This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

groovetube
    Participant

After the first shot the bots resign…what’s with that? Is that my error or the new patch? Also, why do the mods have to be dld’d again?

Bobirov
    Participant

@groovetube wrote:

why do the mods have to be dld’d again?

38.1 moved all the old mod files from .scorched3d/mods to .scorched3d/oldmods because there are some formatting changes that cause the old mod files to be incompatible. However, only a few of the files from the old v38 versions of the mods are incompatible with 38.1, so you shouldn’t really need to download them all over again.

I think you could go into documents and settings/…/.scorched3d/oldmods and copy or move the old mod files back into .scorched3d/mods (removing the extra stuff scorched adds to the directory name). Then you could just connect to a server running an updated version of the mod and grab the few xml files that have changed. That way you could probably avoid redownloading all the textures and other graphical stuff that is time consuming. At least I think so.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@groovetube wrote:

why do the mods have to be dld’d again?

38.1 moved all the old mod files from .scorched3d/mods to .scorched3d/oldmods because there are some formatting changes that cause the old mod files to be incompatible. However, only a few of the files from the old v38 versions of the mods are incompatible with 38.1, so you shouldn’t really need to download them all over again.

I think you could go into documents and settings/…/.scorched3d/oldmods and copy or move the old mod files back into .scorched3d/mods (removing the extra stuff scorched adds to the directory name). Then you could just connect to a server running an updated version of the mod and grab the few xml files that have changed. That way you could probably avoid redownloading all the textures and other graphical stuff that is time consuming. At least I think so.

Yes you are correct bobirov.
    It is done to stop people from upgrading, then trying to play a single player game with the mod only to find it crashes.
    Online play should be fine.

groovetube
    Participant

Thanks. Ok, but I already dld’d it all again, so no big deal. Still, what about the bots resigning after the first shot in the Shockmod server…is that a glitch also?

imported_gcamp
    Participant
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.