This topic contains 65 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

Irishbandit
    Participant

Why cant kills and round wins have the same score??

BOY
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Why cant kills and round wins have the same score??

excellent question.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

To make it interesting I could change the scoring mode for a while if people want a change. It won’t affect the stats after all.

Willis
    Participant

Sounds fair gavin.

I think the easiest change, and the one that BigBear origionally suggested… is merely lowering the points-for-round-win.

35 – Win
    10 – Kill
    2 – Assist

…Is what BigBear origionally suggested, sounds good to me.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Sounds fair gavin.

I think the easiest change, and the one that BigBear origionally suggested… is merely lowering the points-for-round-win.

35 – Win
    10 – Kill
    2 – Assist

…Is what BigBear origionally suggested, sounds good to me.

I really dont have an opinion i was just throwing ideas out.

BigBear’s idea looks good. Heck if it does not go over it can be changed again.

cbx550f
    Participant

As I said, it doesn’t matter much to me, really.

As was mentioned, it can always be changed back, and it doesn’t really have any effect on stats.

Might be good to post a note in the MOTD showing what the criteria is.

cbx

BigBear
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Heck if it does not go over it can be changed again.

I concurr!

BOY
    Participant

I like the 35/10 ratio, seems like a pretty good balance. I think people will llike it. 🙂

BOY
    Participant

it snuck past me but the score for round wins is now 35. However, there is an error in the score.

In addition, the money won for a round win is now only 1000 😯

I don’t think anyone was expecting that. It is a bit dramatic, shouldn’t the winner at least get some cash? 😛

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

I played a game last night and noticed a message that is displayed at the end of every round:

I was checking previous Chat (~ shortcut) when I saw……….. it as it doesnt get displayed during game play.

went to the logs and paste it below.

Mon Nov 20 23:04:05 2006 – Next Round
    Mon Nov 20 23:04:05 2006 – Warning:Does not support server option “MoneyWonForLives”
    Mon Nov 20 23:04:05 2006 – Warning:Does not support server option “ScoreWonForLives”

occurs after every round. Not sure what it means but I know it doesn’t appear in older logs.

Brain Damage
    Participant

not sure 100% but it should mean that your scorched version is old compared to the server (you are still suing c or b version) while the server runs d; if yes please consider upgrading to d verion (now the full install download problem has been fixed)

hobbesme
    Participant

@boy wrote:

it snuck past me but the score for round wins is now 35. However, there is an error in the score.

In addition, the money won for a round win is now only 1000 😯

I don’t think anyone was expecting that. It is a bit dramatic, shouldn’t the winner at least get some cash? 😛

As I just posted, Brain Damage posted about the apparent score discrepancy & also that money per round win is actually $6K.

BOY
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

To make it interesting I could change the scoring mode for a while if people want a change. It won’t affect the stats after all.

It would seem that the intention was for the round wins to be explicitly worth 35 so as to balance a bit better with kills.

I will reset score for lives to 0 if that seems okay with everyone.

cbx550f
    Participant

@np-theoutlaw wrote:

Mon Nov 20 23:04:05 2006 – Next Round
    Mon Nov 20 23:04:05 2006 – Warning:Does not support server option “MoneyWonForLives”
    Mon Nov 20 23:04:05 2006 – Warning:Does not support server option “ScoreWonForLives”

occurs after every round. Not sure what it means but I know it doesn’t appear in older logs.

Yeah, that means you need to update your client. 😉

BOY
    Participant

Since the main server was full, I did not change any settings. Did not want to screw up someone’s win or anything.

The Teams server was empty so I have changed the settings there to 0 points won for lives. The only points will now be from kills and assits. THis should balance out some of the lopsided winning scores at the teams server.

I also changed money per hit point to 500 from 250.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.