This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 13 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Ebonite
    Participant

Couple of things I’ve noticed about money in the game. The first is it appears that if two or more players are alive at the end of a round resulting in a “tie” (shot/turn limit has been reached and ONE OR FEWER PLAYERS ALIVE = FALSE), no players will recieve interest on their money at the end of the round. The scoreboard does not come up and there is no server message other than “Skipping round due to turn limit”. Is the “no interest awarded” intentional due to the round being skipped, implying that it does not count, or is it some sort of oversight becuase the scoreboard did not display?

I was wondering because a First Round was skipped due to the turn limit being reached, and I had markedly less money to start the second round than I was used to. Wasn’t a problem, since I only spend $24k in Round 2 and most of the other players were newbs, so they didn’t even notice. But, I was wondering if that is an intended consequence of rounds not “finishing”.

The other money item I noticed is that total accumulated money is capped at $500,000. I have now hit that limit two (2) times over the course of a 10 round game, and I am hoping that it could be raised to $600k for v38 since I believe that version will be tracking money as part of its stats. $600,000 seems to be a safe amount, as my highest total would have been roughly $540k plus change. By the way, I am curious to know if any of my fellow players have reached the cap as well?

Hi. My name is Ebonite, and I am a stat whore… 😈

Bobirov
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

The first is it appears that if two or more players are alive at the end of a round resulting in a “tie” (shot/turn limit has been reached and ONE OR FEWER PLAYERS ALIVE = FALSE), no players will recieve interest on their money at the end of the round.

I have noticed this as well. Personally I think that everyone should always receive interest at the end of the round, no matter what the outcome of the round was.

@ebonite² wrote:

The other money item I noticed is that total accumulated money is capped at $500,000. I have now hit that limit two (2) times over the course of a 10 round game, and I am hoping that it could be raised to $600k for v38

Why not $999,999 instead of just $600,000? Just a thought.. 😉

One other thing to note is that when “Money Awarded By Health Taken” (damage rewarding) is turned on, players do NOT get the reward when the shot is a kill shot. It seems odd to me that if you kill someone with a single explosion (missile, nuke, etc), that you receive the reward for the kill, but you don’t get any reward for the health you took to do so. But, if you kill the person with a weapon that uses multiple explosions to get the kill (funky bomb, rollers, etc), you will receive the kill reward AND the additional reward for any explosions that damaged the tank but didn’t kill it. This tends to give the multiple explosion weapons an unfair advantage with rewarding when damage rewards are turned on.

Personally I think that when damage rewards are turned on, players should either always receive the kill reward and the damage reward, even when the shot is a kill shot, or they should always receive only the damage reward. I would prefer they always receive both, but either way would be better than the current system where you sometimes get a damage reward, and sometimes you don’t. It would make it easier to determine exactly how much players will receive for a one shot kill with any given weapon when you always knew one way or the other if the damage reward is going to be given.

Ebonite
    Participant

well, it seems to me that the money awarded is pro-rated based on the total health of the tank at the time of death. the best example i have for this is the difference between baby rollers and standard rollers. Assuming perfect health, on a Direct Hit, both types of rollers will award a player with $6000 on the Scorched3D servers. With a non-direct hit (rollers actually roll into a tank), one regular roller will kill the tank for the full award of $6000, while two baby rollers (or more) are needed to kill the same tank. The first baby roller will do damage for 70 – 80 health points and award roughly $3800, while the second baby roller will kill the tank (roughly 20 – 30 HP left) and award about $1400, totaling $5200 or so.

I see that as fair, since it took “two hits” to kill the tank, and the two hit award is less then the direct hit award, though I would think that babies in general should award more then their standard counterparts. Another example is the baby missile, particularly in round one. A Direct Hit kill with a baby missile is worth $7500. Most one-hit kills with a baby missile, however, result from the baby missile damaging the tank and the tank falling into the resultant crater, the two damage sources combining to kill the tank and awarding roughly $5500 in the process.

Again, I support outright kills being worth more than multi-part kills, but I feel that the weapons should be rebalanced based on the arms level. The most glaring example is Napalm and its big brother, Hot Napalm. Napalm takes a lot of skill to use effectively, and it often takes multiple shots to kill a tank with it. Yet the hit point award for napalm comes to roughly $120 per second per stream and the kill is only worth $1100 or so because the tank only has 7 HP or so at the final burn.

Bobirov
    Participant

Ahh I see, the system doesn’t work like I thought it did. I don’t know how I never noticed it before but after reading your post it was obvious. I always had thought that the kill reward was flat, that you always received the kill reward times the armslevel of the weapon for a reward when you killed someone, regardless of the target’s health at the time. While this is true when damage rewards are turned off, it is not true with them on.

I was thinking multihit kills actually gave more than single hit kills based on the false assumption that kill rewards were always flat. Now that I actually see how it works, it all makes sense and I agree that this aspect of the reward system is fine. Yet another case of me not studying something enough I suppose. Thanks for clearing that up and setting me straight there. And yes, it is really bad that I haven’t managed to notice this until I had it pointed out to me. 😆

Having cleared that up, I too agree that the armslevel of 5 for napalm is a bit low. That puts it below baby sandhog’s 8 and even baby nuke’s 6. Since both of those weapons cost more per projectile than napalm, shouldn’t that mean that they are more powerful and should not reward more than napalm? It always seemed odd to me so I bumped napalm’s armslevel to 8 in Apoc. Although the baby sandhog has since gotten a bit less powerful, so I probably should knock it back down a bit. But I think officially bumping it up to at least 6 or possibly 7 would be reasonable. Of course this is just my thinking here, and you know me… 🙄

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.