This topic contains 54 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay I can confirm that the above problem is indeed related to rollers. If you fire off a roller in single player, you will get that error message and the game will stop responding. You can still move the camera about and look around but the game will not progress. It won’t allow you to perfom a “mass tank kill” to start the next round either. This problem DEFINATELY needs to be addressed as it is rendering single player unplayable at the moment. And it could be causing people to get kicked in multiplayer games as well, though I have not tested it.

Also, the problem about the seam that appears in the sky is still happening as well. Shockwave is seeing it too on his Radeon 9800 pro with the latest drivers as well. So this is more confirmation that it is an ATI related problem. And while this problem doesn’t affect gameplay or anything, it is a bit ugly and distracting. Just thought I would share the fact that this is appearing on another ATI rig as well.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Okay I can confirm that the above problem is indeed related to rollers. If you fire off a roller in single player, you will get that error message and the game will stop responding. You can still move the camera about and look around but the game will not progress. It won’t allow you to perfom a “mass tank kill” to start the next round either. This problem DEFINATELY needs to be addressed as it is rendering single player unplayable at the moment. And it could be causing people to get kicked in multiplayer games as well, though I have not tested it.

Also, the problem about the seam that appears in the sky is still happening as well. Shockwave is seeing it too on his Radeon 9800 pro with the latest drivers as well. So this is more confirmation that it is an ATI related problem. And while this problem doesn’t affect gameplay or anything, it is a bit ugly and distracting. Just thought I would share the fact that this is appearing on another ATI rig as well.

Np, ive not started testing yet. I’ll make sure these are the highest on my list.

Also if anyone else can think of any last minute problems or issues with version 38 now is the time to say.

poolee
    Participant

Hi Gavin

One issue I came across in the test v38 that was release was the preset cams – setting key 3 was ok, but using it referred to key 4’s preset.

Don’t know if you’ve fixed that one already. 🙂

Other stuff has been great from my limited experience… 😀

Cheers
    Poolee

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Hi Gavin

One issue I came across in the test v38 that was release was the preset cams – setting key 3 was ok, but using it referred to key 4’s preset.

Cheers, fixed now.

Also I’ve fixed the roller bug. It was actually a de-serialization error. That is why the client was kicked as the server was sending garbage.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

just thought I would wine about the fact that some sounds
    dont play when multiple explosions are going off.

not that big of a deal I guess.. but. it would be nice to hear
    the explosions rather then just seeing say a sandhog explode
    and not hearing it because player 2’s weapon exploded first.

also,.. in multiple explosions from one weapon “again” same problem
    I recentlty made a combo weapon that releases variouse types
    and you may get the chance to hear 2 but the others are muted out
    and you just see the explosion taking place.

wine,bitch,complain,sniffle,waaa waaa!!!

other then that I am still in love with all the new features.

oO 1 more thing I almost forgot to ask..
    didnt some1 make a new controll over stopping the spin
    in the projectiles in this latest cvs?

if so what is it because I see no examples anywhere
    and also .. I see the trees have shade but now my deer,cactus,boulders
    have no shade reflection from the sun

well this code worked:

data/accessories/cactus/cactus.txt
    data/accessories/cactus/cactusburnt.txt
    but now the shade resembles that of a tree ..and to a cactus thats small
    it does’nt look right. so is there a way to add some sort of mask or something?

maybe I am just suffering from newb sindrome **shrug**

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Ok, fixed the sky ATI thingy.

just thought I would wine about the fact that some sounds
    dont play when multiple explosions are going off.

Ok, ive added a sound channel option. More channels == more sounds. Not that I have really tested it yet but you seem keen 🙂

oO 1 more thing I almost forgot to ask..
    didnt some1 make a new controll over stopping the spin
    in the projectiles in this latest cvs?

Yes, spinspeed. spinspeed = 0 for no spin

but now the shade resembles that of a tree ..and to a cactus thats small
    it does’nt look right. so is there a way to add some sort of mask or something?

Not at the moment. If I get time I’ll see what I can do.

Also you said that both you and Bobirov were seeing crashes on the first drawn landscape. I think I have fixed this now. Please can you update and see how you both get on. If this is not fixed I would like to send a debug binary so you can get me a crash dump with it. Is that ok?

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Also you said that both you and Bobirov were seeing crashes on the first drawn landscape. I think I have fixed this now. Please can you update and see how you both get on. If this is not fixed I would like to send a debug binary so you can get me a crash dump with it. Is that ok?

I’ll check it out and see what I find.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

I’ll check it out and see what I find.

Much appreciated, thanks.

Anonymous
    Participant

Gavin your still my god thanks a buncH and yes surely will update and see if the crash still happens

but robert reports the ati bug is gone and no crashes of yet after multiple loadups. lookin good so far wooT!

.-*-,ShoCkwaVe.-*-.

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay, I’ve been trying for a while now and I can’t get the game to crash at startup anymore. Also, the seam that used to appear in the sky is now gone for me as well. I also fired off about 50 rollers in a row at various places and never timed out. So I am hoping that one is fixed as well. Now lets hope Shock gets the same results.. 😉

One thing about spinspeed though. If you set 0 the projectile does indeed stop spinning but it is always upside down.

I had thought about flipping the model over but I don’t think that is a “proper” solution. Would it be possible to make sure that projectile models start out with their tops facing upwards? So that way, if they are made to not spin, they will be facing properly throughout flight. I just think it should look right naturally without having to make the model itself upside-down to get it proper in game… 😉

Aside from that, everything I have seen is looking and working good. Thanks a bunch for smoothing out those few issues. Well done.

Anonymous
    Participant

Not sure if this is still a problem or not but in the v38 prerelease, if you disable the color in HUD settings it will also for some reason disable the color in the health bar.

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.