This topic contains 54 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

If you try to slap a bot, all the bots in the game get slapped. Probably because bots all share the same uniqueid I think. Don’t know if this is/needs to be fixed or not just thought I would share the finding.

I also just tried to press the “Show Mod Files” menu option out of curiosity and it totally froze the server and I had to kill it. Again, just another heads up.

My build is 3 or 4 days old now but I am going to try to do another build later.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Cheers, should be fixed now. Keep them comming 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

I haven’t been able to do a Windows MySQL compile yet. I have tried to build it a few times over several revisions in the past few weeks and I always get errors in StatsLogger.cpp and StatsLoggerMySQL.cpp and the build winds up failing. I don’t get any errors when doing a regular “Release” build though. Here is the Build Log from the last time I tried. It could be related to the fact that I have been using VS .NET 2003, I don’t really know anything about it other than how to click build pretty much.. 😛

I just want a mysql build so I can get some stats into a database so I can have something to work with when updating the stats pages for version 38. I can update em without having any stats but I’d just prefer to have some numbers to look at to be safe.. 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Try now 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

Alright, mysql compile worked now, though it did still give some warnings. Also the Show Mod Files seemed to work just fine as well.

However, I seemed to have stumbled across another nasty bug as well. My server crashes at the beginning of the round after a few rounds of play. I am running several bots of all AI levels. At first I thought it might be related to some changes I had made in tankais but I reverted back to the original and the error is still occuring. I’m not sure if it only happens with a mysql server or with any.

Here is what it looks like from the server:

Here is what it looks like from the client:

Its very nasty tho as the server just dies when it happens so its definately gonna need to be addressed ;). Hope this helps to squash this nasty lil bug.

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay well I had accidentally left bundlesize blank on one of my weapons and after fixing that I haven’t seen the crash occur again. That could have been the problem but if I see it again I’ll let ya know.

After playing on the server for a little while to collect some stats I am noticing that all the new stats seem to be broken at the moment. Here is a cutout of some of the stats from my server to show the problems.

Notice that timeplayed and moneyearned don’t seem to be tracking at all. Also note that roundsplayed is counting waaay more rounds than are actually being played. Take the entry for me for example. I have fired 63 shots and obtained 27 kills but I did it in 0 minutes and earned 0 money in doing so. Also note that somehow I only managed to fire 63 shots in 104 rounds without skipping a turn or resigning to my recollection, amazing.. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Okay well I had accidentally left bundlesize blank on one of my weapons and after fixing that I haven’t seen the crash occur again. That could have been the problem but if I see it again I’ll let ya know.

Cool let me know. I have changed the parsing code so it should not be possible to do that now.

Notice that timeplayed and moneyearned don’t seem to be tracking at all

These don’t update until the player disconnects. Have you disconnected yet? Although since AIs never disconnect perhaps that is a bug in its self.

Also note that somehow I only managed to fire 63 shots in 104 rounds without skipping a

Do you have any spectators or multiple clients connected at the same time. If so you will get a round for each player (as they will have the same stats Id).

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Notice that timeplayed and moneyearned don’t seem to be tracking at all

These don’t update until the player disconnects. Have you disconnected yet? Although since AIs never disconnect perhaps that is a bug in its self.

Yes I have disconnected a few times. I had figured that it logged it on disconnecting. I just checked the database again and it still shows 0 for timeplayed and moneyearned.

@gcamp wrote:

Do you have any spectators or multiple clients connected at the same time. If so you will get a round for each player (as they will have the same stats Id).

I have no multiple clients unless you count bots. But I did spectate for a while with the Bobirov uniqueid to see if that crash would occur so that probably explains the extra rounds. It seems like that is about right. I suppose there is no way to not start counting roundsplayed until the player leaves spectate mode? Not really a big deal I guess as people don’t spectate often.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yes I have disconnected a few times. I had figured that it logged it on disconnecting. I just checked the database again and it still shows 0 for timeplayed and moneyearned.

Try now.

I suppose there is no way to not start counting roundsplayed until the player leaves spectate mode?

Yes, done.

Bobirov
    Participant

Fired up a public 38 server briefly to check something and sure enough I noticed a small bug in the server browser. The OS and Mod columns display the wrong info.

Also, the new stats are still busted. Moneyearned IS counting now but the value is negative. I played exactly 7 rounds on the server and was counted as playing 114 rounds, so there is still something amiss there. I think timeplayed is working correctly, the value is in seconds right? I have 2889 for timeplayed which would be about 45 minutes if it is in seconds and that seems right to me but I don’t really know exactly how long it was.

One last bug about the new stats is that if the server is shut down while players are still on, none of the stats that are logged on disconnect get counted. I made sure to see if my bots stats got logged when I shut the server down and they did not. The only bot that did get counted was the one I booted off when I joined to play.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Fired up a public 38 server briefly to check something and sure enough I noticed a small bug in the server browser. The OS and Mod columns display the wrong info.

Ok fixed.

