This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Princey 9 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Thrax
    Participant

Due to the growth of scorched popularity, i think some growth
    also needs to happen to the main servers.
    The limit of 12 players was previously used to keep bandwidth
    down. Now that they are on a dedicated system, it no longer applies.
    It needs to be raised to at least 16, and then we’ll see if it still max’s out.

i’ve often had games on my primary server of over 13-15 players, so
    the mains would probably be turning away quite a lot.

The other option for future is to allow spectators up to a higher limit
    and only allow players to join in up to the set limit.
    That way some could at least watch the excitement, and we could
    see exactly how many players are really interested in the servers.

BigBear
    Participant

There are definatley more and more people playing, and it’s really nice that the days of waiting for an hour or two for a game because of a lack of players seem to be in the past.

Personally I’d rather see another “main” server than an increased number of players on the one we have. In fact 12 is a bit much as it is because of the amount of good players. In a full game surviving the 1st shot is not a small feat and worthy of a little victory dance. 😉

I don’t think we are quite there yet, but when we grow even bigger my vote would be on adding another server and have a 10 player limit on both (given that the game plays as it does now).

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Good point, I am happy to put on another server, or increase the player cap.

JiNx
    Participant

if we opened another server would they both be linked to main stats or would a whole new series of stats open?

i agree with bb its very hard to win with a twelve player game it gets insane realy but then this is change weve been used to cosy games of 5 or six player and now its time that we have to adapt our tactics to cope which is what stops this game from getting state

i think we should maybe trial having a 16 player level on main server for a month maybe and see how it goes and maybe everyone can put there views in on what they think

Snowdog
    Participant

I’d also consider decreasing the maximum arms level allowed as you raise the number of players.

Deathbal
    Participant

I agree with BB on, well, all of it.

mooic
    Participant

Well, i agree withe everyone 🙂 , i too think that raising the limit to 16 should be trialed for a while first (just think of all those DH’s in r 12 😉 ) but think that 2 main servers with linked stats (not spereate) is the way to go.

Casey x

cbx550f
    Participant

Either way, and I’d be happy… but I do agree that it’s time for a change… a few times lately I’ve wanted to join but there’s no room, so I end up not playing. 😐

Increasing the max number of players is certainly the easier solution… I think trying that for a month isn’t such a bad idea.

While I love the idea of two servers with combined stats, I kinda hate the idea of being faced with the decision of which to pick when there are good players on both. (Or even when Willis is on both. :P).

Thrax
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Either way, and I’d be happy… but I do agree that it’s
    time for a change… a few times lately I’ve wanted to join but there’s no
    room, so I end up not playing. 😐

Increasing the max number of players is certainly the easier solution…
    I think trying that for a month isn’t such a bad idea.

May want to try 16 then, and also keep an eye on the server-log.
    When my main server reached 15 players, i started getting socket-full errors.

it’s possible that these errors have been over-looked all this time, since
    the main servers have never reached that high.

DireWolf
    Participant

It is now Friday, 11:30 am Pacific Standard Time.

Server full…….

16 players would be very nice 😉

FREAK
    Participant

I really do think that 16 would be great!

The mains are the most populated servers ever due to the large amount of veterans that play on it like JiNx, Brain Damage, Mandy, Deathbal, Jaunch, Spectrum, Chopper, Viking………………………

DireWolf
    Participant

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:56 pm

ok I might be being ignorant of how the time zones work, but when making my last post I noticed the time I made the post above, here it was 11:30 but post time said 8:56, should’nt it be like 8:30?

Thrax
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 8:56 pm

ok I might be being ignorant of how the time zones work,
    but when making my last post I noticed the time I made
    the post above, here it was 11:30 but post time said 8:56,
    should’nt it be like 8:30?

Do you live in Newfoundland? 😛

BigBear
    Participant

Since most ppl that have answered here seems in favour of trying 16 players for while I have a little something to add. After some discussion yesterday BD mentioned something that strengthens the position in my mind that this would be a waste of time. Half of the maps are barely large enough to accomodate for 12 players, let alone 16. As it is now winning is more about initial position than actual skill and 16 players on small maps would exactly help the way I see it.

Metal Slug Mario
    Participant

So…. we have larger maps dont we (points out ice cave map) if we make maps tahth can accomadate 16 then we wont have any worries now will we?
    plus i would love to see more than 12 the servers tend to fill up rather quickly when mandy and bd are in

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.