This topic contains 41 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  PeanutsRevenge 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Hey all.

Thought I’d do a wee thread for some of the oldies to participate in and maybe lure them back, while also giving the new guys a chance to see look into Scorched history.

It’s up to you what criteria you use, be it friendliest, most deadly, hardest to kill etc….
    Personally, I’m all about deadly aim and traditional personality (helps others, humble, fun, polite..)

The list includes most of the series winners (main) along with some honourable mentions.

Feel free to add your reasoning in the thread and get some good banter going as well.

Upto 5 choices are allowed as some will be great for different reasons.

EDIT:
    Reasons for adding who I did (I wanted to add more, but limited to only 10).
    I’m adding this because the oldies don’t seem to be getting love, probably because the small group of regs we currently includes few that had the pleasure of playing with many of these guys.

Vihor: Probably the deadliest aim the game has ever seen (without the use of the infamous aimbot), but is believed/known to be an ‘assisted aimer’ (the use of spreadsheets, rulers, other physical world tools).

Brain Damage: Great shot, helpful player, developer, friendly. (I’m biased too because he taught me a lot of tricks in my earliest days).

Mandy (The Mistress): Great teacher, always ready to help those in need. Sharp wit, good shot.

Naked: Three consecutive series wins. Did whatever he could to win.

Raden: Great shot, clever player. Very friendly and open minded. Always a pleasure to share a server with (unless you’d like to win).

WoWbagger: I didn’t get to play against him many times, but we was always very well liked and a former series winner.

HWB: Great sense of humour, very popular player.

Chopper: Great sense of humour. Longest surviving oldie. Can’t aim worth a damn.

db: Miserable bastage. Don’t know why I included him. Well, he was a good shot I ‘guess’.

Paris: Deadly shot, thought tactically. Frequented the mod servers though which infected him 🙂

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I voted for:
    Mandy: Had a lot passion for the game and spent sooo much time with newbs that I know the game wouldn’t have been played anywhere near as many hours in it’s history had Mandy not been about.
    She was also a deadly shot and had a sharp tongue on her.

Raden: Just a nice friendly guy, nearly always level headed. Can chat to him about pretty much anything and you’d enjoy the conversation/discussion. Had a deadly shot and was a tactical thinker.

HWB: Complete nutter. Always good for a laugh, very helpful in game, open and honest.
    Wasn’t the most accurate player, but you never wanted to kill him. Partly because then he’d be chatting even more, putting you off your shot. 🙂

Chopper: What can I say, he’s the oldest one still playing from the earliest series’. Great guy, crap shot, drinks far too much/little (depending on whether he’s winning). Helps the newbs, hammers the idiots.

db: One of the sneakiest bastages I’ve played against. When he could be bothered to play, he usually won the game. Clever thinker, deadly aim, humour that makes bone seem moist.
    Even stuck in an mcb tourny win (which I still claim was through admin hacks :p)

I started by making a note of who were former admins, to show the extra work they’d put in behind the scenes for us. Then I realised once I reached Badger, that they’re all former/current admins 🙂
    Not many games I’ve known where the admins have usually been the most loved players.

Deathbal
    Participant

Peanut!!! I voted for the only guy that gave me a loss in the MCB tourney I won. And he seems to be in the lead. =D>

I played a few games today in beginners and got a beating. It seems I’m a bit off. 😥 I do miss those packed house nights.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Should stick ya head in more often then. Had a couple of good evenings in a row.
    Not like it used to be, but 4-5 good players was great fun.

Andrey_S
    Participant

I voted for Raden, he is frendly and knows Russian a bit ))

Chopper
    Participant

Wow, I’m honored to even be mentioned on a list like that.
    ..even got a couple votes. 😀

If I could just get my right eye back working ….I’d get me some PNut.

One of the deadliest I ever encountered (and theres some MAJOR bastages on the list) was a dude I can’t quite remember but name started with a “A”. He was banned from here many years ago, he was a mother I tell ya.

Of course theres been a lot of FUN players over the years and that after all is what Scorch is all about.

Thanks Peanut for drawing up the list ……and shame for leaving your name off.

*after research I found it was apollo tangent

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

One of the deadliest I ever encountered (and theres some MAJOR bastages on the list) was a dude I can’t quite remember but name started with a “A”. He was banned from here many years ago, he was a mother I tell ya.

Of course theres been a lot of FUN players over the years and that after all is what Scorch is all about.

AT came to mind, but couldn’t put his name on, he was banned ffs.
    Thought about One too, but again, banned.

Whether they were the right decisions or not is irrelevant.

Acid22
    Participant

A is for Acid. Aceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!! =P~

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@acid22 wrote:

A is for Acid. Aceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!!!!!!!!!!! =P~

it’s also for:
    A Chicken!

Now get in here and die!

Chopper
    Participant

Get yer butt outta the pubs on on MAIN 😀

Deathbal
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Can’t name everyone, which is why I am honored to make the list. Naka, Sabi, Loke and Outer come to mind. Those are some wicked players. Especially Outer. I don’t remember ever beating him. As far as AT goes, I think he was before my time. “One” was a great player before he went bad, a true shame.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@chopper wrote:

Can’t name everyone, which is why I am honored to make the list. Naka, Sabi, Loke and Outer come to mind. Those are some wicked players. Especially Outer. I don’t remember ever beating him. As far as AT goes, I think he was before my time. “One” was a great player before he went bad, a true shame.

Naka, sure, Loke was cool. Sabi? nah!

I did forget about Naka tbh.

Thrax
    Participant

…. pout…

ArmorWraith
    Participant

HOLY CRAP O_o is that an elusive Thrax I spotted!?

How have you been mate!?

Armor

Chopper
    Participant

Quit poutin’ and get scorchin’….hell I wondered what ever happened to ya.

yOu know.its hard to name all the really good shootin, friendly and hospitable people been thru this game.

if I search back thru the name list I see many many fun people and wonder what happened in their lives to take them away from the game.

In fact with Peanuts permission I’ll build alist or even start a new thread like
    “WTH are they”

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.