This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Reactorfighter 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

We all know what’s been going on lately. “1” has been accused of cheating on the polls with considerable proof against him. But the controversy doesn’t stop there. In the past, he’s been rude to players and even accused of cheating. It’s also possible that “1” and “Mokelok” are the same. Now it’s not my place to say that ALL of it is true, however, should a person who puts himself in that position really be allowed to be a part of the Scorched community?

M. O.
    Participant

a simple yes

Panther30
    Participant

Panther has voted that 1 be banned and banned for good. The nonsense has gone on for too long and it is shredding the scorched community apart.

Wowbagger
    Participant

If he is Mokelok and I believed all along that he was……Then my vote is Yes.

Maybe if it wern’t for his Extreme Arrogance and Cockiness, I would have a different opinion.

But in the long run it will start to bring the joy and fun back to the game we all love.

Farfignuken
    Participant

I don’t think banning will stop this individual. However it will slow him down in his attempts to corrupt this game.

If just for his language to me…ban him…..nuff said!

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Yep, the only reason I didn’t want to become an Admin, is because I would have taken the matter into my own hands and have banned him a long time ago.

Which of course would have led Him to accuse me of protecting my rank. It’s not rank that is important. The fun is the most important factor of the game, that is why I endorsed the clear stats (re-set) poll.

😉 I wonder who tipped Gavin off to the fact that the poll on stats was lopsided when it first came out by a 10 – 2 margin … 😉

😉 Now that the poll has been revised to eliminate “Vote Stacking”, It is clear that (1) would use every “unethical” method needed to build up a false foundation of (SO CALLED GREATNESS). 😉

“He will forever be a legend in his own mind”.

I wonder if it’s in the water that they drink in the Ukrane…

Or perhaps they went to the same “Charm School”. (1) + Moke.

Who knows… maybe they are long lost Brothers… I’ll let you find your own punchline to that statement.

Apollo

Willis
    Participant

If you’ve seen the caught topic you know my opinion.

Vote I must.
    Vote No I will Not.
    So Vote YES I only can.
    😉

Ebonite
    Participant

Wow! 8 yes votes and 0 no votes. someone must be vote-stacking. 😛

But in all seriousness, if he was willing and able to cheat in the forums, how far would he have gone/did go in game? I, for one, suspected he had an aimbot or some other shot enhancer, because some of those were just “too good”. I would also like to state that I am glad it was Gavin who found the evidence, even if it was at the tip of a “friend”. Any accusation bought by a player would be suspicious, but Gavin, if not completely impartial, then at least more impartial than most, would be a fairer judge whom most players trust by virtue of his being both developer and site admin.

jdog
    Participant

I think banning him at least for 2 stat resets will probably get rid of him or at least give everyone time to forget some of the stupid things he was causing.

comedown
    Participant

i’m the only person who voted No, yikes.

i agree he should be disciplined in some way, but should be given at least some opportunity to change. permanently excluding anyone from any community just isn’t my thing.

i’ve owned several online communites in my internet lifetime, and i’ve found that if you ban someone it just makes them more resentful and intent on seeking revenge in some form or another, at times it even gives them some enjoyment in a hateful kinda way.

contacting his ISP and having his internet access removed, would cause a problem to him in his real life, and perhaps send the message across that he needs to be better behaved when he finds a new provider and joins us again.

may seem a little extreme, i don’t know, but it’s something temporary, which is still guaranteed to make him think about his actions before his return.

i’m not against him in any way, probably the closest thing to an advocate he’s likely to get, but cheating, meh, he does need a reality check.

A Moogle
    Participant

I really have to vote on this one… 😯

I say yes.
    He is a tremendous PITA to almost everyone on here 👿

EDIT: Gavin SHOULD contact his ISP… IMO

Doggystyler
    Participant

Good post comedown.

I hate communities having judges, advocates and courts. 😡

My opinion:
    If someone cheats then let it be his problem. I don’t care. Everyone can have multiple accounts. You can never control this.
    I play for fun and not for the stats.

If someone’s rude to other players then mute him for a month. I think this feature is available in the server settings. A penalty that hurts even more than banning.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

i’m the only person who voted No, yikes.

i agree he should be disciplined in some way, but should be given at least some opportunity to change. permanently excluding anyone from any community just isn’t my thing.

i’ve owned several online communites in my internet lifetime, and i’ve found that if you ban someone it just makes them more resentful and intent on seeking revenge in some form or another, at times it even gives them some enjoyment in a hateful kinda way.

contacting his ISP and having his internet access removed, would cause a problem to him in his real life, and perhaps send the message across that he needs to be better behaved when he finds a new provider and joins us again.

may seem a little extreme, i don’t know, but it’s something temporary, which is still guaranteed to make him think about his actions before his return.

i’m not against him in any way, probably the closest thing to an advocate he’s likely to get, but cheating, meh, he does need a reality check.

He’s been given chances to improve before. But unfortunately, you were not among us when all this happened. Look what he’s done after we’ve tried to reason with him. That’s why so many are fed up with him.

Wowbagger
    Participant

For those who didnt play against him when he was Mokelok, Take a few minutes to read through this.

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1229&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=mokelok

DeVice
    Participant

Although there may be some (good?) reasons to ban “1”, I believe it’s a bad idea to have a player vote decide that.

Ever seen a death/jail/whatever penalty decided after a public vote IRL ? No, because it’s just like if anybody could decide what justice should be.

Just my 2 (euro :)) cents.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.