This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I have just received a message from the isp we use to host the server browsing functionality. Apparently the outage experienced last weekend was due to a hacker on the server machine. They have responded by shutting down all services as of 31st May 2004.

The long and short of this is that all Scorched3D server browsing capabilities will cease to work after (or perhaps before) 31st May 2004!

I have migrated the server browsing service to sourceforge (this server) however I have not decided how to update all the existing Scorched3D clients (there does not seem to be an config change option).

I will keep you posted on progress as it happens…

Ebonite
    Participant

we can still input the server address directly into the Connect field, right? 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@[PDX]Ebonite² wrote:

we can still input the server address directly into the Connect field, right? 😉

Yeah that will still work.

Anonymous
    Participant

does this mean that we will no longer be able to click “refresh internet games” and get a list?

will the server addresses still be posted on the S3D site so that we know the manual input numbers?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

does this mean that we will no longer be able to click “refresh internet games” and get a list?

Yes. Although I will release a new version soon (and perhaps some patches) that will fix this problem.

will the server addresses still be posted on the S3D site so that we know the manual input numbers?

Yes

Anonymous
    Participant

How soon will the newsest version of scorched will be released? 😈

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

How soon will the newsest version of scorched will be released? 😈

I would think the timeline should be obvious from the first post 😉

Anonymous
    Participant

I did not read this post sorry about that.

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Damn hackers…I hoped the internet games will roll, without any fancy crap. Well…no matter. I just hope the situation will changes. 🙁

Anonymous
    Participant

i just got scorched 3d yesterday!…it rocks!…….im really confused though…i wanna play online…..why cant i?/when will the server be back up?

Anonymous
    Participant

Reading the first post might be an option…

Anonymous
    Participant

wow i must be dumb……………

when do u think i will be able to go online, to start kicking asses!?!

homeboi

imported_gcamp
    Participant

If you are using version 37.2 you should be able to see some servers. Version 37.2 contains a fix that uses a different server for the server browsing.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

UPDATE

Today a new administrator for our server browsing server has been found. They have resurected our server and so we are ok. At least for the moment.

This means that server browsing for all versions has been restored.

Phew 😀

vaerc
    Participant

Hi, I just downloaded version 39.1 the other day. So far, server browsing has only worked once, but I was just testing it that time and didn’t enter any servers. From then on, though, nothing is displayed when I try to browse for servers. It’s similar to the problems people were having before, so I thought I’d post it here. I’m trying to expand our gaming clan to Scorched 3D, so any help to smooth this out would be great!
    Thanks,
    ~*SP*~vaerc
    The Speeders

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.