This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  bazzz 7 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Viking62
    Participant

Post (copy & paste) your concerns/Ideas relating to the Official “SERVER ADMIN NOMINATIONS” thread here please.

Main Topic thread ➡ viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6278&p=61231#p61231

Viking62
    Participant

I agree:
    @pastor of muppets wrote:

I hope this does not confuse things but I would like to make a suggestion.

I would like to keep Mandy and BigBear on as admins or advisors. These are two exceptional contributors to the game who should IMO have access to the admin forums no matter what their status is as palyers.

These two people have always been level headed and have given excellent advice to me and others over the years. They have taught and loved this game for what it is and what it could be.

Just my opinion.

I actually would like to see that all the old contributing/sensible Admins retain some sort of higher forum access as POM has brought to light. If they do ever come back to find they have been removed-They may take that as an insult/loss of faith in them & never come back to Scorched3d. As we have noticed;We do take some things on the internet as an assault on us-Even though that is not always the case.
    Words can cut like a knife if one ponders/dwells over a topic or seemingly Inuendo laden post for too long with no complete explanation from the poster.

CBX550F,BOB,Wow,Brain Damage,Big Bear,Mandy,NMS,Jinx,Outer,Raden…..Just to name a few.

Chopper
    Participant

PoM,Viking…I like the idea and personally don’t have a problem with it….but I’d like to point out that flushing the inactives is exactly what some people want as a kind of “symbol” that its a new day around here.

That just opens more discussion and complaints about its just “the same old same old.”

I guess bottom line its up to Gavin. He said he’s weighing the nominations, volunteers and options. We put it in his hands.
    I hope his decision is accepted by all…..and we can get back to the servers. =D>

ArmorWraith
    Participant

P.S: Chopper may I ask you to refrain from bringing up the past, and actions of a certain member. I feel they should remained buried, I dont think I can take any more circles. I assure you, he will put his own foot in his mouth someday, its bound to happen to someone who babbles nonsense constantly. I find if you ignore him, he will post to himself until someone does post.Afterall why make another post all about him?

@ Gavin, can you see about implementing a real-time chatbox for administrators only? I believe that would speed up the admin discussion process and allow for easier communication. I havent seen the admin forums, so I wouldnt know if that is already implemented. :p

Chopper, thank you for the advice, it helps alot recently. 😉

Kanga

Viking62
    Participant

I have mentioned the chat box idea a few times(in private)-The management is working on a solution to this idea atm. Also, You are right Chopper Ol’ Pal. I was just putting my 2 cents worth into the mix. If nothing else…. have a commemorative/dedicated section of the forum for players that have played for a sustained period of time/years here in Scorched3d. Their contributions etc….
    Hey-That might give Rommel something to do with his thinking,typing,sorting skills 🙂

Viking62
    Participant

Feel Free to use my website chat-box for anything you want to use it for-Admins/Devs in this community can use this.-I will not censor;You are free to discuss anything you feel like discussing.
    See- Admin/Dev Section for the url/link.

I wish you happy debating.

bazzz
    Participant

Unfortunatly you cant seem to control yourselves from doing the same thing over and over again.Perhaps you dont understand, more likely you are just sticking it to those who are reasonable.

Its immature and shouldnt be allowed for S3d’s sake. Its detrimental to this game and denies progress. If this continues i dont see any other solution than some strict rules that will be enforced.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Bazz, your ramblngs are sounding more and more like Rommel each passing day.
    I’ve read your history.. you defend him no matter what, to me it seems you are sticking to those you believe are reasonable. I have done nothing to destroy this community, only pointed out a bad egg after being abused by his admin powers. I have completely ignored Rommel as it is the easiest thing to do as of late. He is an attention wannabe, I will not be subject to his self serving notions or games any longer.

I ask you to think long and hard on how he treats those who disagree with him or point out a flaw. He spouts rules and guidelines he himself doesnt even follow. There is no point throwing bread crumbs on a road that wont be taken on the way back, unless of course your feeding the birds.
    Kanga

Chopper
    Participant

bazz….oh never mind….

ArmorWraith
    Participant

LOL @ chop, take a break buddy, its been a rough week.
    Kanga

Deathbal
    Participant

I could never not nominate Mandy. Hopefully she returns if she has not already. I have been busy lately so I have been playing sparingly. Doesn’t mean I won’t be here more often.

