This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 11 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #4583

    cbx550f
    Participant

    I’ve done this before, but I seem to be having trouble with this: How can I have a server start with one bot, and have it removed after two players join?

    I feel like such a noob. lol

    I had it working in roofmod, but what the difference is, I cannot see.

    from my server.xml:











    etc etc....

    NumberOfPlayers
    16






    What am I missing here? (I know it’s something silly….

    cbx

    The fix was to change the bot type to something other than random. Thanks for pointing this out, Thrax!

    #31073

    cbx550f
    Participant

    *bump*

    I can’t stand the bots owning the stats! 😉

    #31074

    Bobirov
    Participant

    Looks right to me as well, guess we’re both missing something.. 😕

    #31075

    cbx550f
    Participant

    Was just playing around with it, and set RemoveBotsAtPlayers to 0 and it seems to do the trick. ❓

    #31076

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    Was just playing around with it, and set RemoveBotsAtPlayers to 0 and it seems to do the trick. ❓

    Err, whats that sig about 😛

    #31077

    Irishbandit
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    Err, whats that sig about 😛

    Was wondering the same thing. 😉

    #31078

    Thrax
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    Was just playing around with it, and set RemoveBotsAtPlayers to 0 and it seems to do the trick. ❓

    minplayers 2, remove bots 2, with one bot player..

    will wait for a player and start.. one more player, and bot leaves.

    really don’t want that bot playing much, i can see. but as it is. as soon as
    one person log’s in. the bot leaves. and still wait’s for player2.

    #31079

    cbx550f
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    @cbx550f wrote:

    Was just playing around with it, and set RemoveBotsAtPlayers to 0 and it seems to do the trick. ❓

    minplayers 2, remove bots 2, with one bot player..

    will wait for a player and start.. one more player, and bot leaves.

    really don’t want that bot playing much, i can see.

    That’s the way it was, but the bots were fighting eachother when the server was empty (I was still getting two bots :?:)

    but as it is. as soon as
    one person log’s in. the bot leaves. and still wait’s for player2.

    It’s set back the same as before now… I think (been monkeying around, so I don’t remember ;))

    @gcamp wrote:

    Err, whats that sig about 😛

    Just something I read once… 😉

    #31080

    Bobirov
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    @gcamp wrote:

    Err, whats that sig about 😛

    Just something I read once… 😉

    I think I read that too. 🙂

    #31081

    Thrax
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    @thrax wrote:

    minplayers 2, remove bots 2, with one bot player..
    will wait for a player and start.. one more player, and bot leaves.
    really don’t want that bot playing much, i can see.

    That’s the way it was, but the bots were fighting eachother when
    the server was empty (I was still getting two bots :?:)

    Only reasons it would be putting 2 players is
    -if you have 2 playerslots with bots
    or
    -if you have one playerslot with Random. this will fill game with enough
    bots needed to reach botremove limit..

    #31082

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @bobirov wrote:

    @cbx550f wrote:

    @gcamp wrote:

    Err, whats that sig about 😛

    Just something I read once… 😉

    I think I read that too. 🙂

    Oh, yeah I remember now. I wrote that crap 🙂

    #31083

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    Oh, and I’ll take a look at this soon.

    #31084

    cbx550f
    Participant

    @thrax wrote:

    @cbx550f wrote:

    @thrax wrote:

    minplayers 2, remove bots 2, with one bot player..
    will wait for a player and start.. one more player, and bot leaves.
    really don’t want that bot playing much, i can see.

    That’s the way it was, but the bots were fighting eachother when
    the server was empty (I was still getting two bots :?:)

    Only reasons it would be putting 2 players is
    -if you have 2 playerslots with bots
    or
    -if you have one playerslot with Random. this will fill game with enough
    bots needed to reach botremove limit..

    Thrax, you hit the nail on the head there, thanks!

    The problem was that the one bot I had set was type “Random” – I changed it to “Chooser” and it works fine!

    Thank you very much Thrax, this was driving me nuts!

    Gav: Is this intentional?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.