This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

Not sure, don’t have time to investigate till way later tonight.

…..

Gav, if you see this, any ideas??

M. O.
    Participant

No problem take your time just trying to make sure everyone can enjoy this fine MOD. 😀

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

*sigh*

many sorrys

the problem is this..

ShockMod was made on windows wich report no errors at all.
    Both myself, and bobirov unfortunately do not use or own unix.

give us time and please continue posting ALL of your errors
    we do want to help you all resolve these issues, and your input
    is very important in fixing them.

M. O.
    Participant

No need to be sorry. It hapens and I am trying to help you out cause I like the mod very much keep it up and if I can help let me know. 😛

Ebbe
    Participant

Was trying to download the shockmod over the server today and it missed up my scorched 🙁 But anyways, would like to see some screenshots to see if I should give it another shot 🙂

M. O.
    Participant

Here are some screenshots in single player mode
    http://www.usafamilia.com/

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay it doesn’t say this in the install instructions. However, since things have changed since version 37 and people may still be used to doing things the old way, allow me to state where NOT to install the mod to:

DO NOT INSTALL MODS TO YOUR GAME DIRECTORY!!

Version 38 has a real system for handling mods and you are NOT supposed to install mods to the same place you installed the game. All mods go in their own directory under:

c:documents and settingscurrent user.scorched3dmods
    In windows

and

~/.scorched3d/mods
    In Linux

So, for example, the ShockMod should wind up being located in c:documents and settingscurrent user.scorched3dmodsshockmod for Windows and ~/.scorched3d/mods/shockmod for Linux. Both the installer and the zip contain the shockmod folder so you just have to point to the /.scorched3d/mods/ folder and it will do the rest. If you install mods into the proper place, you should not have any problems.

elfstone
    Participant

Hi,
    i have problems connecting to the Server with the name “SchokMod v1.0” which is the only server with people on it most of the day.

When i try to connect i get an failed to handle message type “commsconnectAcceptMessage” and can only quit the game.

Other servers and mods work without problems, any ideas what i can do?

(i installed the mod into ~/.scoreched3d/mods/

Bobirov
    Participant

@elfstone wrote:

When i try to connect i get an failed to handle message type “commsconnectAcceptMessage” and can only quit the game.

I don’t know why this is happening to people running Linux versions of Scorched 3D. It is particularly puzzling as you say you don’t have problems connecting to other servers. And the ShockMod server is technically no different that any other modded server. From what I have seen there aren’t any problems when connecting under Windows.

Has anyone running a Linux version been able to successfully connect to the server? I need some help getting to the bottom of this one as I don’t have a Linux machine anywhere close at hand nor do I have any experience using it.

elfstone
    Participant

is there anything i can help you with?
    is there a debug-mode which posts usefull output, or a logfile?

im not really sure if its the mod, or only a wrong server-configuration, since its the only shokmod-server i found.

M. O.
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@elfstone wrote:

I don’t know why this is happening to people running Linux versions of Scorched 3D. It is particularly puzzling as you say you don’t have problems connecting to other servers. And the ShockMod server is technically no different that any other modded server. From what I have seen there aren’t any problems when connecting under Windows.

Has anyone running a Linux version been able to successfully connect to the server? I need some help getting to the bottom of this one as I don’t have a Linux machine anywhere close at hand nor do I have any experience using it.

I have been able to connect but the server wants to download the mod files to my puter then during the process it Crashes. I think it has to do with my files being changed to lowercase and maybe there were some diff between mine andthe one’s on the server. As you can seei have the mod in my home .scorched3d folder. kinda funny if you ask me.

M. O.
    Participant

I have started a ShockMod server no bots the ip is 69.17.112.108:27270 you may have to hunt it down but lets use it for testing out fir linux boxen and try to figure this thing out. The mod works just fine for single player but for some reason it’s not happy with online play.

Bobirov
    Participant

M.O., that could definately be a problem. Have you tried running the version that is up at ApocHQ? I changed the files to lowercase as well so it should now work just fine with linux. Please try it out because if it still has problems with linux they need to be addressed in the official mod release.

M. O.
    Participant

I’ll do that right now and see. give me 10 min. 😯

Cant find the ShockMod files on your server only the Apoch

Bobirov
    Participant

Ok, not sure why thats not showing up, what browser are you using? Just use the links from the first post in this thread:

ShockModv1.0.exe

or

ShockModv1.0.zip

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.