This topic contains 28 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Ebonite 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

This has come up in a few games. To be realistic;you quit on a real battlefield-You die! This feature seems as more of a joke than a feature.
    If you can’t take the heat………………..Hit the Esc. button. 😉
    I have used the resign feature myself………..I just used it to deprive someone of a kill. I rethunk the whole thing and it just seems like the reality is missing. Hope this poll works (my first) to raise others points of views on the resigning feature.

➡ 21 day poll

a banana
    Participant

Wasn’t this discussed extensively just a short while ago? I know that poll wasn’t quite the same question, but the inference is surely the same? I.e. Do you agree with resigns or not.

Viking62
    Participant

I apologize for the repeat—-I must be getting senile 😆 😆

FYI-It was brought up again in a game;so I posted. Shame on me.
    The vets here wont get rid of this function………They actually need it.
    😯

Willis
    Participant

The feature to resign is a split decision feature.

A riot occurs with it existing.

A riot occurs if it is removed.

Best to leave things how they are. And back away from the topic SLOWLY.

cbx550f
    Participant

@a banana wrote:

Wasn’t this discussed extensively just a short while ago? I know that poll wasn’t quite the same question, but the inference is surely the same? I.e. Do you agree with resigns or not.

It has also been discussed here, here, here, and here.
    Oh, and let’s not forget this one, and this one.

Ebonite
    Participant

Oh great. This again.

Standing by…

jdog
    Participant

The people who keep being this topic up should be penalized.

BigBear
    Participant

This is one of those never ending stalemate MOER DRAMA! topics with fierce argumentation on both sides.

Now I have never been a big fan of resigning but the way I see it it seems to be here to stay. The situation is similar to that of dirt, ie a lot of controversy but nothing will happen exept generating a lot on grief on the forums. The only thing you can do is to go by the mob rule system that is sometimes applied for dirting if you want a change on the servers.

Peace!

Deathbal
    Participant

I really don’t understand why resigning became so unliked. You would think it only logical to resign if you can’t reach anyone. When I first joined about 5 months ago I resigned once. I saw how it wasn’t taken well.

Why should anyone be able to cripple you, then turn their gun elsewhere, kill someone else, then expect you to still be there? It doesn’t make sense, but it seems to be the accepted way. So that’s how I play it.

hobbesme
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

This feature seems as more of a joke than a feature.
    If you can’t take the heat………………..Hit the Esc. button. 😉

Don’t make me come out of vacation to resign on your ass.

@willis wrote:

Best to leave things how they are. And back away from the topic SLOWLY.

Amen brother. Aay-men. 🙂

InductiveOne
    Participant

A few things, since for some reason I keep reading this thread in all its incarnations.

First, what is everyone talking about exactly? Remove resigning all together? Remove it for human players? Remove it for main server (no mod)? I think if there should be any change it should be to weaponize the resign command. As in, each mod could treat it diffrently, some could have it be free, others could make it penalty based, and some might even require you to buy a resign type item. It would also be neat to use it to make so called ‘suicide’ bombs a little more aggresive. As in, you would explode but it would count as a resign, not as a self kill.

Now, I’m sure alot of people will hate that idea, but you have to keep in mind its the people making the mod’s that are going to benifit from it. Either way. I have thought a few times it might be usefull in general to have a way to remove a tank/player from a round without it acting as a self kill. If you cant think of anything to use that for your not trying very hard.

Another thing, one aspect of resigning that I realy like is that bots use it. I get bummed when a hurt bot leaves before I hit it, but I love when a bot resigns so I dont have to sit there and wait for 13 rounds of bots hitting the ground.

Its been established that when you resign, it waits till all the shots that might hit you finish. So you never lob a DH right at someone and have them disapear wasting your money. If you dont notice they resigned and you shoot one where they just were, well, thats your bad. If there was one thing I would change, it would be making the skip all moves button easier to find. Like, if your life is below say 15% maybe a big red icon would pop up next to the rest of the icons in the top left (it would be an option I hope hehe) just to let new players know ‘hey, dont shoot that nuke, click me to skip this turn’.

Thats all, I still dont understand the big deal.

BOY
    Participant

At this point, the topic still belongs in general discussion.

== MOVED ==

Irishbandit
    Participant

backing away………..turn and RUN FOR THE HILLS. 😆

HWB
    Participant

We try major rule changes. Why can’t have a game option for no intrest if they resign
    No grid and have to pay to resign.

Ebonite
    Participant

cool. suiciding will still be free

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.