Moneyearned IS counting now but the value is negative.

This is also fixed. Although what I have done is total up all the money in and money out, which for most people ballances at 0 :). As they spend all they get.

Because of this I think this is pretty useless. Perhaps we only want a messure of how much kill related money and interest some one gets, as this factors in the weapon size it could be a more usefull kill metric than total kills!

I played exactly 7 rounds on the server and was counted as playing 114 rounds, so there is still something amiss there.

Is that 114 or 14?
    I found a bug where it counts buying rounds which is now fixed. Other than that it now looks right to me.
    Or is that a value for the bots? As multiple bots of the same skill will be counted under one stats name.

I think timeplayed is working correctly, the value is in seconds right? I have 2889 for timeplayed which would be about 45 minutes if it is in seconds and that seems right to me but I don’t really know exactly how long it was.

Yes seconds.

One last bug about the new stats is that if the server is shut down while players are still on, none of the stats that are logged on disconnect get counted. I made sure to see if my bots stats got logged when I shut the server down and they did not. The only bot that did get counted was the one I booted off when I joined to play.

Fixed. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to update the stats every x seconds as well.

Bobirov
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Moneyearned IS counting now but the value is negative.

This is also fixed. Although what I have done is total up all the money in and money out, which for most people ballances at 0 :). As they spend all they get.

Because of this I think this is pretty useless. Perhaps we only want a messure of how much kill related money and interest some one gets, as this factors in the weapon size it could be a more usefull kill metric than total kills!

Yes, this is what I was thinking the value was for, just the total amount of money they have earned from kills/interest. I don’t think the value should factor in what they spend because, as you pointed out, people generally spend all of what they earn.

@bobirov wrote:

I played exactly 7 rounds on the server and was counted as playing 114 rounds, so there is still something amiss there.

Is that 114 or 14?
    I found a bug where it counts buying rounds which is now fixed. Other than that it now looks right to me.
    Or is that a value for the bots? As multiple bots of the same skill will be counted under one stats name.

It was 114 rounds. I did have 2 of each skill level of bot but that shouldn’t affect MY stats should it?

@bobirov wrote:

Fixed. Perhaps it would also be a good idea to update the stats every x seconds as well.

That is a good idea, I was thinking the same thing when I noticed it. Even if its every 30 minutes or something.

I’ll do another build this morning and test out the new stat fixes and see what I find.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, i’ve commited some more stats related changes :-

Each bot will have their own unique stats.
    Time and money seem to work now and both are updated at the end of each round.
    Money is only money won + interest.
    Stats added to the clients score dialog.

Let me know if you still see round count errors!

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Let me know if you still see round count errors!

Ya my build from around 5:30 AM CST (11:30 AM GMT?) was still counting more rounds than were being played. I played exactly 1 round and was counted as playing 10.

The exact scenario was that I entered the server, named mysel (left spectator mode) and watched the remainder of that round. I then bought stuff the next round, played through the entire round, closed the buy window when it popped up the next round and exitted the game. For that sequence I was creditted with 10 rounds. I also logged back on to the server later (different game) and exitted again and noticed I had 9 more rounds.

Another thing I noticed when I logged back on to the server later and left the server without playing, I was creditted as earning my starting money. I don’t think you should be creditted for earning your starting money in this situation.

Of course this is all old news though as you have made some more changes. So I’ll have to try them out and see what happens.

Bobirov
    Participant

Note, I think I just realized that roundsplayed is actually turns or moves played and I was mistakenly thinking of it as games or matches or whatever. Sorry about the error heh, yet another one of my surely famous by now blunders. I just always thought of a round as a complete set of turns or moves until there is a winner or draw. The server displays it this way too so I was confused.. (Round 5/10, 5/15 Moves) 😛

And now that I look at the count it looks a LOT better heh, however, I did realize why I got the 9 extra rounds in my previous post. You get counted for a round even when you are dead. Should this be happening? I would think that it should be turns that you were actively in the game, not waiting to play. I checked to see if you get counted for being a spectator too but you don’t, so thats cool. Of course, if it was counted in this way it would wind up being pretty close to the shot count, except it would also include skipped/resigned turns. So I don’t know if you want to do it like that or not. I leave it for you to decide as always.

Again, this might all be obselete info here as I am still using the same build from early this morning. I checked CVS and didn’t see anything really so I am not sure if this is the most recent build or you haven’t updated it yet or what.

One last thing though, if roundsplayed is indeed representative of the number of turns/moves that the player has played could we then get another similar count for games or matches played or whatever. This count would hold the number of games that the person has played in. And by games I mean a life pretty much, every time the person has had his tank spawned on a map. If the person exits in the middle of the game, he still gets counted because he spawned. Also, the player shouldn’t get counted for a game if they are a spectator or just after the player logs on but hasn’t spawned yet. Personally, this is the count I was looking for from the beginning, so I could see how many kills a person generally gets per “life”, kinda like kills/death but more relevant and indicative of skill.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.