This topic contains 16 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

Is the main game server down or is something funky with my computer that i cant see it when i do a refresh??

Deathstryker
    Participant

No it’s there, keep trying.

You know what’s weird though? Last night I was gonna join and the official servers didn’t come up in the list, so I complained to Sondra about it and she said she was on the server! So I tried back a few minutes later and it was there in the list again.

Irishbandit
    Participant

That is what happened to me, 20 minutes after i posted the server list showed back up. What is going on?

Irishbandit
    Participant

Screen shot of problem, its doing it agian tonight.

cbx550f
    Participant

Hm. I see them fine here.

Have you tried what I mentioned here?

Also – when that happens go to http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/servers.php and see if it’s showing up there – if so you can try putting in the server’s ip and port in the “connect to” box.

Cheers

Hm – I see you tried – can you do more pings? ie: make ping do 20-50 (or more

Not that I’m sure that’s it or anything, just a thought

Irishbandit
    Participant

Ok here is what i have worked out so far the ips shows up for the server and team server as the screen shot shows, but if i try to join it, it starts to connect then freezes my computer, i mean freezes like no ctrl+alt+del nothing ctrl+c nothing have to get up off my butt and do a hard reboot.

Computer
    Barton 2800
    1 Gig of ram
    Ati 9700 Pro all in wonder
    Windows xp

Irishbandit
    Participant

Here is what i get from http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/showplayers.php?server=213.104.26.118:27280 players

Player Name Player Score Player Time Player Team
    Flopsy 1/0/42859 K/W/$ 1:48:7 secs None
    SvO 0/0/38304 K/W/$ 0:38:16 secs None
    Ryan42 -1/0/30955 K/W/$ 0:27:29 secs None
    Player 12 1/0/39966 K/W/$ 0:15:50 secs None
    Elmo Will Eat You 2/1/45920 K/W/$ 0:13:56 secs None
    cbx550f 0/0/33250 K/W/$ 0:2:14 secs None

For server rules here is what i get from server state: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/showrules.php?server=213.104.26.118:27280
    Server Rule Value
    Nothing

Irishbandit
    Participant

😥 Off to bed maybe i will get to play tomorrow?? I hope!!! 😀

Deathstryker
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Ok here is what i have worked out so far the ips shows up for the server and team server as the screen shot shows, but if i try to join it, it starts to connect then freezes my computer, i mean freezes like no ctrl+alt+del nothing ctrl+c nothing have to get up off my butt and do a hard reboot.

Computer
    Barton 2800
    1 Gig of ram
    Ati 9700 Pro all in wonder
    Windows xp

That’s unnatrural to say the least, especially for Windows XP.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The servers are all registered centrally using a web service. This web service resides on the sourceforge web site using port 80. If this web site goes down (or is quite loaded) then the web service will fail and no servers will be registered. This can happen more often than I would like hence why I moved the remainder of the web site here.

However I wanted the master list server to be on a free server that will always be supported regardless of what happens to this one.

Have a look at http://scorched3d.sourceforge.net/scorched/servers.php to see the current list of servers.

As this is running on port 80 to prevent firewall issues you may find your local web cache also caches an out of date copy!

The player, games, rules listings are sent from each scorched server using lightweight udp packets. These packets may get lost due to being dropped, or more probably are now getting too large to pass through the network. I’ll have a look and see if fragmentation is the problem.

cbx550f
    Participant

Gavin, last night I was here when Irish was posting about having the trouble – he was having trouble at the time, and I refreshed the server list MANY times with no issues.

Irish – hope we can help you with this.

cbx

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

Gavin, last night I was here when Irish was posting about having the trouble – he was having trouble at the time, and I refreshed the server list MANY times with no issues.

cbx

As this is running on port 80 to prevent firewall issues you may find your local web cache also caches an out of date copy!

Perhaps??

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

cbx

Perhaps??

Just a note to say, the problem with the server rules being displayed on the web page is caused by the packet size getting too big. I’ve fixed this for the next version. As for the players not being displayed I’ll need to have a look at this when it happens again.

cbx550f
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

cbx

Perhaps??

Oh yeah, you said that above.

*promises to pay more attention 😉

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

cbx

Perhaps??

Just a note to say, the problem with the server rules being displayed on the web page is caused by the packet size getting too big. I’ve fixed this for the next version. As for the players not being displayed I’ll need to have a look at this when it happens again.

Chances are that you won’t be around when it happens. That’s the way it goes you know?

Oh! And I forgot to say this only happened with one of the servers. Didn’t happen with the other one. That may be a bit useful to you!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.