This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Picci 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Infact someone may want to suggest some way of better indicating
    wich servers are the official sources within the refresh list.

Just look for the quality assurance seal!

Don’t be fooled by imitators anymore!…

This is a nice idea. I have an idea of how to implement it:

There could be a database and two tables… one for ScorchedAproved and one for ScorchedAvoided servers. In the tables there is merely a IP address listed. If when the server lists are gathered it compares its data against the tables. If the *entry* is provided on either table, the appropiate icon apears. Also a column in the tables for a comment would be nice. To indicate why its approved or why it should be avoided.

Servers listed *if we ever need to use it* on the Avoided table are not going to prevent people from joining them… maybe a verification window to make sure they want to join… and somewhere have that comment on why its marked as avoided listed.

This isn’t so much to distinguish official mod-servers, but ones that are persay, “scorched-community approved”. To verify official mod-servers would take a verification on the mod used, version (mod and server), and whatever else you wanna throw in.

Adding or modifying would resort to contacting Gavin. Or some type of “staff” (if thats the way Gavin would take it).

Shotzo
    Participant

Aw, but then people who host other servers would be ‘jealous’ and ‘angry’.

Not me. I’m ‘frustrated’ and ‘angry’. My servers aren’t working through my router..

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Hey Shotzo,

How come you like to portray yourself as a script kid? I don’t understand why you’d actively perpetuate such a derogatory label. You’re obviously relatively intelligent.

Just a thought…

If you present your (openly made) ideas/changes with the premise they’re fair and reasonable, maybe they’ll be accepted as such.

I think it’s the middle finger that’s pissing people off.

Hacks are bad, legitimate changes to code made by a concerned player who dabbles a bit are good.

It’s all in the way you play it.

Help the noobs, respect the elders… Satirical is fine for the clowns, but keep it subtle.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@willis wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

@Shock wrote:

Infact someone may want to suggest some way of better indicating
    wich servers are the official sources within the refresh list.

Just look for the quality assurance seal!

Don’t be fooled by imitators anymore!…

This is a nice idea. I have an idea of how to implement it:…

Err, have you looked at the server list recently 😉

Willis
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@willis wrote:

-blah-blah-blah-

](*,) – I need to look before I leap more often. Or at least, start to.

Only assumed it was a “photoshoped” image by DS. 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

@willis wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

@willis wrote:

-blah-blah-blah-

](*,) – I need to look before I leap more often. Or at least, start to.

Only assumed it was a “photoshoped” image by DS. 😉

And I’m really that bored of life to even add the version number “41” and come up with protocol version “da”.

I may not have much of a life, but that would be ridiculous.

(But for my sake, it was still my idea if anyone asks.) 😉

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Satirical is fine for the clowns, but keep it subtle.

Clowns honestly scare me.

Shotzo
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

Hey Shotzo,

How come you like to portray yourself as a script kid? I don’t understand why you’d actively perpetuate such a derogatory label. You’re obviously relatively intelligent.

Just a thought…

If you present your (openly made) ideas/changes with the premise they’re fair and reasonable, maybe they’ll be accepted as such.

I think it’s the middle finger that’s pissing people off.

Hacks are bad, legitimate changes to code made by a concerned player who dabbles a bit are good.

It’s all in the way you play it.

Help the noobs, respect the elders… Satirical is fine for the clowns, but keep it subtle.

Satire is NOT for clowns. Merely for those who want to promote change, usually during times of peace… For example: If you were in communist China, writing about Mao Zedong, about Mao Buttons in China, and how they were being traded like commodities, where whoever had the biggest button was most loyal to Mao.. (The Irony? This is capitalism.) (“The Mao Button”, Feng Jicai)

If you were to write this satire, and publish it, you would MOST likely be put to death, which is why satire is used during times of peace.

I do not try to portray myself as a script kiddie. If I really wanted to, I could sit down for about 2 hours, pore over the server code, find some flaw that would make the server crash… exploit it and take down servers. Or actually ‘become’ a script kiddie and go get some script kiddie software, and do some DoS’ing…

By concerned player, do you mean a player who found a flaw in the program, or a player who is merely adding ‘fluff’?

JiNx
    Participant

thinks lappy meant me with the clown comment 😀
    lappy btw im pinching your last quote i like it god did i just say that ❗ :badgrin:
    and i just found loads more smily faces thanks to death =D>

Shotzo
    Participant

Ah. I see.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

note to self:

clown boy looks after himself

: )

nah, i’m just kidding, you’re alright : |

poor jesus

shotzo with his hand up : )

Shotzo
    Participant

I think the thread died.

SHACK
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

And, more importantly: I don’t ban people, ever. Except the following: gcamp, shotzo, thrax, cbx, jinx, cowbell, bob... (oh the satire.)

you baned gcamp?
    The maker of the game? Why would you do that?

Shotzo
    Participant

I banned myself too! What on EARTH was I thinking?!

Panther30
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

I think the thread died.

nope… unfortunately this thread is alive and well. No need for the defibrulator, doctor.

Shotzo
    Participant

But my sciatic nerve is acting up again…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.