This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Irishbandit 9 years ago.

• Author

Exiled One
    Participant

Hello all,

I just want to say that admins special power for spying on players should be used when there is some kind of cheating situation or abuse. I am trying to mention about admins reading private whispers. I think, they should only read it when there is some kind of situation going on. It feels as though, admins kill people who truce first and then kill the rest later. That is just reading peoples brains before the make their first move and they can see the future, one turn a head.

I just want the admins to have an option where they can close that special power and open it right away when they feel some kind of situation happening.

Everyone is open for comments. And please dont comment about my dirt use or complains. Just think about this present situation and respond. I dont want people to call me things or say things random out of the blue.

Thanks,

Yours,

Exiled One

Thrax
    Participant

@Exiled One wrote:

Hello all,

I just want to say that admins special power for spying on players should be
    used when there is some kind of cheating situation or abuse. I am trying to
    mention about admins reading private whispers. I think, they should only read it
    when there is some kind of situation going on. It feels as though, admins kill
    people who truce first and then kill the rest later. That is just reading peoples
    brains before the make their first move and they can see the future, one turn a
    head.

I just want the admins to have an option where they can close that special
    power and open it right away when they feel some kind of situation happening.

Everyone is open for comments. And please dont comment about my dirt use or
    complains. Just think about this present situation and respond. I dont want
    people to call me things or say things random out of the blue.
    Thanks,
    Yours,
    Exiled One

For a start, a player listed as an admin on the forum or in-game still needs to
    actively log-in as Admin on the game before becoming anything other than a
    regular player. They cannot constantly see all whispers or perform actions
    unless they do so.
    Currently, there is no silent log-on, so you will know instantly when one
    activates thier moderating abilities.

Secondly, a whispered convo isn’t solid enough evidence to convict anyone
    of cheating. They would most likely Flag the user for further study.
    There are other more solid methods we use to determine cheating in play.

Who a player targets, Admin or not, is purely up to thier own choices. Don’t
    try to group them merely because they can moderate if they wish. I would
    also target trucers first, merely because a team of 2 or more is more deadly
    than a player alone.

If an admin feels the need to activate thier powers, they usually have a very
    good reason, and it’s not to be abused. If you feel a perticular registered
    Admin is using it for an unfair advantage, that is a serious problem to be
    looked into.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Firstly, may I draw your attention here, which although is not about whisper trucing to start with (well, not specifically, was a much bigger issue) it continues on to bring up how disliked silent trucing is in general.

Secondly, do you not think that maybe they were simply targetting you? What about all the other times the admins have killed you? is it because you didnt truce?

I ‘believe’ I can often tell when people have silently truced and like to target them asap, partly because 2 people together are a serious threat, but mostly because I know that by the time my missile gets there, it’s more likely that my target/s will still be there and if I kill one, theres a chance that they’ll die in a very funky manner and take the other trucer with em (sweet irony if you ask me).

Also, as Thrax points out, it is displayed for all to see (other than Rommel) when the admins log in.

Although I am not a fan of many of the admins of the game, I am pretty sure that they are all fair players, who, in general are also very good at the game and do not need to lower themselves to such tactics in order to win!

Then again, maybe it’s your repeated whining that’s driving them to do all they can to wind you up, so as to give you something new to whine about!

BigBear
    Participant

First of all I think you are way off with this one. I seriously doubt that anyone in the admin crew joined to be able to cheat. If it ever did happen it is a disgrace and the consequenses should be dire. However, unless you have a confession from one of the admins that preferrably was witnessed by others I think you really should avoid making arbitrary accusations that you cannot back up.

Side note: Speaking of unfair advantages … the only reason you would make a secret truce is to gain just that over the other players. If you feel that you have to truce to win on a ffa server, at least have the decency to do so in public.

Acid22
    Participant

I was playing at the time when Exiled asked if the admins could ‘hear’ whispers.
    I said that we could but did not mention that it was only possible when logged in.
    It may be partly my fault as I have been logging in & out quite a bit to get used to the commands & controls etc, as other admins have given advice on what does what.
    I usually target the easiest shot as getting my ass kicked is a regular part of the game for me.
    If I had agreed to become an admin to cheat, then I’m not very good at it!…check my stats. 😀

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@acid22 wrote:

I was playing at the time when Exiled asked if the admins could ‘hear’ whispers.
    I said that we could but did not mention that it was only possible when logged in.
    It may be partly my fault as I have been logging in & out quite a bit to get used to the commands & controls etc, as other admins have given advice on what does what.
    I usually target the easiest shot as getting my ass kicked is a regular part of the game for me.
    If I had agreed to become an admin to cheat, then I’m not very good at it!…check my stats. 😀

You would be the first person I would point @ for doing such things Acid as you NEED to cheat to get kills.
    The reason I did not let people know about it for this instance is that your too slow at reading and multi-tasking to be able to read about the whisper, switch back to the game, change target, aim AND make the kill..

Then again, if you got someone to use a LUA module to extract the names of the whisper truces and feed it into your drug-bot to aim for you….. hmmm, BUSTED.

Acid22
    Participant

Love you too Peanut. 😆
    I’m going to follow the ‘one’ telephone line into your town & tell your Mom what you’ve said about me. [-X

Deathbal
    Participant

I’m not sure there is much more that aggrivates me than a whisper truce. I take that as an insult to the other players. If I think someone is doing that, I will log in. If I then see it, I will announce it to everyone. if they tell me that it is overstepping my bounds, then i’ll cease.

Anyway, I haven’t noticed any of that recently.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

I’m not sure there is much more that aggrivates me than a whisper truce.
    I take that as an insult to the other players. If I think someone is doing that, I
    will log in. If I then see it, I will announce it to everyone. if they tell me that
    it is overstepping my bounds, then i’ll cease.
    Anyway, I haven’t noticed any of that recently.

However, it’s just as inconsiderate for those using Skype to be doing the
    same thing. While we all know that many regular 2nd-server players comm
    via Skype during play, we can’t track whether they are just trading the
    usual Jibes, or actually strategizing behind the other players backs.

It’s something we can’t control, whether whispered, chat-apps, or even
    in the same house(not you POM.. you’re immune). The most we can do
    is play clean ourselves, and hope our influence rubs-off.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Exiled I would agree with you here that it would be an unfair advantage for an admin to use their ability to see the whisper in chosing their strategy.

On the other hand I would agree with everyone else that I seriously doubt any of our current admins would do this. At the most I could see one of them letting everyone else know that a whisper truce had been made like DB said but I can’t think of a single one who would use it to their own advantage.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Do silent truces count… 😆 😆

😉

Loke
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Do silent truces count… 😆 😆

😉

No;)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.