This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

I did look n see if it was commented before in either sections of todo or faq, didnt notice it. .

The problem in short – is a server at times – may not pick up the fact a person left or was disconnected. Here lemmi illustrat:

Notice Willis and Willis(2) . . Willis(2) is the active name, somehow (I assume I closed the window, didnt give error) when I was removed from the game the server did not pick up the fact that I was no longer there. Hence when I returned, Willis was still in existance. It was not untill the “Willis” faild to fire x3 . . that the name was automaticly removed.

This occured on one other occasion, lightly different. The first time, I was entirely disconnected from the net (56k – MSN) and when I returned the name was again, still there. However on this occasion it “left” on its own will, not the ‘non fire’ system. On this occasion however the server did not start up the game for me, even when two names were there.

How to fix or why its litterly happening I don’t know – any thoughts?

Just a lil cough up request while im typin, possible to get some custom unit submits? I know a game with some lovely tanks 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Strange. Are you sure the first program has actualy quit before you bring up the new window? Are you running on unix? If so what does a “ps -ef | grep scorched” show?

Just a lil cough up request while im typin, possible to get some custom unit submits? I know a game with some lovely tanks

Yeah, anyone can submit new models. I don’t have the time to convert them to scorched format though. There is a small tutorial here :-

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=552

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.