This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Princey 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

Poke Poke…

if you’re all going to hide in the same place, might as well make room
    for the strays. I caught Vihor trying a mod. 😛 That ain’t normal.

Thrax
    Participant

Poll Deleted by Big Bear.

jdog
    Participant

Hmmmmmm, I vote not to vote.

PLAY MORE MODS!

Thrax
    Participant

Poll deleted by Big Bear.

katjapurrs
    Participant

+1 for less crowded maps.

BigBear
    Participant

Hmmm haven’t seen the poll before. When was it added and how long does it stay open? Btw way to go on insulting ppl choosing the option you like the least *golfclaps*. Personally I refuse to vote until the options are free of your personal opinions. Lastly with only 5 votes cast so far it’s a wee bit early to start summing things up or even talk about trends don’t you think?

Back on topic I am still more in favour of reducing rather than increasing although I’d say 10 would be better than 8. Before making up my mind though I’d like to see the “random” placement get improved first to see how that plays out.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

Hmmm haven’t seen the poll before. When was it added and how long does it stay open? Btw way to go on insulting ppl choosing the option you like the least *golfclaps*. Personally I refuse to vote until the options are free of your personal opinions. Lastly with only 5 votes cast so far it’s a wee bit early to start summing things up or even talk about trends don’t you think?

Back on topic I am still more in favour of reducing rather than increasing although I’d say 10 would be better than 8. Before making up my mind though I’d like to see the “random” placement get improved first to see how that plays out.

Good point, the servers are overcrowed with just two people sometimes the way you can get placed.

Thrax
    Participant

deleted: apparently both humorous and logical efforts are wasted here..

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

The larger number of people on the MOD servers is less of an issue though as the maps are usually full size.
    The reason I dont play them much at all is not soooo much about friends, but more that the weapons are sooo HUGE that it takes away the skill required for a brilliant shot I found.

However, they are great fun in a, lets make a huge mess of the map kinna way!

The AI
    Participant

Big shiny glaring light, what mods are you basing this off from? perhaps Destruction mod where the point is big booms?For merge, have you tried drive and shoot? What about Cowards way out? Shields help a bunch also.

then their is stone age, no boom at all.

Scorch Wars has unlimited fuel and teleport position (which the bots track) so you cannot say there are no tactics, you can shoot all the boids also to get a bonus, the boids shoot back to make it all fun.

there is no way you can trash op-scorched about over-sized weapons, they are gun style.

Shockmod is not a dirt-killer, it has angry moles, but you still have the map left.

Can’t forget Moogle mod with tank special powers (that is one mean jellyfish)

Apoc champs is a whole ball of wax by its own, the only way to know it is to play it, worth your while.

Jdogs creation is dirt friendly, he has big lasers, who needs dirt-killers when you have lasers?

They way all those mods and all the ones that are not coming to mind right now is that they are a different animal, you cannot play them like a stock game. Stock does not have Hoovers, Hoovers make rollers a whole different animal, stock does not have the amount of fuels, to use under forty fuel in a round is ludicrous. Ever stabbed someone in destruction? Teleport right behind them and take out a shotgun, its great, sure you take out a swath of land equal to a death head, you get two lives, and its a team game, there is a massive amount of tactics.

Now with all of that I must admit that I like soft kill weapons, at 1.5 or higher acceleration, with a over-time damage effect combined with a good explosion texture. Mods have things like that, ever used an arcball? Great weapon, no big hole in the ground or anything like that, just a ball ‘o zap right in your face. or what about the flame thrower weapons? Ice machine, bio-con, lava, lightning, acid, only acid has been seen to leave big holes in the ground, the rest just give a cheery coating of death.

Then we come to shields in detail, ever used the umbrella? If you have, ever seen the point of it? A brilliant bit of work right there, if you figure out its power. Hoover, my little discovery, a vacuum shield, sucks it all in, eats rollers like fry cakes. Then with all the laser proof powers, you can keep off the little ones, but still be open to the big, it makes it a wonderful scene when someone doesn’t know that, and they get hit with a nine-shot right through their mirror bubble. Or what about a Mag field? Those lead to interesting things, keeping all those worrisome shots out of the area,or blocking someone altogether. Or there was the chaff, it would drop your fps to single digits (thats why it was removed) but it was a physical shield to block with, all those little hovering bits of dirt.

then there are all those cruel people who make things like ground strikes to attack from under the map, hard to aim, really hard to aim, but its a great way to kill those people with mags. Or fast shots, even used a tusken sniper rifle? or a kinetic nuke? How about a rail gun? The stuff you can pull off with those is amazing, but it takes skill.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Wow, guess you like your mods then 🙂

A few things you said just confused the hell outta me.

When I said destroy the map (or something along that line 🙂 ) I meant they cover too large an area to require good shooting.

Yes there are some great GREAT things in the mods, the stoneage was cool, but I only played against the bots as the few times I looked there was noone there.
    Thats part of the problem I guess, when im in the mood for something different, theres noone there, and playing the bots is boring and they dont give you much advice!

BigBear
    Participant

Well if the poll was a joke you don’t mind me deleting it then.

I was gonna post some additional thoughts on this subject (constructive ones even), but this pathetic way of seeking attention has made me loose interest. I’ll give you one pointer though. Personally I find that your constant whining and twisted ideas on why ppl don’t play more mods makes me want to avoid any mod connected to you just because of this behaviour. If I were you I’d try to find another way to get ppl to play your mods other than insulting their intelligence. I mean c’mon, even you must have noticed it’s not working all that well.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

ooooooooo lar dee dar Grizzley bear

Princey
    Participant

Blimey.. Some i sense some friction here… At the end of the day people play what they want to play. Some like a simple Missiles, chutes, batteries fight, Some like to test the limits with scorched and see how far they can push the weapons and see how big a hole it takes out of a map…

Its each to their own, Me personally, love mains due to the social extremes of it, good bunch of people, Challenging etc, Mods Love em too, Great gaming experience, Without em, i think scorched would not be what it is today.

Anyway, is there any finalisation on if they are going to expand the capacity of mains because even in my experience, it often fills up and as far as i know, hasn’t been tested to see if it can take any more… No harm in trying i dont think….

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.