This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

Helder
    Participant

I have a P3 600, with a GeForce (1, with the latest drivers).

The game runs fine, not exactly 60fps, but very acceptably, until I throw a deathshead. Seems the graphic complexity is too much and crashes the game. This also happens sometimes with Funky Bombs. I’ve also seen this happen with a GeForce2.

Anybody knows if something can be done, besides buying new hardware?

Anonymous
    Participant

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I will quote from the TODO list 🙂

Fixed: Landscape explosions are much faster

So if you download the program via CVS you should find that it is fixed. Although I do not know for sure why it crashed (I cannot reproduce it) it would be nice to get a core dump from one of those occasions.

Anonymous
    Participant

I find on larger games (custom game, 20+ slots) that sometimes the player placement errs and puts someone right in the edge of the wall, so that, 1) that player’s shots are never accurate due to immediate deflection (when walls bouncy), and 2) attempts to target that player fail on direct shots, and require a “near miss” with a larger blast radius warhead than the what the Baby Missile carries. Games in which the last two players only have Baby Missiles and one is stuck in the wall requires either a Resignation or a Mass Tank Kill.

I have seen this happen with a player slot as ealy as sixth position.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@[PDX]Ebonite² wrote:

I find on larger games (custom game, 20+ slots) that sometimes the player placement errs and puts someone right in the edge of the wall, so that, 1) that player’s shots are never accurate due to immediate deflection (when walls bouncy), and 2) attempts to target that player fail on direct shots, and require a “near miss” with a larger blast radius warhead than the what the Baby Missile carries. Games in which the last two players only have Baby Missiles and one is stuck in the wall requires either a Resignation or a Mass Tank Kill.

I have seen this happen with a player slot as ealy as sixth position.

Thanks for the details, I have just fixed this for you in for this the current development version. Should be out soon. Or get now via CVS 🙂

Anonymous
    Participant

Great! Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.