This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

Looking at the accessories.xml in the CVS Repository I saw these the new laser weapon and some new syntax.

You see , the word “action” has been added and in the shield syntax a new 1.0 tag has been added.

I would like to know how the number in the penetration tag when changed affects the amount of damage done to the shield and tank, when lower or raised?
    Is it a ratio where 1.0 = 100% damage and 0.9 = 90% damage from a weapon and how is the damage spread, first shield than tank? what is the damage ratio of damage done to shield/tank and how does 1.0 tag affect the damage done to a shield now? How does the armslevel afect the power of a shield?

I didn’t have time to look though all the accessories.xml file and I know I missed things. Yes I know the laser weapon is not ready yet.

Shield
    A small defensive shield that protects
    the tank from small amounts of damage.
    Shields must be activated before they
    work.

shield.bmp
    shield/activate.wav

small
    false
    shield/hit.wav 20 1.0

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Laser is pretty much finished. Still not sure if I will enable if for the main game though.

The penetration is the percentage of the shot damage that the shield gets affected by.
    e.g.
    1.0 = 100% means that if the weapon causes 50 damage 50 is removed from the shield power.
    0.5 = 50% means that if the weapon causes 50 damage 25 is removed from the shield power.

Ebonite
    Participant

Will it still be that the shield takes damage before the tank does, or does the “penetration” variable change that so damage is distributed between the two?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The shield always takes damage first except when the tank is falling, or from lasers. The penetration variable just says how much percentage of damage the shield lets through.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.