This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

Currently, the price lists are default sorted by thier appearance in
    the accessories file, and alternatly sortable by alphabetic..

I don’t think anyone uses the alpha sort, so maybe we could get
    it changed to something more likely to be used.

Sort by item-price. Letting you list the cheapest items first and keep
    up on the value pricing that the free market offers.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Sounds like a good idea to me. I’m always looking around and then going oh these are cheap now. It would be cool to be able to see right away what is affordable and what isn’t.

apache64d
    Participant

I actualy DO use the alphabetic sorted…so only becaue u THINK ppl don’t use that then to get rid of it?? why not get rid the dirt charge? or the trcers?? common it is not serious.
    It is faster for me by using the alphbetic. EVERY one and his choices. PLS DO NOT REMOVE that option. It is good. why change it?

Rommel
    Participant

Hi All:

To apache64d: Thanks for pointing out early that you use the alphabetical sort and that you would prefer to keep it. I always thought of it like the gift feature in an FFA game. Er … sorry, bad example. I’ve seen that used quite often. I’m with you and support getting rid of the trucers, but I like having dirt available. 😉 Oh yeah, the rest of this post doesn’t concern you so please don’t read it.

Thanks,

Rommel

To The Supporters: Is he gone? Ok, good. I hope no one minds if I try to calm this down before the thread gets overheated and subsequently closed. 😛 Just kidding. @apache64d wrote:

I actualy DO use the alphabetic sorted…so only becaue u THINK ppl don’t use that then to get rid of it?? why not get rid the dirt charge? or the trcers?? common it is not serious.
    It is faster for me by using the alphbetic. EVERY one and his choices. PLS DO NOT REMOVE that option. It is good. why change it?

It might be better to avoid discussing the implementation details until this worthy idea has had a chance to be discussed a bit. Perhaps “adding” the option to sort by price is something we could consider without generating too much opposition in the first few posts. 😉

I like the idea for the reasons given thus far and other than taking something away, can see no negative side to this (the required coding is always a negative). Like Pastor, I often spend my time trying to find something I can afford. Unlike Pastor (and his equally formidable spouse) I often end up without any weapons. 😉

So dear friends, I propose that we abandon the idea of replacing the alphabetical sort (for the time being) and change the discussion to adding an additional sort type. If it should come down to only being able to have one or the other (very doutful) let us postpone that disscussion and the hostilities that are sure to result until our ranks are well formed and the discussion is deemed required.

Hopefully everyone will remain happier longer if we work on adding improvements. Nothing especially new there, any good war gamer should look for ways to utilize the opposition. 😉

Rommel

parasti
    Participant

That’s a good idea. I always enable the sort-by-name option, so I do not want to see it removed. But I think sort-by-price would be extremely useful, so I want to see it added.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Sounds good to me. I didnt actually realise there was a choice.
    Not entirely sure what the score is with this free market tho, not had time to play in its extreme form, but I think maybe an addidtional addition would be sort by price difference, maybe even the option to remove items you do not like, altho, I have not started to use the favorites, which im sure would help here (I.e tracers, dirt, hogs, nukes).

If you can see items listed from highest price difference (as decrease) to highest (as increase) could find some real bargins you otherwise might not see.

Jurily
    Participant

Alphabetical sort shouldn’t be removed, freedom of choice and all that.

What I would suggest is a “bargain mode”, highlight the items that are much cheaper than their base price. Maybe a new tab would be a good idea for this, instead of sorting. DH at 20k should definitely make in there, while frogs at 15k should definitely not.

Or maybe just display the base price near the actual one.

Deathbal
    Participant

I never saw any of those options 😳

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I never saw any of those options 😳

after 3-4+ years? you’ve got to be kidding. 😛

Mcb Lover
    Participant

LOL never saw it Thrax 😳

Rommel
    Participant

Hi PeanutsRevenge:

Haven’t started using the favorites yet ??? 😯 😕
    @peanutsrevenge wrote:

Sounds good to me. I didnt actually realise there was a choice.
    Not entirely sure what the score is with this free market tho, not had time to play in its extreme form, but I think maybe an addidtional addition would be sort by price difference, maybe even the option to remove items you do not like, altho, I have not started to use the favorites, which im sure would help here (I.e tracers, dirt, hogs, nukes).

If you can see items listed from highest price difference (as decrease) to highest (as increase) could find some real bargins you otherwise might not see.

Just be a bit more judicious than I’ve been. It doesn’t much good to keep adding all the time and never removing anything.

Rommel

Deathbal
    Participant

My God…..i never saw it……..But i’ve only been playing for just over a year. 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Well, I set my weapons to favorites and was using it for a couple of hours.

I will shortly find out if its session only, or saved until changed….

Thrax
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

When you tap the radio-buttons on each item for adding to favs, it’s
    recorded in a fav’s list on your pc; remembering them from game to
    game. Favorites are saved for each mod also.

If you also tap the top radio button on the fav’s tab(‘default-tab’), it
    slides to your fav’s list first each buy.

It may be possible for gavin to add more choices for sorting. keeping
    alpha or letting you use price.. I’d rather use price, but not remove alpha
    if others are needing it.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

When you tap the radio-buttons on each item for adding to favs, it’s
    recorded in a fav’s list on your pc; remembering them from game to
    game. Favorites are saved for each mod also.

If you also tap the top radio button on the fav’s tab(‘default-tab’), it
    slides to your fav’s list first each buy.

It may be possible for gavin to add more choices for sorting. keeping
    alpha or letting you use price.. I’d rather use price, but not remove alpha
    if others are needing it.

Yep, was a nice suprise (well, not that suprising, but.. nice all the same) when I just went and played.

Cheers guys

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.