This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 5 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Corresponding Bug Tracker Link:
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt/view.php?id=11

Here is a rough example of what I envisioned for the voting system Gavin, it just seems to match the current layout. (grant the crappy artistry, it would of course be your drop boxes fonts ect, i was to lazy to replicate them properly)

Think of it this way, you wouldnt have to run a turn free server, you could just include it as a game type option. The xml file could be used to specify preset server settings, accessories, and even firing modes! In mods we could give presets as well!

Ex in pro I would have two modes for voting

Reload: TurnFree timed, 3 second reload (bots 8 sec shots)
    Classic: TurnBased, 45 Sec shot timer.

(crap now Ive gone and spoiled the surprise for my mods new hud and special models..)
    Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Should have a KTL mode where shots against anyone but the leader just dud until the leader’s dead 😈

Would be very nice if it could also be used for reporting players to the admins, for language, abuse etc..

Did think about having a vote to kick people, but that’s in some other games I play and it gets abused too often and here, with just a handful of players could be worse, hence a vote to report a player could work. saves people trying to report names (which can too easily be changed, making them hard to find), it would report playerid or even player unique id).

Anonymous

I like the idea, of course people have to be a good sport and stick around even if the play mode is not to their liking

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

I like the idea, of course people have to be a good sport and stick around even if the play mode is not to their liking

This made me think of what happens when two players join a server, and cant agree on what game mode they want. Think it should default to turnbased if theres a tie, as its the default and classic mode of play.

Armor

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

@| Hayt | wrote:

This made me think of what happens when two players join a server, and cant agree on what game mode they want. Think it should default to turnbased if theres a tie, as its the default and classic mode of play.

Armor

That’s the rule for the server.

Unless all parties agree the game is FFA / Turn based(should turn-based / simultaneous become an option).

If the votes get logged aswell, it’ll help figure whether it’s then worth opening another server for simultaneous as the default 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.