This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Princey 9 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

@Metal Slug Mario wrote:

So…. we have larger maps dont we (points out ice cave map) if we make maps tahth can accomadate 16 then we wont have any worries now will we?
    plus i would love to see more than 12 the servers tend to fill up rather quickly when mandy and bd are in

I have to agree with Slug, the small little island maps are to small altogether,
    if you can fit 12 in one of those little maps, 16 should be fine for the larger ones if the little maps were dropped.

BigBear
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

I have to agree with Slug, the small little island maps are to small altogether,
    if you can fit 12 in one of those little maps, 16 should be fine for the larger ones if the little maps were dropped.

The small island map is pretty much too small for almost any amount of players so i don’t get the logic, but sure let’s try 16 players and reevaluate after a month or so as suggested earlier. If it works then it’s a go, if not then adding a server would not be difficult as Gavin has already stated.

Brain Damage
    Participant

i have a little to add on this:

the map size is not the only thing that will have to be changed; the actual map size (the diagonal) represent roughtly the maximum distance a missile can travel when shot @ 1000 power, so you’ll have to increase the maximum power as well, with the effect that direct shots will work much better (more speed = less gravity effect), and various secondary effects

and i’ve tested setting the mimum players & max players for a map, but actually didn’t work for me, it keeps picking the map regardless of the settings & number of actual players

ah, the ice map is the same size of the others…

DireWolf
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

@direwolf wrote:

The small island map is pretty much too small for almost any amount of players so i don’t get the logic, but sure let’s try 16 players and reevaluate after a month or so as suggested earlier. If it works then it’s a go, if not then adding a server would not be difficult as Gavin has already stated.

This was only an opininion, Those little island maps are
    a waste, even if the player number is not changed I think they should be removed, IMHO.

it is kinda of a toss up, do we have enough people playing Scorched to start another server without effecting the main server, or do we expand the player limit?

both seem a little chancy, so I would suggest that we try both, hear me out for a second, get a server ready with the capability of 16 people without the little maps, announce it in the forums about the new server and set an opening day with an invite to all players to come and fill that server “build it and they will come” and test it for a week or 2, that would be only 4 more player slots then we would have if we opened up a regular server, that way we could test both options at the same time.
    I know if there was an official invite to this new server to test it out we could easily test it that day to find out if 16 is too much, and if it is, after that week we restore the server to 12 if it is a bad idea, thus leaving us with 2 regular servers:shock:
    just a thought, thanx for listening to this old wolf.
    -Dire

Metal Slug Mario
    Participant

hm.. well now this is getting interesting but i digress

The whole small map thing i pretty much like making a bet against someone and losing…then being forced to wear a bee suit to work) yes its taht bad)

pointed toward increased power: if we increases range and firepower wouldn’t thath cause less hangups when opponents JUUUST outa reach

anyway i c no problem with increased firepower( maybe thath should be a buyable item *hint*

BOY
    Participant

I can’t say for certain, but I don’t think there is a need an additional server. If there were another one, there should be significant differences between the two, otherwise everyone will prefer one over the other.

and… there is this server I’ve heard of, called the TEAMS server 🙂

yeah, the little map should be removed I guess, but it is so cute!

regarding extra power, that is a feature I would very much love to see added to the defense options. Even a weapon powerup would be nice, but even better if it could be activated during the aiming phase so as not to waste a turn. I’ll go resurect that request.

BigBear
    Participant

@boy wrote:

and… there is this server I’ve heard of, called the TEAMS server 🙂

Well to be perfectly honest TEAMS as it is now suxx!!! 😯 😛

The only thing that would make me play on teams would be if clan tags were implemented and the stats for were based on clan performance. Love or hate the idea, I’m just saying that would be the only incitament for me to play there.

mooic
    Participant

Well the time is 19:45GMT and main is full AGAIN *sigh*, can we do anything about this it is getting tiresome, iTS full of noobs!!!!! How about putting back the min kill limit to keep main for the main players and beginners in the beginners!! Anyone telling me about the otHer servers consider yourselves muted 😛

I WANNA PLAY IN MAIN WITH ALL MY FRIENDS 🙁

Jock
    Participant

Now come on casey, friends you are taking this too far now 😆

Still i do agree it is 20.29 and i can’t KILL 😈 this sux, more than Bd’s straw shop 😉 👿

Deathbal
    Participant

Noobs, more noobs. Just lower price of diggers please 😆

hobbesme
    Participant

@snowdog wrote:

I’d also consider decreasing the maximum arms level allowed as you raise the number of players.

More players actually reduces the need to limit firepower.

A few years ago, the maximum number of players in the official servers used to be 24. In a game with 16+ players, the insanity of so many players & so many munitions was its own throttle that mostly limited the number of players that survived each round. Also, it was rare that a select few players were in the lead each game since almost all players were universally wiped out each round.

It might be enjoyable to open another official server for mega-game but whose stats might still be tied to the main server stats.

Chopper
    Participant

@mooic wrote:

…. iTS full of noobs!!!!! How about putting back the min kill limit to keep main for the main players and beginners in the beginners!!…

I WANNA PLAY IN MAIN WITH ALL MY FRIENDS 🙁

Moo does have a point….More and more people coming into main asking weird questions….once one asked….”How do I move?”….another asked “How do I aim”…the patience and understanding of the more experienced gets taxed when there’s a full blown butt kickin’ game going on to try to train noobs.

Of course..looks like DBall loves the “cannon fodder” that noobs make….. 😆

If the experiecned players just start killin’ noobs…..it makes them feel unwelcome and picked on…..however, I do believe you should at least have a few of the basics down before venturing onto the “killing fields”.

The kill requirement seemed to do that. I cant remember (old folks CMS ) why it was dropped.

Deathbal
    Participant

LOL Chop, you are cracking me up. Of course I like the noobs. I like to have money so I can buy nice things during the game 😈

Seriously though, there is a beginners server. People come into main because they feel they are ready. But most new players must know that others will try and kill them.

Thrax
    Participant

New Version, New stats, New servers…

I’m wondering if this might be a good time to lift the player-limits on
    Mains from 12 to 16.
    Beyond letting more players have fun, it would also test the code to
    see if software can actually ‘handle’ that many connections.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Good point it “should” cope ok now 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.