This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

kowal
    Participant

hi,

i just installed opensuse 10.3 in my laptop yesterday, all went find except when i tried to play s3d the systems lock (hang), i have to press the power button just to restart it.

any ideas?

attached are the lspci, hwinfo, glxinfo, etc.

thanks.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Only looked though client log but its @ initizialising comms that it hangs, where its JUST about to display the main window.

Suggests to me its a driver glitch for gfx card.

I had planned to install opensuse 10.3 today, not sure if this has pushed me to try it (to help) or scared me off!

kowal
    Participant

yes, it hang just after the Patch Grid progress bar full. the sound still playing thought, but i can’t click or type anything and the s3d screen stays at the Patch Grid thing.

i think it’s hardware related, not suse 10.3 related. this error only happens on my laptop with suse 10.3, but not in my desktop 10.3.

cbx550f
    Participant

If you haven’t already, uncheck all of the stuff in compatibility settings.
    I had a laptop with an Intel vid chip and to run in Linux there were a few of those I had to uncheck. (And don’t expect great performance… :S)

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

What gfx chipset is it using?

And can you restart X or is it a case of cold boot?

kowal
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I had a laptop with an Intel vid chip and to run in Linux there were a few of those I had to uncheck. (And don’t expect great performance… :S)

i already unchecked all the stuffs in the compability settings, see my attached image? 😕 😕 😕 😕

What gfx chipset is it using?

And can you restart X or is it a case of cold boot?

as you can see in the hwinfo file i attached it’s intel 945GM.

i have to do a cold boot. can’t even’t restart x because the keyboard not responding. and the mouse, while i can still move the cursor around, i can’t click anything. but the weird part is the desktop it self seems to be running just fine (indicated by the clock applet that still updating). it just not responding to the keyboard and the mouse click.

parasti
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Un-check or check?

kowal
    Participant

i have to check the No Cube Map in the Compability Settings.

Attached the screenshot.

cbx550f
    Participant

Oops, I meant check. lol

So long as it worked. 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.