This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 11 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

I had an idea and I am curious to see what others think…
    What if the shields were invisible?
    and the only time you could see them would be when they are hit, kinda like the walls, you only see the walls when they get hit by a missle, can this be done? I just thought, it would be cool for a mod, you could hear the shield go up, but not be sure who put it up, or what type untill it was hit.
    but not like a cloaking device, that would make things a bit too hard.

cbx550f
    Participant

Neat idea – might be a nice idea if you could buy, in addition to the shield, a “Shield invisibility Device” for a few extra bucks.

Brain Damage
    Participant

sorry man, you come too late; i’ve already proposed that a bit time ago 😀
    link below:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2408

DireWolf
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

sorry man, you come too late; i’ve already proposed that a bit time ago 😀
    link below:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2408

i was wondering to make a “stealth” shield Cool , with no activation sound, no hit souns, and no texture, it will only appear in the health bar but will be hardly noticeable

sorry, never noticed your post, but what I propose is just a lil different, I think you should be able to hear the shield go up, so people would know that a shield went up, but no one would be able to see who threw it, and when hit…. you would be able to see it, didnt mean to step on your idea 😳

Brain Damage
    Participant

No Problem; no step on, it was only to let you know that i’ve already asked for that 😉

Ebonite
    Participant

*shoom* 😯

Irishbandit
    Participant

Bandit been drinking please excuse!!! Shields we dont need no freakin shields!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😈 😈

jdog
    Participant

As of right now, no this can not be completely done.
    There is no shield texture tag, yet.

Brain Damage
    Participant

i know, it’s in the related topic the tag request….

jdog
    Participant

I was just telling DW that.

Brain Damage
    Participant

sorry, i’m sleeping in front of the pc 😀 😛 😡

DireWolf
    Participant

Thanx Dog 😀

Willis
    Participant

Sheilds currently can be designed to be invisible.

What you do is take the .bmp file that maps out the texture design of a sheild (currently on new laptop 🙂 and not have scorched to look at) and color it pure black, it works on a greyscale and white displays whatever color the sheild has been provided in the accessories.xml file, while black is the transparent area.

Regarding if they can be seen after being hit, I can’t recal what happens when I tested with them. But still people will certainly know if they have a sheild or not 😈

Ebonite
    Participant

if it can be done, it would probably end the “wait until the last second (or later) to put shields up so as to ruin the shots of other people” tactic. and anything that speds up game pley is a good thing, right?

Brain Damage
    Participant

@willis wrote:

What you do is take the .bmp file that maps out the texture design of a sheild (currently on new laptop 🙂 and not have scorched to look at) and color it pure black, it works on a greyscale and white displays whatever color the sheild has been provided in the accessories.xml file, while black is the transparent area.

overwriting the shield texture will make all shields of that type to be invisible (force or regular) (i know you probably know it); but i think that soultiuon could be a lil annoying; a tag will let you make invisible only certain shields.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.