This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 13 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

By “crash” do you mean the server kicked all the players again?

So I can try this patch out what OS are you running on?

Ebonite
    Participant

Oops. Perhaps “crash” is too strong a word. How about “reset”? 😕

Yes, server “reset” and all players were kicked. I run on Win98. 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, ive made a test package of the current development windows version. This should contain the client fix. If people want to try it, it is here :-

http://www.employees.org/~gcamp/scorched/Scorched-Test.zip
    20MB download.

This is the development version, and while I think it is stable it may not be.

Bobirov
    Participant

I just installed the test version and was going to see if it fixed the client dump bug. I quickly noticed tho, that buy menus are no longer automatically alphabetized in this version. I scanned through the console commands to see if there was one but didn’t see any (I could very well have missed it).

If this change was indeed an intentional one, could we get a command to alphabetize them again. I can see where having a well organized and grouped accessories file might not need to be alphabetized but even then, I find it easier to find things alphabetically. Just my opinion

Rob

Bobirov
    Participant

Okay, I’ve been spectating on my server waiting for the bug to pop up and it just did and guess what, I was the only person on the server who didn’t get kicked 😀 So at first glance, the fix appears to work. If I see anything otherwise I’ll let you know Gavin.

Rob

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

I just installed the test version and was going to see if it fixed the client dump bug. I quickly noticed tho, that buy menus are no longer automatically alphabetized in this version. I scanned through the console commands to see if there was one but didn’t see any (I could very well have missed it).

If this change was indeed an intentional one, could we get a command to alphabetize them again. I can see where having a well organized and grouped accessories file might not need to be alphabetized but even then, I find it easier to find things alphabetically. Just my opinion

Rob

It was intentional, but I will make it an option :).

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

Okay, I’ve been spectating on my server waiting for the bug to pop up and it just did and guess what, I was the only person on the server who didn’t get kicked 😀 So at first glance, the fix appears to work. If I see anything otherwise I’ll let you know Gavin.

Rob

Cool, keep me posted.

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Have I told you lately that I wub joo? 🙂 For the meantime I went through and alphabetized my 3551 line accessories.xml file by hand because I’m such a gimp…. 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

Have I told you lately that I wub joo? 🙂 For the meantime I went through and alphabetized my 3551 line accessories.xml file by hand because I’m such a gimp…. 😛

Thats the first real lol I have had for a while, cheers 🙂

Bobirov
    Participant

Well I was actually playing this time when the bug occured again and this time I got booted along with everyone else 😥 Same old thing, all players have the little ‘ mark next to their names but can all talk without any lag until they get kicked for timeout.

I’m not sure if its because I was actually playing the game instead of spectating or something else. Is the animation timeout applied to all weapons or just to rollers? I don’t see how it could happen if the timeout is applied to all weapons unless the problem lies elsewhere 🙁

Rob

imported_gcamp
    Participant

It should apply to all weapons.

I’ll try to setup a client with more logging and leave it attached to one of my servers to see what happens.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, updating you all with some progress on this one, and to let you know I am actively working on it as it seems to be causing hassle almost every couple of hours at the moment.

I think there was a bug in the client, but only one that shows up very infrequently. I think the last patch I produced fixed that.

However, I think there is also a bug in the server network code. This code seems to get bogged down when a client does not accept a coms message or when the client times out.

This other bug will require a bit of work on the coms code, hopefully I will have time tomorrow to try to make a fix.

I’ll keep you all posted.

Ebonite
    Participant

thanks Gavin. 8)

Bobirov
    Participant

You are the man Gavin. If every game programmer was as attentive and hard-working as you, the world of gaming would be a much better place.

Just thought I’d update to say that so far 37.2 has saved me 3 out of 4 times I have been on when the bug(s) occured. So I suppose that 1 time it didn’t save me was with this new server bug. If you do another test release I’ll gladly download it and try it out again 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Cheers.

I’ve made some changes that I think will fix the server problem. It should also make the server slightly more responsive. I’ve been running it since 7:00pm last night and it seems to be working!

If you fancy giving it a try you can download it at:-
    http://www.employees.org/~gcamp/scorched/scorched-test2.zip
    20MB download.

Again it has the same disclaimer as it is the development version, and while I think it is stable it may not be.

This version also has the sorted/non-sorted option for the weapons and the landscaping chosing dialog has scroll bars.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.