This topic contains 54 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 9 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

@ BOY, Thrax & PR

Interesting ideas, but they would fit better in a separate topic in the request section. As much as I like the ideas I’d like to keep this thread focused on the currently available settings.

zombie
    Participant

for a round win 150 is not good . as it gives preference to accidental winners which r quiet common. and off course if u want to bury ur head like ostrich and accidentally win. so this will be bit unfair . and often with new scoring chasing or limiting somebody is very difficult.

BigBear
    Participant

@zombie wrote:

for a round win 150 is not good . as it gives preference to accidental winners which r quiet common. and off course if u want to bury ur head like ostrich and accidentally win. so this will be bit unfair . and often with new scoring chasing or limiting somebody is very difficult.

Err the relative award for kills has increased more than wins, so I don’t see your point really. Before you needed 4 kills to match a rnd win, now you need 3. As others have already suggested 2.5 should prolly be even better.

At any rate someone else will have to take charge of this little experiment as I am no longer a member of the admin crew.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

@zombie wrote:

Err the relative award for kills has increased more than wins, so I don’t see your point really. Before you needed 4 kills to match a rnd win, now you need 3. As others have already suggested 2.5 should prolly be even better.

At any rate someone else will have to take charge of this little experiment as I am no longer a member of the admin crew.

W T F?

You were the only sensible one left that played more than once every 6 months.
    Please don’t let it be just the Americans that try to be reasonable, as hard as they may try, they tend to fail.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Big Bear:

Hopefully today is April Fools Day in Sweden, if so you got me good although I don’t think that is the case. Being totally clueless what has prompted this, I would like to second PR in requesting that you reconsider based on the stabilizing effect you have on the overall group.
    @bigbear wrote:

You have the ear of the deer, the eye of the eagle, the wisdom of the owl and the voice of the lion.

Yes, you are a little strange looking but I respect you highly and I think that opinion is widely shared.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Panther30
    Participant

and I have the glands of the skunk….

zombie
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

@zombie wrote:

got the point bb thx. And dont talk of leaving . 🙂 u r much needed here. Hope u will change mind.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I would like to go on record as to saying if BB leaves the admin crew there will be an unbalance in the force. You have always helped keep the balance and have been a fantastic admin imo! I would suggest we hold BB at gunpoint until he reconsiders.

Loke
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

I would like to go on record as to saying if BB leaves the admin crew there will be an unbalance in the force. You have always helped keep the balance and have been a fantastic admin imo! I would suggest we hold BB at gunpoint until he reconsiders.

I agree with PoM except on the use of a pointed gun, a skunk pointed in the right direction would be much more effective.

Its with much regret I have read BB´s decision, I really hope that its only a temporary leave.

Loke 🙁

BigBear
    Participant

Not to be disrespectful to ppl showing support, but it was not my intention to hijack my own thread and direct it down this particular path. Please grant my request and use this thread to discuss the scoring system. Other issues belong elsewhere really. Thanks in advance.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

OK back to the topic then last night I watched ppl change place like a NASCAR race. Every game since the change has been extremely close and I for one like it.

naka
    Participant

So far the new scoring has possitive effect on the game. Even dropping the W/K ratio from 3.3 to 3 can be felt. The games became more predictable.

but i think the ratio must be lowered more
    Look at this screenshoot. we have 3 kills winner. 😮 with 9 kills it looks like that LeoF deserves to win?

some calculation whit (2.5) 100/40/10 scoring system:

Harmless 4W*100 + 3K*40 + 7A*10 = 400+120+70=590
    LeoF 2W*100 + 9K*40 + 3A*10 = 200+360+30=590

PS:I dont whant to force my opinion about this (2.5). Ratio have to be lowered, but how much it is unclear. maybe 2.5 is too low, and it will makes round wins pointless.

Deathbal
    Participant

I like the new scoring, but 150 every time someone wins a round is a lot. I like the idea of 100-40-10 more. It gives a bit more value to kills and assists while still awarding 100 points for a round win.

Outer
    Participant

Ok guys. It´s been more than two weeks since we are trying out BB’s settings. Ill say we do another 2 week trial for DB’s settings which for me looks fine. Anyone agree? Or should we leave these setting as the permanent ones? Else will be restored to the original settings.

Thanks in advance for replies.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

this settings good for Romel ONLY, course rounds win makes win game… with dirt help..
    2.5 would be cool.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.