Well, correct me if I’m wrong (I’ve never had a moment’s training in C++… I’m just an old C guy ;)), but a “static const int” should NEVER change, right?

Could someone who really knows shed some light on this? 😀

Cheers,

cbx

Shotzo
    Participant

eh.
    ROFL!
    INTS store up to two BILLION not two MILLION!
    Doh!

And yes, it is worth having the option configurable.. very.. worth it.

n’ ditto on the C++ training.. Or for that matter, C, ASM (!x86), VB6, C#, … you get the picture…

Picci
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

Picci: Do you even KNOW that I’m *STILL* in 10th grade?! I can’t drive (alone); I can’t work; I haven’t even graduated.

😉

i’m in 12th grade …so ?!

“i can’t drive alone as well”

“i haven’t graduated yet too”

“everyone can work… if they want to 😉 not sure what legal stuff is about this one though 😀 “

mooic
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

I dont think that anyone here needed telling that, we get the picture!

Shotzo
    Participant

It was directed at Picci…

Yawn..

And Picci: Read the GNU license…
    And plagiarism only becomes a problem if you claim that an entire thing was your own. For example: “Hey guys! I made scorched! See? I got the source code to prove it.”

BOY
    Participant

Thanks to all you guys, I’m slowly losing my grip on scorched3d reality.

jdog
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Thanks to all you guys, I’m slowly losing my grip on scorched3d reality.

Huh? You could always go back to modding?

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

OMG……………………..he’s just a phetus

Viking62
    Participant

BOY
    Desintigrated (Moderator Admin Developer)
    Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:28 am Post subject:

(Thanks to all you guys, I’m slowly losing my grip on scorched3d reality)

😳 I’m ashamed to say–I am not as smart as most of you…….But,..
    I hate to see my Scorched friends get badgered & minipulated by an outside source (Shotzo). I’ve read all the posts & have come to one conclusion; Listen up kiddo. Have you ever heard the term-A great mind is a terrible thing to waste? Shotzo…as you grow older you will learn it takes a collaboration of peoples to make a differance in this world. And this game is no differant. You pop in and flex your intellectual muscle with little or no regard to the people you are bantering with. Step back-put yourself in thier shoes and reavaluate your actions—-Be helpfull & not hatefull & demeaning. Nuff said……….Shotzo-hope to see you in the game 😉

Shotzo
    Participant

Already figured out the collaboration part —

Examples:
    Civil Rights movement.
    Uh.. Microsoft?
    N’ others.

And I like bantering. It’s fun to speak in a teasing/playful way… Now.. altercations on the other hand.. they not fun..

Now to kill this thread:
    Thrax, you don’t suppose we can just forgive and forget in.. 13.. days? I’d love to be able to play on your servers again without fear of insta-ban.

And to all:
    Sorry if I mislead anybody. 😳

Viking62
    Participant

😀 😉 Glad to see you have some Honor–Glad to meet the new you.
    Cya in the game 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.