This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Willis 13 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

Fancy wording for simple concept;

The ability to assign – or maybe simply apply a mandatory default value – a delay time for when a user can re-enter a server. For those who havent caught on yet . . ya playin for a bit, you leave forcefully or willingly, ya cannot come strait back.

I have two basic reasons, one is those who are so childish / newbish (nothin personal but i do steriotype) people who purposely spend big money on weapons, use em poorly, leave and return for the cash, and do it over and over and over.

Also those who, well earlier on the ApocHQ server, someone kept being fowl mouthed and was being kicked again and again and again by an overseeing admin.

If your misfortunate and are removed from the server for nobel reasons (3 failed, or lagged), I can invision people understanding and being patient waiters. But if your being . . well not so honorable, you deserve to be removed from play for a period of time.

Maybe have custom settings – say 3 different types, simple user leaves game – option A, user is 3fail moved or lag kicked – option B, user is forcefully removed by Admin or other means – option C.

This way its effective, and fair – plus if anything have a disable option.

cbx550f
    Participant

A bit of a long post for me to reply to at this time, but here’s a bit. 😉

How about the possibility of reducing the starting cash based on # of rounds left? $25k before 1st, -5k each round or something maybe? Just a thought – doesn’t solve all of your woes, but a bit, perhaps. 😉

Also, might be a good idea to assign a $50k bonus for killing Willis 😉

Ebonite
    Participant

yah, and a penalty for killing me 😀

Bobirov
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Fancy wording for simple concept;
    I have two basic reasons, one is those who are so childish / newbish (nothin personal but i do steriotype) people who purposely spend big money on weapons, use em poorly, leave and return for the cash, and do it over and over and over.

I feel this could be resolved much better by maintaining user’s weapons and the amount of cash they have when reconnecting. The only time these would be reset is in round 1 of a new game. That way if someone blows all their cash on one weapon, shoots it and re-enters guess what, he’s now broke and without any firepower until next game or if he manages to get some kills with his free weaponry. Problem solved.

And about the kicking, version 38 will have a built in ban system so hopefully that shouldn’t be a problem either. However the person in question kept changing both his unique id AND his IP so I am not real sure how you would keep someone like that out. I wound up blocking a range of IPs with my firewall but I’m not sure how effective it was as I allowed him to return on the promise that he would behave and he did.

Anonymous
    Participant

I feel this could be resolved much better by maintaining user’s weapons and the amount of cash they have when reconnecting. The only time these would be reset is in round 1 of a new game. That way if someone blows all their cash on one weapon, shoots it and re-enters guess what, he’s now broke and without any firepower until next game or if he manages to get some kills with his free weaponry. Problem solved.

This is a good idea. Perhaps I will look into this one. Although it would only work if they kept the same unique id.

And about the kicking, version 38 will have a built in ban system so hopefully that shouldn’t be a problem either. However the person in question kept changing both his unique id AND his IP so I am not real sure how you would keep someone like that out. I wound up blocking a range of IPs with my firewall but I’m not sure how effective it was as I allowed him to return on the promise that he would behave and he did.

The banning currently only works on IP address as the unique Id can be changed so easily. But if he can keep chaning IP address that will not work.

cbx550f
    Participant

Good ideas, but please, OH PLEASE, never implement a “votekick” system (a la Americas Army) – that has a tendency to make things ugly. IMO we usually have a good crowd around – those that do things like quitting and rejoining to get money tend not to be among the better players, and I would think would also get frustrated and not play long that way.

Willis
    Participant

Thanks for the replies, and after reading it over yes the cash / weapon management ideas are more effecient and friendly.

Cbx, I could only see a voting system work if it took say 2/3-3/4 (noticeablly over half) of the people IN THE GAME (aka not of those who vote). Simple example, say there was 7 people in the game, it would take idunno 5 to say the person should be gone. But if 4 vote yes, 2 vote no, and 1 simply decline to vote . . its still a no.

But still im with you on the not have one at all thought.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.