This topic contains 33 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  KillerSpuds 13 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Anonymous
    Participant

I have some ideas…

weapons:
    – remote controlled weapons
    – homing missiles
    – surprise crates that gives (free) bonus weapons (needs to be shot? collected?)
    – a water flush weapon that flushes all tanks in a special area around into the water?
    – trip mines? (when a tank moves and passes a line of two points or even a network, they will explode)

tanks:
    – ships and submarines on water
    – do different tanks have different energy/armor/etc.?
    – tanks could cost money (not mandantory)

decoration:
    – civil buildings? (that cost money when destroyed)
    – city buildings, cars, etc?
    – waterfalls, rivers, rocks, shore, grass, etc.
    – larger landscapes?
    – maybe ships on the water (decoration? bonus when hit?)

special happenings:
    – agents that manipulate opponent’s tank for one round
    – a “no action for one round” weapon

– bug fixe
    – whatever is set up, the maximum money the user can get (v. 35) is 500,000 … if you add 5 bucks, it’s still 500,000. why?

Well, but if you decide to include some of my ideas into future versions, please keep in mind to add them “optionally” (the user should be able to turn them off).

Skulling_Axe
    Participant

I could see the Ships on the water idea being very fun and interesting. Napalm, of course, wouldnt work on the ships along with other weapons. And would be harder to him. But movement areas are restricted. The only problem i would see with this is the fact that the map would have to have like rivers and stuff in it so the ships could move up and down channels and be in other locations other than the edge of the map.

This idea could move to some wild naval battles as well.

Knochi
    Participant

What do you think of small Robo-Spiders ?
    You can shoot them like a Bomb and when they hit the ground they crawl to the next Tank (even the own 😈 ) and explode or do other things like disabling movement or steal weapons.

Anonymous
    Participant

OK, this post has caused my mind to vomit forth a tide of ideas…

I have to agree on the idea of buildings and other city amenities… an urban setting for a s3d match could be very interesting indeed. I’m not sure how interactive the setting should be (though fighting among buildings would be cool enough in my opinion 😀 )

Giving the nature of the game, I think the city’d be pretty deserted – it’s a war after all – and for the same reason, being charged for destruction of civic buildings, though interesting, seems something of a lesser concern for those entities who’d be involved in lobbing chunks of explosives at eachother)

The trouble I can see with ships is they’d be a lot harder to hit… what with being surrounded by water, most projectiles would just sink and be ignored.. unless they exploded on the sea bed, threatening to tip the vessels over with the waves… 😈 Submarines, too, gives me another sort of idea:

Would it perchance be possible to make custom weapons in-game? You could have a selection of different components, like different fuses

rolling, contact, depth charge (for submarines n’ stuff), those that float around on the water and get pushed by the breeze, bouncers…

different warheads…

(basically the different types of warhead available now)

I guess that’d be quite a lot of work, though… but anyway, that was my tide of silly ideas. Thanks for reading! 🙂

Deathstryker
    Participant

The last I heard, gcamp was looking into the ships/more uses for the water idea. I think right now, priorities have kept him from it though.

Chomsky
    Participant

I was thinking of perhaps a new weapon which opened in midair revealing dozens of mushroom-shaped paratroopers.

The remainder of the game could center around jumping on top of said ‘troopas’, and fighting large lizards in order to rescue a princess.

Ebonite
    Participant

LMAO!

dracon23
    Participant

well, for the trooper weapon i cant help you 🙁 but what i can tell you is that there is a ton of ways to create new weapons. if you look down the list of topics there is one for “openscource weapons recapies” there are a whole lot of different weapons in here. all you have to do is edit your accessories.xml file and add the new weapons. or if you dont want to go to the trouble or you don’t got a clue as to how to go about editing said file, you can leave your email and i can send you the accessories.xml file that i currently use. there is lots of stuff in it. 8)

i will warn you though that you had better have a good graphics otherwise the game will slow down considderably. also the bots likes to use some of the big boom weapons so watch out! 😈

lastly, i feel that you need to know that once the next version (V37) comes out the current weapon definition coding will be worthless. 😥 you will need to make the weapons over from scratch. that will NOT be easy as the definitions for the next game are VERY specific and difficult to adjust to. i have started converting some of the custom weapons but it is very tedious.

have fun,

dracon23

Deathstryker
    Participant

I was thinking of perhaps a new weapon which opened in midair revealing dozens of mushroom-shaped paratroopers.

The remainder of the game could center around jumping on top of said ‘troopas’, and fighting large lizards in order to rescue a princess.

LOL! ….And then you and the Princess drive happily away in your M1A1 into the sunset.

Ebonite
    Participant

Ok, I was showing this game to my roommate, and he made a suggestion I’ve been thinking about for a while now. Would it be possible to keep track of previous fire-control settings in game for quick reference later in the round? Ideally, a record of the settings of every shot taken in each round that could be easily accessed when needed would be nice, though I’d be happy with just the previous three or maybe five shots. It would be really super cool if the feature could be implemented as a drop-down menu, with each shot listed in reverse order and selecting a setting would automatically set your tank to those settings, checking, of course, against current health to see available maximum power.

I would find it useful on the occasions where I damage an enemy sufficiently that they are no longer a threat (i.e. their health is so low they can’t reach me) and thus change targets to someone esle who is making a nuisance of themselves. Once target #2 is dealt with, I can then go back to target #1 if they’re still around (which happens rather frequently). It anoys me, sometimes, having to refigure angle and power, especially when turns per round are low. It would also come in handy in situations where, after dispatching targets #1 and #2, target #3 shares an aspect with target #1, like angle (yes, I am aware of the autoaim feature, and use it often, but when wind force is over 2, it’s tough to guess at a previous setting). Instead of trying to determine XYZ, you can guess at X and have Y input from the record, so all you need to determine is Z.

Ebonite
    Participant

Umm, so no comment on this proposal?

dracon23
    Participant

Hmmm…. Well I like the Idea. But lets not give our friendly programming staff too much to do.

I would like to see a save game option and more rounds like the old scorch game. in that game you could go up to a thousand rounds. I would like to see at least 50 rounds and a save game option for the single player-custom games. and a save game for all the single player games. It would be really nice.

dracon23

ps: I still use ScorchedEarth 1.5 on my XP system. and I like to play the high round games. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@[PDX]Ebonite² wrote:

Umm, so no comment on this proposal?

Yeah, I am just thinking about it. I’ll have a look and see how difficult it would be to implement. Luckily I just did popup menus 🙂

jspoon
    Participant

@dracon23 wrote:

Hmmm…. Well I like the Idea. But lets not give our friendly programming staff too much to do.

Nah, let them dump everything else on their list and take this first. Just kidding=)

It does seem like a really nice idea to me though. I was irked by this very problem and now that you’ve articulated a good solution it seems sort of obvious to me.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@jspoon wrote:

@dracon23 wrote:

Nah, let them dump everything else on their list and take this first. Just kidding=)

It does seem like a really nice idea to me though. I was irked by this very problem and now that you’ve articulated a good solution it seems sort of obvious to me.

Ok, it is done and in 37/CVS. Don’t say I am not nice to you :).
    I will have a look at saving now, but it will be harder.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.