This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Raden 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

pianoplayer88key
    Participant

I remember when the SK penalty was -50….

I actually would like to see a “wasting big weapons” or something penalty when someone gets a direct hit on a shieldless tank with anything bigger than a baby missle or missle. For example, get a direct hit with a funky or full-sized nuke (two of the biggest weapons I know of that doesn’t spread in flight), or heavy roller (direct enough so the roller balls don’t show), and while you get the game points and money for the kill, your skill gets docked to the tune of at least -25 (same as a current SK).
    Also, what about the idea of increasing the bonus/penalty for a low-skilled player killing a high-skilled player with a small weapon? (For example, someone ranked 2500 or whatever kills someone ranked 5 with a baby missle, and it’s maybe 30,-20 or something like that.)
    Another idea I have would be to implement a penalty for falling to your death, with the amount of skill penalty directly relating to how much damage you take in the fall. For example, it’s -1x falldamage skill when killed by a digger/riot bomb (any size) when you buy, but forget to activate chutes (having them activated then turning them off later, or running out, wouldn’t incur nearly so much penalty – maybe only -10 at the most (this is so I can move next to a tank, turn my chutes off, then they kill me and i die baby nuke or funky SKing them in the process)), -0.5x when you don’t buy chutes and are killed by the same weapons, and maybe -0.25x in all other fall damage cases (including funky or death head taking hill out from under you, regardless of whether you bought chutes or not (and if bought forgot to activate).

P.S. Darn. ppl seem to be figuring out my tactics… they refuse to shoot missiles when buried (either use riot bombs or don’t shoot at all), or won’t target me when i move close to them, or run away. 🙁

Raden
    Participant

@pianoplayer88key wrote:

Also, what about the idea of increasing the bonus/penalty for a low-skilled player killing a high-skilled player with a small weapon? (For example, someone ranked 2500 or whatever kills someone ranked 5 with a baby missle, and it’s maybe 30,-20 or something like that.)

would be pretty unfair –> if the ‘low ranked’ player was actually a highly skilled player who plays with a new ID or lost his old ID. Can be subjected to abuse.

@pianoplayer88key wrote:

P.S. Darn. ppl seem to be figuring out my tactics… they refuse to shoot missiles when buried (either use riot bombs or don’t shoot at all), or won’t target me when i move close to them, or run away.

I really hope you’re joking here…..

@boy wrote:

Resigns should at least cost money, at least for purposes of main server games they should. C’mon people. We’re professionals.

I agree with Boy, there should be a slight form of penalty for resigning, be it money wise or point wise, I know it is a tactical decision to resign, but the chess game analogy explains it best.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.