But definetely POM, Loke. I hesitate to say many more due to my not being here too often recently. I know I forgot a few good people.

Acid22
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

I agree:
    @pastor of muppets wrote:

I hope this does not confuse things but I would like to make a suggestion.

I would like to keep Mandy and BigBear on as admins or advisors. These are two exceptional contributors to the game who should IMO have access to the admin forums no matter what their status is as palyers.

These two people have always been level headed and have given excellent advice to me and others over the years. They have taught and loved this game for what it is and what it could be.

Just my opinion.

I actually would like to see that all the old contributing/sensible Admins retain some sort of higher forum access as POM has brought to light. If they do ever come back to find they have been removed-They may take that as an insult/loss of faith in them & never come back to Scorched3d. As we have noticed;We do take some things on the internet as an assault on us-Even though that is not always the case.
    Words can cut like a knife if one ponders/dwells over a topic or seemingly Inuendo laden post for too long with no complete explanation from the poster.

CBX550F,BOB,Wow,Brain Damage,Big Bear,Mandy,NMS,Jinx,Outer,Raden…..Just to name a few.

I’ll shove my twopence in again if no one minds…….
    The idea of a clean sweep involving keeping certain absent admins in but others out looks about as much like ‘jobs for the boys’ as the last attempt at ‘restructure’.

I agree about Mandy . BB and other ‘innactive’ admins. I would like to see them back but surely you cant vote in an absent player that has no knowledge of the event because you liked them!!?? If he/she returns to playing and wants to rejoin then should’nt you worry about it then?

Clean sweep, freshly voted in admins……as fair as I can see it getting 😐

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Retire them, if they come back a vote would suffice I think?

Kanga

naka
    Participant

@Kangabunny wrote:

Retire them, if they come back a vote would suffice I think?
    Kanga

What an Idea =D> Voting for Mandy? indeed this game is dying.

bazzz
    Participant

Yes im bad because rommel is bad and im supporting him bad,baaaad, baaaah, baaaaah ,baaaaaah,.,.,.,.

I wont even try to comment on your suggestive “arguments” they deserve ridicule, instead i repost some stuff.

Gavin has been making a great effort to react to every suggestion, this wasn’t really what i was talking about but its great to get some reaction.

Sometimes it is not clear when there is no reaction what it means, is it noted that there was a suggestion and are people working on it? Is it just a silly thing that will be ignored? Some sort of system where people get feedback. Pretty much what happens here in the forums but here it seems to be all over the place and sometimes you get a reaction. Maybe all what is needed is to train people to make a new thread in the appropriate section where there is an effort to provide feedback.

What does development mean? If it is programming the game don’t think that needs to be more open it seems to work alright. If development means thinking about how to make the gameplay better, how to attract new players and keep them coming back and how to make it friendlier for first time use, i think there should be a more active open discussion where there is a clear line how to proceed. It doesn’t have to be public but players who want to participate should be allowed to have some influence.

Growing this community. In my opinion there should be at least 10 times the amount of players, maybe thats too big for some maybe it is not possible. If it was that way there would always be an interesting game or two, mods would have people playing them, if you have some nasties annoying you you can find a room with friendly people.

If this is something we choose to try we need to get behind it and make some choices how we are going to do that. There should be better communication, what does that mean? If there is a discussion and a person with his Admin hat on makes an authoritative statement only to have him opposed by another Admin takes away credibility from the people in charge creates distrust and probably hurts the game. I don’t think this can be completely avoided but these are things you should choose to avoid.

This version has the ability to make mods with a completely different gameplay, there can be a fast paced server with a casual game instead of the hour long 10 round game in main. I think this is something that should be part of the official servers, or even a room where you drop in when you start the game.
    How exactly this new gameplay should be must be decided by the players, preferably some fairly new people, its a new game mode and people that didn’t like the old game didn’t stay for too long.

Publicity should be a coordinated effort, there are lots of ways to spread the game. After we get the new version running with the new gameplay there should be a group of people who coordinates the publicity, write gamesites, make videos, inform old forum members of the new game, get players to do their part, etc.

So yeah Better communication, but first we have to better communicate if this is something we want or maybe something else.

We sure came a long way since then, pretty much everything i suggested has improved, people love to be here ,the grass is green everyone treats one other with reason and respect.

I sure am sarcastic today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.