This topic contains 263 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ChemLaird 5 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

planet hoth zoomed out

at 512×512 I have no clue as to how players will be able to reach eachother *shrug* but They have to be this big in order to add all
    these objects & make it look properly evened out & not crowded.

Im hoping gavin is increasing the weapons range or something.
    that would be great.

I’ve already asked gavin about that and he he wasn’t going to do that but you could always use the velocitychange tag to increase the weapons range.

also see this post ❗
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2476&highlight=

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

*sigh*

if only there was a way to get animation in object models
    so my AT-AT walkers can walk towards player positions
    from a distance away like the movie & other star wars games.

in the surround distance *or* using a walking path mask
    in the map that would only work at ground 0.

(or)
    maybe not sink or ghost into the map and be able to
    recognise elevation & walk up & down the surfaces.

well avoiding drops & cliffs too.. I spose it would be nice
    if animated walking objects could only walk up or down
    a percent in steepness

so my atat’s could look like this.. 😀

BOY
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

you could always use the velocitychange tag to increase the weapons range.

velocity change resets the velocity to a single set speed, right? and WeaponVelocity would be easy enought, but it does have a bit of a difficulty, The tag currently multiplies the set velocity by the chosen varible. its a bit troublesome to fine tune a shot that is set at 3x velocity.

would be nice to have a tag that automattically added a set power to the shot. Perhaps an additial 500 or 1000 velocity.

Could we have a tag for maybe which has a minimum velocity of 1000

Either that or a new feature that allows a player to purchase booster power for a shot. Each shot would use up a small amount of booster energy. This would make the game even more strategic and a bit tricky too.

Bobirov
    Participant

A way to set a weapon to a specific velocity has been on my wish list for some time. My main reasoning behind this was for machine guns and other weapons where you shouldn’t be able to adjust the power on it. Or for other funky bomb type weapons where you want projectiles to spread at a consistant velocity. (edit) My suggestion was to add in a boolean toggle to WeaponVelocity that toggles between a relative adjustment (current setup) and an absolute adjustment. This would work in the same way that the toggles in WeaponRedirect work. False would be relative, true would be absolute. When in absolute mode, a velocitychange of 1.0 would result in the weapon traveling at the same rate as a shot made with 1000 power.

But, I don’t really see how that would be helpful here. The standard WeaponVelocity seems like it would be more appropriate. If all your maps are going to be twice the size of standard, why not add a weaponvelocity with a velocitychange of 1.5 or 2.0 to the head of every weapon?

However, if you’re planning on making each map a different size, that won’t work very well. And, if that is the case, I’m not sure what you could do currently to address the issue. Perhaps Gav will come up with something along the lines of a velocity scaling feature for odd size landscapes. Or, as some else suggested, you could give everyone free fuel.. 🙂

hobbesme
    Participant

Wow I haven’t looked at the Mods forum in ages, but this Star Wars theme landscapes is so freakin’ awesome. I love it.

The Death Star; the Hoth landscape with speeders & ion cannon. Wow.

VERY good job.

Can’t wait to play it someday.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

A way to set a weapon to a specific velocity has been on my wish list for some time. My main reasoning behind this was for machine guns and other weapons where you shouldn’t be able to adjust the power on it. Or for other funky bomb type weapons where you want projectiles to spread at a consistant velocity. (edit) My suggestion was to add in a boolean toggle to WeaponVelocity that toggles between a relative adjustment (current setup) and an absolute adjustment. This would work in the same way that the toggles in WeaponRedirect work. False would be relative, true would be absolute. When in absolute mode, a velocitychange of 1.0 would result in the weapon traveling at the same rate as a shot made with 1000 power.

But, I don’t really see how that would be helpful here. The standard WeaponVelocity seems like it would be more appropriate. If all your maps are going to be twice the size of standard, why not add a weaponvelocity with a velocitychange of 1.5 or 2.0 to the head of every weapon?

However, if you’re planning on making each map a different size, that won’t work very well. And, if that is the case, I’m not sure what you could do currently to address the issue. Perhaps Gav will come up with something along the lines of a velocity scaling feature for odd size landscapes. Or, as some else suggested, you could give everyone free fuel.. 🙂

a better *easier* way to solve this problem is if gavin simply adds
    a tag that looks at the landscapesdef.xml and sees & adjusts the..

it should change the weapons distance capabilities *automaticly* determined in the size of the maps.

*forget* giving free fuel,… that makes my problems worse..

as I need to give a specified amount of free fuel for the players in the base objectives map so they have to walk a few turns to get within range
    of the bases. *NOT* total free fuel just an amount per turn.

because the laser weapons will only be able to shoot so far

Bobirov
    Participant

it should change the weapons distance capabilities *automaticly* determined in the size of the maps.

That is exactly what I was referring to when I said:
    @bobirov wrote:

Perhaps Gav will come up with something along the lines of a velocity scaling feature for odd size landscapes.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

That is exactly what I was referring to when I said:
    @bobirov wrote:

Perhaps Gav will come up with something along the lines of a velocity scaling feature for odd size landscapes.

Oh ewwPs 😳

then your right 😛

BOY
    Participant

I am currently learning about some imaging issues, as I am a total noob at graphics and imaging. I hope to have a nifty logo idea sometime soon, if I can get off the phone with my realtor 🙂

jdog
    Participant

Looks good, shockwave and boy.

Cambo
    Participant

Couldn’t resist…
    even if the scale is a little off.

oh and yes texturing is still the bane of my exsistance.

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@cambo wrote:

Couldn’t resist…
    even if the scale is a little off.

oh and yes texturing is still the bane of my exsistance.

can we get a copy of that here?

textured or not im sure we can find uses for that 😀

very nice work.

Irishbandit
    Participant

Thats no moon its a space station!!!!!!!

Cambo
    Participant

Governor Tarkin: Perhaps she would respond to an alternative form of persuasion.
    Darth Vader: What do you mean?
    Governor Tarkin: I think it is time we’d demonstrated the full power of this station. Set course for Alderaan.

So here’s the textured version of the Death Star.

Cam

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

sweet..

now i can blow up alderan

THANKS!!! 😛

nice work 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 265 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.