This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  FREAK 10 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

InductiveOne
    Participant

I was thinking about the way napalm works. I believe that napalm and roller type weapons can be used in some fairly unconventional ways already. But last night I was thinking it would be neat to have another weapon that is somewhere in between. It could acualy just be an extension of the normal roller weapon. What I was thinking of would be ‘sliders’ that act as rollers, move with the contours of the land, but instead of bouncing and rolling around it would just stick at its start point (weapon impact) and slide.

Let me try to explain better.

Say you shoot a projectil, it lands on a hill with some craters and stuff from other shots or whatever. If it is a roller type weapons a set amount of rollers are ploped out at the point (with some sort of offset I believe, or wouldn’t they all roll in the exact same direction?). They then flings off cliffs and speed up going down hills and bounce and all the other things that make us love them. Slide would move and spread more like napalm, no bouncing and if it gets to a dropoff it just continues at the bottom. Another important feature is that either the slide model would not rotate like a roller. It would be able to either be fixed rotation or it could always ‘sit’ flat on the ground depending on the angle of the current landcape, so it was always pointing away from the ground, like hair.

It realy would just be napalm with models instead of textures, or rollers with no bounce or model rotation. Either seem like they would take less cpu usage, or whatever it would be called in this context, for the more demanding uses. Also, I think napalm would look very cool with some low poly, semi-transparent models instead of, or with the normal textures. It could look more like lava where it is raised and with a few models going through each other possibly more liquid/organic looking. If anyone has any thoughts on this let me know, as usual I could explain this much better if I thought about it more. Also, I didn’t do the most in depth search of the forums before posting this so if I ripped off someone’s idea I apologize.

FREAK
    Participant

I like that idea indy!

Was thinking bout sumthin like that too a while back…

jdog
    Participant

@~FREAK~ wrote:

It came up before when Chirstmas mod was coming out and picci was looking for a way to have a sliding weapon.

I would like to have a weapon that slides too. Kill Tux!

Thrax
    Participant

Ah.. heh.. Funny story then.

currently in the next release, rollers are indeed being updated.

at the moment, they’re not finished; they do not roll… they slide.

it may be turned into an optional feature.

Picci
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

@~FREAK~ wrote:

It came up before when Chirstmas mod was coming out and picci was looking for a way to have a sliding weapon.

I would like to have a weapon that slides too. Kill Tux!

yeah, i had rollers be selds, which rolled 🙁 instead of sliding, lol

FREAK
    Participant

That must have been some low quality sleds.

You can’t trust Toys R Us for that kinda stuff you know.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.