This topic contains 51 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Laptops Daddy 7 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

yusuf
    Participant

Ah cool, may have just missed it, can I be a pain and ask you to link to the discussion again. Thanks.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5590

Thrax
    Participant

Definatly a whole new ball-game. 😀

After a few games with bots and then Bazzz, a few new strategy windows
    open up. Delayed defensive is pretty much out of the question, since
    players can now Heal, re-shield, or swap shields while in the middle of the
    battle.

As for Skipping and having the game end.. that’s pretty much un-needed
    too. If it comes to the point where you can’t reach your targets in unlimited
    shots, then either you skip and hope they kill eachother, or you must make
    the ultimate sacrifice and choose to resign.

The other bit that interested me was the map-starting. During the buy
    cycle, players are not placed on the map yet. Adds a sence of mystery.
    I like it.

Extra lives do work, but only if you aren’t caught off-guard. It take’s a
    moment to recognize.. so if the game counts you out before it’s added
    to your info, yer hooped.

And last, while this is a remarkable advancement, it’s also still a beta.
    I’m hoping a few other effect features are also worked in before it’s final.
    Like deformable cavern ceilings, some shield texture customizing, and if
    possible, deforming napalm as well.. for Acid burns or liquid dirt.

Overall, Totally wicked improvements.
    Everyone should give it a whirl.

BOY
    Participant

And last, while this is a remarkable advancement, it’s also still a beta.
    I’m hoping a few other effect features are also worked in before it’s final.
    Like deformable cavern ceilings, some shield texture customizing, and if
    possible, deforming napalm as well.. for Acid burns or liquid dirt.

in the interest of speedy releases, and more of them, I’d say go for this release ASAP. Another in a few months would be super. 😉 More on this later.

R0Boscorcher
    Participant

naka

They must automatically extend to fit the text.

(its me but another profile)
    [-X This is the problem of russification, to move text in another row we have to put “/n”. I have already fixed it now.

R0Boscorcher
    Participant

My issue report.
    I can not connect to the official Beta server. The loading of the level stops. I waited 10 minutes but without result. But I can connect to the no official beta servers.

(sorry for the terrible english)

bazzz
    Participant

I have the same problem, in v43 i couldn’t get in the game at all it said connected for 60 sec then it starts loading but stops and freezes my comp.This is the same for both v43 servers.

Today i can login to the official(apoc) server but it wont let me start a game, the first message window shows, when i press ok it closes instead of letting me choose to start a game.

BOY
    Participant

I initially had problems with connecting to the beta server. I had to load the safe and fastest settings and then the server seemed to load faster. If the error occurs during the loading of maps or terrain or something, it is more than likely a problem with your drivers, Gcard, or such…. This is just my opinion and what worked for me. Keep trying something, load the game with all settings set too bare nothing, and if it loads you know its you, not the server.

R0Boscorcher
    Participant

… By the way loading of te level stops at the point “Creating Breakers 1“.

Thrax
    Participant

@r0boscorcher wrote:

… By the way loading of te level stops at the point “Creating Breakers 1“.

It means you’ve reached your power limit for whatever visual settings you
    chose. Reset them to the minimum, and test again little by little. Depending
    on the card, or on-board vid processor, Some visual effects may not be
    supported.

I sell a few modern mid-level laptops at my work by HP, Acer, and Toshiba.
    I loaded and tested V42 on all of them, and found that even with dual-core
    and 3-4gb ram, they will only run at 2-10fps on some and 15-20fps on others..

The limitation is partly Video-processor, and partly OS..

While strangely enough, mid-level settings on my old pentium4 with 512mb
    ram and 64mb ATi card still gives me 25-35 FPS average.
    Which doesn’t say much for the state of some modern laptops…

R0Boscorcher
    Participant

Obliterated,

It means you’ve reached your power limit for whatever visual settings you
    chose. Reset them to the minimum, and test again little by little. Depending
    on the card, or on-board vid processor, Some visual effects may not be
    supported.

Thanks for your help. I will check this. Interesting because version 42 runs good at the same settings… #-o

imported_gcamp
    Participant

For the people having issues connecting to the new game, how long would you say it takes you to generate a level? Not that this should be an issue Im just checking.

tumbleweed
    Participant

Tried this yesterday, after getting the ‘latest’ drivers for my Nvida 6200 card, ( #-o ).. I had the same issue ROBoscorcher had, trying to connect to merge. The Game would connect to main test, but nothing happened. It showed the results from a past game with Bazz and the bot and would not start a new one. Play is jerky on my machine at full settings (offline). I believe it to be the limitations of this hardware (AMD 64 Atholon 2800, 2G Memory, Asus Mobo K8M800 Nvida Geforce6200, Agp, Winblows XP SP3)

I haven’t been able to test under Debian, as I couldn’t get it to compile, and didn’t have the time to troubleshoot it, and get it fixed. (again a problem on this end)

Thanks!

BOY
    Participant

There seems to be an issue with the display of what round the game is on in the network game display. It read “round 7/5” there for a bit. It does not correctly show that a game is in progress (in green).

BOY
    Participant

I have made some changes to the beta server currently running apoc mod. This should make the server a bit more like what we may have running in the near future for the other servers.

discuss the settings in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&p=57679d

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@boy wrote:

There seems to be an issue with the display of what round the game is on in the network game display. It read “round 7/5” there for a bit. It does not correctly show that a game is in progress (in green).

On which dialog?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.